Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not according to the two websites above.

ANYWAY... Venables should be sacked on the same grounds that Ron A was sacked. After all, making a derogatory statement about a race is rasict, isn't it?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:41 PM

Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268
Why is it that we expect ex-footballers to be walking lexicons? Older pundits like Venables and Atkinson were hardly scholars and they spent more time learning about the offside rule than the vagaries of the English language. I think we're being a bit harsh here. They are steeped in football and that is what they are paid to talk about. So what if they cock it up now and again? I think people are over sensitive about things and are just sitting waiting to pounce on an innocent mistake. You might have had a point if Spurs had been playing. (By the way can I say cock?)
Old 07-12-2004, 09:41 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is Rosenborg's defendng a race?

(Sorry).
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
And he's a stupid twat?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:42 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Panman268
You might have had a point if Spurs had been playing.
Going by your reasoning, that football pundits don't have to think about what they say, why?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by thegoat
I called you a -faced tosser, not a stupid twat, you fat .

Old 07-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why is it that we expect ex-footballers to be walking lexicons?
LOL - are you joking? If that crook Venables doesn't know what the Holocaust is all about then God help us all.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Was it just me or did the interviewer thank Arse?

You can't shorten Arsene Wengers name politely
Old 07-12-2004, 09:48 PM
♥ Mile

Haha!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:52 PM

Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268
Quote:
Originally posted by zonin2000
Going by your reasoning, that football pundits don't have to think about what they say, why?
Football pundits are not like politicians, newsreaders, TV presenters or anyone trained in the televisual art. They usually have to react to a request for a comment very quickly and they then tend to shoot from the lip and some mistakes are made.

Of course they think about the gist of what they are saying but are not necesarily articulate enough to put them forward without making an error. Venables used to play for a Jewish fan based club and I'm totally sure he meant no offence with what he said. I wonder if any other fans outside ours, who obvioulsy hate his guts would have even noticed.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:03 PM
♥ Mile

Quote:
Football pundits ... ... even noticed.
My question was actually, why would it matter whether he was commenting on Spurs' (Jewish connections) defence, or Rosenborg's defence, if, as you assert, football pundits can afford to be careless with their words.

But in any case, whilst I'm also certain that there was no racial motivation behind Mr Venables' comments, it's a careless and inappropriate comment to make.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Why is it that we expect ex-footballers to be walking lexicons? Older pundits like Venables and Atkinson were hardly scholars and they spent more time learning about the offside rule than the vagaries of the English language. I think we're being a bit harsh here. They are steeped in football and that is what they are paid to talk about. So what if they cock it up now and again? I think people are over sensitive about things and are just sitting waiting to pounce on an innocent mistake. You might have had a point if Spurs had been playing. (By the way can I say cock?)
I agree with what you say contrary to what I said earlier.

However, one doesn't use the 'holocaust' lightly, especially as a type of adjective. Terrible knew exactly what he was saying and probably thought he was being clever.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:10 PM

Careless, yes I agree but all I was saying was that he was not necessarily deserving of the vitriol thrown his way in previous posts. Most of the comments made here are born of hatred of the man and not necessarily of what he said. It was an excuse to bash Venables pure and simple by people who can't move on.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Also, people who are on TV and may have an influence on what others think should take responsibility about what they say. This was clearly irresponsible of Terrible.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:12 PM
♥ Mile

I started the thread, not to fuel the abuse of Venables, rather in genuine surprise at what I'd heard.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
Do you have to be Jewish to support Spurs? Surely not, though I'm beginning to think so, based on some of the discussions on here recently about race and allegedly racist comments
Old 07-12-2004, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Do you have to be Jewish to support Spurs? Surely not, though I'm beginning to think so, based on some of the discussions on here recently about race and allegedly racist comments
It's not a pre-requisite but historically they have had a large Jewish fan base.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:28 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by thegoat
I called you a -faced tosser, not a stupid twat, you fat .
Thank you, vindication of my decision to leave this board. Along with Kolinko you are the most inane objectionable person I have ever met.
And it's goodbye from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Virtually Insane

mrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrdance88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
They usually have to react to a request for a comment very quickly and they then tend to shoot from the lip and some mistakes are made.
True, but....

It's still not acceptable is it really on national telly. For it to be almost a freudian slip we then assume he uses the term in his normal vocab.

Get him off.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's not a pre-requisite but historically they have had a large Jewish fan base.
Though I only know one Jewish Spurs fan, and I know two Jewish guys from Golders Green who support Ch*lsea.