Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:27 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Terry Venables on ITV

Was it just me, or did the 'great man' just say that Rosenborg have "had a holocaust of a start"?

Is that PC?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Yes he did. I admit I was a bit surprised.

The word Holocaust is now universally taken to refer to the extermination of the Jews in WW2 - but even putting that to one side, it means something causing great suffering and loss of life - a bit OTT at the very least.

Venables really is a tosser.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Cheap and tawdry; Venables is so objectionable. But that was sinking to new depths.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:51 PM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Totally out of order. Hopefully the press will comment on it tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:57 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a prick. El Tel will get away with it cos of all of his mates in the meejah.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:03 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by James
The word Holocaust is now universally taken to refer to the extermination of the Jews in WW2
With reason, right?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Banned by Moderators

thegoat is playing for a contract
It actually means 'burning of the people', James you stupid twat.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by thegoat
Calling someone a stupid twat never does for much for an argument, still less than an argument based on a false premise. It means great loss of life or destruction. The very much earlier meaning has the connection with fire and hasn't been in common usage for some time.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Banned by Moderators

exactly - it was the original meaning you -faced tosser.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Ex BBS Member

First safety First safety First safety First safety First safety First safety First safety First safety First safety First safety First safety
We have another Einstein on board!
User Registered

TonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Calm down people. Let's get back to the point in question. Venables out
♥ Mile

We'll take your word for it.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The final solution?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Golden Oldie

Quote:
exactly - it was the original meaning you -faced tosser.
Read my lips "Calling someone a stupid twat never does for much for an argument, still less than an argument based on a false premise".

Friend of Venables are we? Don't let's lose sight of what this thread is about.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Banned by Moderators

I called you a -faced tosser, not a stupid twat, you fat .
Old 07-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Quote:
PS, Why would you call someone a twat so freely after they gave their useful insight into the word in question.

I think you are showing yourself to be impulsively 'twat-like'.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:23 PM
♥ Mile

Leave him be, he's harmless, if a bit irritating.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Define holocaust
1. The murder of six million Jews by the Nazis during World War II.
2. Generically, any great loss of human life or any almost total destruction, especially by fire.

Hope that clears it up...
Old 07-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Banned by Moderators

His insight wasn't useful it was shit.