Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 31-12-2004, 02:45 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Robbie Blake to sign for Birmingham

Birmingham to tie up Blake deal

Birmingham City are hoping to tie up a deal for Burnley striker Robbie Blake in the next two days.

Blues boss Steve Bruce is keen to make the 28-year-old his first signing in the January transfer window and may fork out around 1.5m for his services.

"There's still a bit to do at Robbie's end but we hope we can do something in the next couple of days," said Bruce.

"He's got really good ability and I think he can play in the Premiership, though it's always a gamble."

Bruce added: "He's a little bit of a different player to what we've already got and he would give us an extra striking option.

"When Dwight Yorke has had an injury we've had just two strikers available and we've been forced to play people out of position."

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill has already admitted he is resigned to losing the services of his skipper.

"I've resigned myself to thinking that Robbie is now going to be on his way. That's very disappointing as a manager," said Cotterill.

"That's why I made him my captain. I've got loads of time for him and it hurt a lot having to put him on the bench against Wigan.

"He's been great for me. There's only one person who suffered here and that's me because I can't pick him anymore, but I just think that he deserves a chance to be playing in the Premiership.

"The two chairmen at Birmingham and our club are talking about the future and I'm sure things will materialise in the future unfortunately."

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I thought this was interesting, because I've always thought that Blake is a similar player Dougie Freedman. Now, Bruce clearly believes that Blake can make it in the Premiership, and I think he tried to sign Dougie from us, a couple of seasons ago.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?