Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 19-08-2019, 04:30 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
Tell me about it. Coming to the end of 10 days in Phoenix, great place but **** me is it expensive. Hotel prices not far of Abu Dhabi/Dubai.

Even to go out to a standard breakfast joint and we're getting little change from $90 for the 5 of us. I can take the missus and kids for breakfast to Brasserie Blanc for that.

Got me thinking actually that some of the places I've been to this year US, UAE and Sweden for various reasons that the cost of living in the UK is far more reasonable. Even the outlet stores here in the US are no different to outlet stores back home now. Only place that i have consistently found better value than the UK was the Costa Blanca.
The UK has become much poorer place since Brexit; financially, socially, culturally and reputationally.
Old 19-08-2019, 04:36 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Pretty much all American food and drink is vile.
Quintessa and Dominus to name but two are fine wines that can hold up to the finest in the world, and there are many others. (although I concede the Opus's and Screaming Eagles of this world are a triumph of marketing over substance)

I would also say some regional cuisine is excellent (creole for example) and that New York and California play host to some of the finest restaurants on the planet (sadly with ratecards to match)
Old 19-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Pretty much all American food and drink is vile.
Reece peanut butter chocolate is lovely though!
Old 19-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
The UK has become much poorer place since Brexit; financially, socially, culturally and reputationally.
Since Brexit? Calm down dear.
Old 19-08-2019, 06:11 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
It is going to be a by-product of Brexit. Over the next few decades everywhere is going to seem expensive compared to the UK.
Old 19-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
It is going to be a by-product of Brexit. Over the next few decades everywhere is going to seem expensive compared to the UK.
Already there in Europe.

Apart from the red-nosed expat brigade for the voddy of course.

Edit: I was in France last week and struggled to get away from a woman that was complaining a cauliflower cost 4.50 Euros. Truly shocking.
Old 19-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Given I would be very disappointed if I couldn't see a doctor within 48 hours offering less than 2 weeks waiting time to some people must seem like a vote winner.
Less than two weeks? We left Sussex around 16 years ago and even back then it took over 2 weeks. Well before the subsequent massive cuts.

Friends who still live there claim it’s 3 weeks plus nowadays.

I could tell a story to show just how wrong that is, but it’s still way too raw.
Old 19-08-2019, 07:30 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
So on the flip side would that be good for our economy and tourism. No good for us going abroad, but many Europeans and Americans can have a field day visiting the UK.
Old 19-08-2019, 07:36 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
So on the flip side would that be good for our economy and tourism. No good for us going abroad, but many Europeans and Americans can have a field day visiting the UK.
For sure, cheaper holidays for tourists from other counties visiting the UK.
Old 19-08-2019, 07:39 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'd very strongly argue that socially has nothing to do with Brexit and what's culturally got to do with Brexit? The UK has always been one of the leaders in Europe for cultural mix and will no doubt remain that way. In fact had a good chat with an American who was only 30 so not old. He explained lots of people are becoming frustrated with social media and claims a lot of the worlds problems stem with social media responsibilities, or lack of. I've got to admit I tend to agree and most of the UK problems today aren't nothing to do with Brexit, but social media and the youth being sucked in. My kids are just an example of this. More interested in Instagram followers than anything else. Our youth have become lazy.
Old 19-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
One of the few upsides of Brexit is that most people are now completely ignoring O’Skinty.

Cricket wanker.
Old 19-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
More interested in Instagram followers than anything else. Our youth have become lazy.
Bit of a generalisation.

I'm quite impressed with them. Money savvy, well informed, hardworking and with modest expectations, which is just as well ,bearing in mind the legacy we're leaving them.
Old 19-08-2019, 07:49 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
One of the few upsides of Brexit is that most people are now completely ignoring O’Skinty.

Who?
Old 19-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Assuming they're allowed in.....or indeed we're allowed out.
Old 19-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
More interested in Instagram followers than anything else. Our youth have become lazy.
I had to pick up on this. The people I know between 15 and late 20s are really pretty great - engaged, engaging, well informed, interested in most things - they’re in a challenging world and that is largely down to our generation, but I think they will make a decent fist of things.
Old 19-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Bit of a generalisation.

I'm quite impressed with them. Money savvy, well informed, hardworking and with modest expectations, which is just as well ,bearing in mind the legacy we're leaving them.
Well said.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 19-08-2019, 10:00 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Only really true of North America.
Do you consider Mexico to be part of North America?: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-08-2019, 10:04 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I don’t, really. I think of it as Latin America.
That said, I think I prefer the food further down south. Mexico overdoes the cheese and bread and you’re very likely to get the shits.
Old 20-08-2019, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I had to pick up on this. The people I know between 15 and late 20s are really pretty great - engaged, engaging, well informed, interested in most things - they’re in a challenging world and that is largely down to our generation, but I think they will make a decent fist of things.
You may know some but that really isn't the majority. I'm not saying they're not great, but I'll have my mortgage with you that the vast vast majority of youth today are hooked on social media.

Social media has become the devil, it really has. You get bombarded with bull**** from all sides of the political spectrum. I'm off all social media now. Occasionally Twitter, but only to update our local youth teams progress that I coach. The only format I use now is the BBS and this place is pretty toxic at times. If you don't form a particular view as someone else it can be venomous on here. What ever you think the vast majority of people today aren't forming an opinion for themselves. They're sheep all following whatever they get sucked in by the latest blogger, Instagramer etc etc. You even get celebrities voicing politcial opinions and this can be very dangerous if it's not a balanced view. If not used responsibly, social media is extremely dangerous and whatever think the vast majority of youngsters will use this format today.
Old 20-08-2019, 05:30 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Already there in Europe.

Apart from the red-nosed expat brigade for the voddy of course.

Edit: I was in France last week and struggled to get away from a woman that was complaining a cauliflower cost 4.50 Euros. Truly shocking.
You should stop Charing for pics. A selfie with you and cauliflower for 4.50 euro's......that is expensive....