Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-05-2019, 10:27 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
Seems like I'm only one who can't bear to listen his drivel on a Sat morning
Not at all. I'm with you.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:30 AM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Almost seems deliberate
What a stupid man
Old 09-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever View Post
"Sorry my gag pic of the little fella in the posh outfit has whipped some up. Never occurred to me because, well, mind not diseased.

Soon as those good enough to point out it's possible connotations got in touch, down it came. And that's it."

"Once again. Sincere apologies for the stupid unthinking gag pic earlier. Was supposed to be joke about royals vs circus animals in posh clothes but interpreted as about monkeys & race, so rightly deleted. Royal watching not my forte. Also, guessing it was my turn in the barrel."
Thanks.

Can anyone be that unaware of the possible connotations and the racist crap Megan has received in the past?
Old 09-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
He's not a clever as he likes to think he is
Old 09-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Honestly, I didn't even know Meghan had any sort of African ancestry until the BBC started shovelling the fact down my throat once she got engaged to Harry.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:49 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Can’t believe he’s been that stupid to post up a picture like that and not be aware of how it may be perceived.

Baker on LBC now

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 09-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In regards to the tweet, I'm not a fan and don't understand his explanation of the joke at all. The fact that he got sacked over it, however, I find absolutely absurd.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:05 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Can’t believe he’s been that stupid to post up a picture like that and not be aware of how it may be perceived.

Baker on LBC now
Were his excuses plausible?
Old 09-05-2019, 11:14 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
In regards to the tweet, I'm not a fan and don't understand his explanation of the joke at all. The fact that he got sacked over it, however, I find absolutely absurd.
^This, he has obviously apologised and it does appear a genuine error. Beeb not willing to face a backlash I guess.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:16 AM

Snafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnafu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sacked because the image is purporting that Harry and Megan’s child is a monkey. Come on Danny you cannot expect the BBC to keep you on as an employee. Just surprised they gave him the elbow so quickly
Old 09-05-2019, 11:17 AM

Littlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
^This, he has obviously apologised and it does appear a genuine error. Beeb not willing to face a backlash I guess.
The "apology" made it even worse.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:20 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Baker is a Millwall slag.

Is it an urban myth, but didn't he wish that Palace fans coming back from an away game had a car crash?
Old 09-05-2019, 11:28 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Were his excuses plausible?
What I heard of it - yes. I’ve got to be honest I only caught part of it, but he seemed to be suggesting he didn’t even think of Meghan’s ethnicity. It was just a joke on his long running gag of enjoying monkeys dressed up as people. Have to say when I used to listen to him many years ago, this was a particular humourless obsession of his.

He said once he was told of the possible connotation of his tweet he immediately deleted it.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 09-05-2019, 11:30 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Is it an urban myth, but didn't he wish that Palace fans coming back from an away game had a car crash?
He hates us but I enjoyed his Saturday radio show, he was often making digs at the BBC. He is a clever guy so no idea what made him do this.

Edit: Some of the cleverest people are the stupidest.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I don’t know but I saw him say when he was hosting ‘Win, lose or draw’ once that in 1936, ‘the entirely wrong Crystal Palace burnt down.’ It was actually quite funny.

- John Peel
Old 09-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Fat Millwall ****. Good riddance.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:39 AM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
He's not a clever as he likes to think he is
I'm afraid being surrounded by those two brain cell neanderthals at the New Den makes him think he is.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:58 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
What I heard of it - yes. I’ve got to be honest I only caught part of it, but he seemed to be suggesting he didn’t even think of Meghan’s ethnicity. It was just a joke on his long running gag of enjoying monkeys dressed up as people. Have to say when I used to listen to him many years ago, this was a particular humourless obsession of his.

He said once he was told of the possible connotation of his tweet he immediately deleted it.
That would make sense, personally cannot see him tweeting something which had racist intent.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:01 PM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Going off track a little, but does anyone else think she’s got Harry’s little balls in her pocket ?

Seems like she squeezes once for yes and two for no. Completely spineless and under the thumb.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:04 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Not a myth.

Coming back from a midweek game at Port Vale on 16 October 1996.