Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
learn to count james. check out my total and no1fan's total

Old 13-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Sorted. Sorry.
Old 13-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
woo 600 profit
Old 13-01-2009, 01:35 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Actelion on the up again today, only stock in green on the SWX.

lots of revised upward target prices. Looking v.positive.
Old 13-01-2009, 01:50 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Most impressive has to be Eagle Kneevil on managing to neither make nor lose a penny in some of the most volatile markets we've ever had
Old 13-01-2009, 01:54 PM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Sorted. Sorry.

why have i got 2 i was told i couldn't use my 1st one as no details of where price came from?
Old 13-01-2009, 01:54 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
these might be of interest, you can set up your own leagues/competitions :

To view the link you have to Register or Login

would have got involved with this if i had seen the thread back in october
Old 13-01-2009, 02:05 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
Based on my performance, that's a positive advantage!
Old 13-01-2009, 04:19 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by paf
1 LOL

NKE, the gold investing bastard.
I wish my overall portfolio was as successful. I did actually buy some real shares in Yamana at the time to make it more interesting. Unfortunately I also bought some in Barclays at the same time.
Old 14-01-2009, 02:07 PM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd like to cash in and put the lot on Sequenom, please
Old 14-01-2009, 02:08 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
You'll need to give sale prices and purchase price from a verifiable source please.
Old 14-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Interesting, are they worth a punt in real life do you think?

I've just about finished my new portfolio (20 shares, all LSE or major indices, 50% weighted to E&P) but could always bump someone off as I have no pharmaceuticals in there. I would have followed Paf, but have missed the boat on his recommendations I think.
Old 14-01-2009, 02:42 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC
I would have followed Paf, but have missed the boat on his recommendations I think.
Tricky, Credit Suisse have upgraded the Actelion target price to 74, is now at 63, they have declared a positive opinion on a rare disease compound full approval is imminent.

great articl here -> To view the link you have to Register or Login

Roche I am unable to comment on.
Old 15-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll
Most impressive has to be Eagle Kneevil on managing to neither make nor lose a penny in some of the most volatile markets we've ever had
Darn it. I'd hoped for a Santa rally in philately as rich Russians woke to find their stockings chock-full with used 1876 4d. vermilions. But it wasn't to be. I blame the collapsing rouble, and that dastardly Putin frightening external investors by trying to control every seat of primary industry east of Magnitogorsk.

Hopefully the Indians will ride to my rescue in 2009.
Old 15-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
And...stop the presses...there has been some growth in the SG100 Index in November. Hurrah! I'll trust James (who's handier with a calculator) to tell me what it all means for my portfolio while I head off to get the Bolly in.

Old 15-01-2009, 08:43 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty air
OK, this probably isn't the right thread but if i was to put some money into "savings" each month, would people recommend cash ISA for first 3k and then something other than a standard savings account for stuff over and above that?

Or having a dabble?
Old 15-01-2009, 08:43 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty airLizzy is fond of sand dunes and salty air
OK, this probably isn't the right thread but if i was to put some money into "savings" each month, would people recommend cash ISA for first 3k and then something other than a standard savings account for stuff over and above that?

Or having a dabble?
Old 19-01-2009, 09:52 AM
snootchie bootchies

shoreditch, did you go for those pharms for real in the end? Actelion up another 5% this morning @ 65
Old 19-01-2009, 03:13 PM

prs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineprs100 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Time for a bit of do or die:

I'm selling my 3i shares:

1897 @ 272.25 = 5168.58 (A loss of almost 50%!!)

Added to my 0.98 gives me 5169.56

And I will buy RBS:

5169.56 @ 12.10 = 42,723 shares

Which leaves 0.07 in cash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3i Sell.jpeg (84.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpeg RBS Buy.jpeg (104.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by prs100; 19-01-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 20-01-2009, 05:01 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can I join late?

I will buy 13717 shares in Barclays (BARC) on the LSE at the current price of 72.9p a share, leaving me with 30p.