Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:37 PM

CHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
The emphasis in both Italian and Spanish football is in keeping possession, admittedly Spanish tends to be more expansive, but the fact that teams from both these countries would rather make their opponents work for a goal, rather than hand them out on a plate, seems to make some people think it is boring.

This may come as news to some of you, but the idea is to score goals and prevent the opposition from doing so. The standard of defending in English football is woeful, despite the fact we think we have some our best defenders for a while. I think they all have ability, but the likes of Terry, Campbell and Ferdinand have all been found lacking so far, at the highest level.

You don't really think that the "quality" on display here is really better than Italy or Spain, do you? Or are you just confusing this with excitement?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Nordic deity

Tor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsTor is very understanding, and so aware of all my situations
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I get the impression that Italian teams would rather grind out a dour 1-0 win, than actually press forward and score several goals, albeit running the risk of conceding.
No big difference in amount of goals. Serie A averages 2.48 pr. match, Premier League 2.59. 54,1% of matches in Italy are over 2.5, Premier 54,5%
Old 07-01-2005, 10:46 PM

CHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by Tor
No big difference in amount of goals. Serie A averages 2.48 pr. match, Premier League 2.59. 54,1% of matches in Italy are over 2.5, Premier 54,5%
And another myth is demolished! Though I would add that Italian defending has deteriorated in recent years.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Thats Geezer, not geeza.

Geezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfGeezer knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Quote:
Originally posted by CHE
There is an over-reliance on technical aspect? How on earth can there be over-emphasis on doing things properly? In your work place, are you expected to do things correctly or to make the task as "interesting" as possible by making the odd stupid mistake?

No but your job isn't to entertain a stadium of people every saturday.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Geezer
No but your job isn't to entertain a stadium of people every saturday.
Neither is that of a footballer, his primary job is to win. And anyway, some people are more entertained by technical excellence than buffoonery!
Old 08-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Different breeds of football, Spanish and Italian football is slower but the teams can be just as lethal on the counter attack as Arsenal are. The Premiership is more about passion and less quality, but standard of pitches and weather would also have to come into this, the state of pitches due to weather in Spain and Italy is ( I would think) more conducive to passing football than English pitches are.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:57 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Should see some of the Spanish pitches sometimes. Obviously Spain is a hot country, and as such sometimes the pitches because really dry and bobbly.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by pete eagle
but standard of pitches and weather would also have to come into this, the state of pitches due to weather in Spain and Italy is ( I would think) more conducive to passing football than English pitches are.
That's lunacy. Ours are bowling greens compared to those in Southern Europe.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
That's lunacy. Ours are bowling greens compared to those in Southern Europe.
Have you ever been to a game in southern europe, Brett? Or for that matter, have you been to a football game in England?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry
Have you ever been to a game in southern europe, Brett?
Yes.

Quote:
Or for that matter, have you been to a football game in England?
Hundreds, if not thousands.

Your point?