Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-01-2020, 03:29 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quite disappointed; heard the Meghan TV live link into the meeting yesterday didn’t happen and she just relied on Harry, relaying back the meeting’s discussions.

Was speculated that it was the Palace that refused the link as they couldn’t be sure who else would be watching/listening in. Meghan must be gutted; could’ve made a mint on You Tube with that video.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 14-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Why ?

If you left your job today, your employer wouldn’t ask for anything back from previous pay and bonuses

A better comparison would be someone on benefits, who also wouldn’t be expected to pay back any handouts upon declaring financial independence.

Should be expected to give up all perks/houses etc.
Old 14-01-2020, 03:45 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Quite disappointed; heard the Meghan TV live link into the meeting yesterday didn’t happen and she just relied on Harry, relaying back the meeting’s discussions.

Was speculated that it was the Palace that refused the link as they couldn’t be sure who else would be watching/listening in. Meghan must be gutted; could’ve made a mint on You Tube with that video.
They were worried about hacking. Can't trust the press.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 14-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
They were worried about hacking. Can't trust the press.
Maybe or also worried that Megs might use this down the road when it's all over ?
Old 14-01-2020, 04:25 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
With a bit of luck we won't have to listen to her sister criticising her and giving the press so much ammunition.
Old 14-01-2020, 07:10 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quick BBS question.

Meghan. Is the problem REALLY racism or is it because she is American and so "different"?

Arguments flowing in the IOW household tonight.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 14-01-2020, 07:30 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Fair point.
Is it?

I'm not convinced it's a fair comparison.
Old 15-01-2020, 07:44 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Quick BBS question.

Meghan. Is the problem REALLY racism or is it because she is American and so "different"?

I think the consensus is that she comes across as a conniving manipulator who has ruined Harry's life by 'Yokoing' him out of the royal family, when he had seemed fairly content before getting together with her.

Racism is not a factor in this, nor her nationality, although you could argue that the particular form of wanky pretentious preachy entitled hypocritical selfish Hollywood culture she seems to embody has a lot to do with it.

(To my shame I joined in a conversation about the couple yesterday; it turns out I have more of an opinion that I realised! )
Old 15-01-2020, 08:45 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thomas Markle could testify against daughter Meghan in her legal battle with The Mail on Sunday as High Court documents revealed he forms part of the newspaper's defence.

Maybe it’s best for the Palace to be distanced from this woman - could get very messy.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 15-01-2020, 08:50 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Quick BBS question.

Definitley because she is American. We've had Danes, Germans, Dutch, Greek and French (Normans) as part of our Royalty but an American is just too far after their treachery in 1776......the Monarchy NEVER forgets
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 15-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I think the consensus is that she comes across as a conniving manipulator who has ruined Harry's life by 'Yokoing' him out of the royal family, when he had seemed fairly content before getting together with her.

Racism is not a factor in this, nor her nationality, although you could argue that the particular form of wanky pretentious preachy entitled hypocritical selfish Hollywood culture she seems to embody has a lot to do with it.

(To my shame I joined in a conversation about the couple yesterday; it turns out I have more of an opinion that I realised! )
Why does she come across as a "conniving manipulator"? Is it because of the innumerable unsubstantiated stories from the Daily Mail, or because people have met her?

She had a successful career pre-Harry, and did not really need to do anything. Could it be that the two of them just don't want to deal with all the bollocks that goes with being a royal. Harry probably thought he had more of a duty when he was third in line. Now that he is he something like sixth or seventh, that need is diminished. Meghan will never be accepted by 51% of the country (you know who you are), so why waste their time and energy?
Old 15-01-2020, 09:31 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:

A manufactured consensus created by a right wing press feeding frenzy of hatred.
Old 15-01-2020, 09:33 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Oh my word.
Old 15-01-2020, 09:38 AM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
She may be all of that but Harry does appear to be as thick as shit.

Quote:

Old 15-01-2020, 10:05 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdougie View Post
Why does she come across as a "conniving manipulator"? Is it because of the innumerable unsubstantiated stories from the Daily Mail, or because people have met her?
Newspapers were fine up to and after the wedding.

After that, things changed. Now it could be that the two royal brothers have become estranged because William reads the Daily Mail ; or it could be because he knows her, and that he knows she’s a conniving manipulator.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-01-2020, 10:29 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Newspapers were fine up to and after the wedding.

After that, things changed. Now it could be that the two royal brothers have become estranged because William reads the Daily Mail ; or it could be because he knows her, and that he knows she’s a conniving manipulator.
Or it could be because Meg and Kate don’t like each other and The brothers sided with their wives. Or the brothers drifted apart, or the gagging order surrounding Will is true and Harry was friends with the lady?

Who knows? It’s not uncommon for siblings to fall out is it? It certainly isn’t always down to a wife being a conniving manipulator.
Old 15-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I don’t know much about MM but it seems strange to marry into a family about which you must know what to expect, and almost immediately want to turn everything upside down.
Old 15-01-2020, 10:42 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Or it could be because Meg and Kate don’t like each other and The brothers sided with their wives. Or the brothers drifted apart, or the gagging order surrounding Will is true and Harry was friends with the lady?

Who knows? It’s not uncommon for siblings to fall out is it? It certainly isn’t always down to a wife being a conniving manipulator.
In these circumstances, motherless and close for so many years, I’d say yes, it’s unusual.

It could just coincidence of course. But remind me how Ms Markle has also. dispensed with every other member of her family?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-01-2020, 10:46 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
In these circumstances, motherless and close for so many years, I’d say yes, it’s unusual.

It could just coincidence of course. But remind me how Ms Merkel has also. dispensed with every other member of her family?
There are enough Germans in the Royal Family without you adding to them!
Old 15-01-2020, 10:51 AM
Semper Idem

Ooops. My conniving, manipulative spellcheck! Edited.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ