Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 19-07-2019, 06:22 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
More rabble raising lies from Boris about the EU

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I caught this on the news. They want a blatent liar as leader? He seems a very capable liar.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 19-07-2019, 06:24 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Or even if he is right and the uk has suffered a little bit in one relatively minor area that he knows about there is no point in discussing the many other areas others know about? That sounds a bit silly to me?

“We should leave the Eu because people in insurance might earn a little less if we don’t”

I’m pretty sure the majority of the country don’t give much of a shit about how much people who work in insurance will lose and I’m pretty sure that those that do, heed the warning of Lloyds; that they don’t have time to relocate to Brussels without transition and possibly worry about the relocation rather than £5 billion of petty cash.
Do you mean Lloyds Bank or Lloyd's of London? I've posted on another thread how much of a ballache Brexit uncertainty is for Lloyd's, and how it's set up an insurance company in Brussels to 'front' for syndicates - at stake is about £5bn premium, and that business is now under the jurisdiction of Belgium, not the UK.

Meanwhile other UK-domiciled insurance companies and insurance brokers have been busy setting up EU-domiciled branches in order to broke and write business post-Brexit. That's likely to equate to more billions.

I don't know what branch of insurance Jez works in, but for the global insurance centre that is the London market, Brexit is a significant handicap, and the result is that a lot of business and (hopefully!) profit no longer resides in the UK.
Old 19-07-2019, 06:40 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Do you mean Lloyds Bank or Lloyd's of London? I've posted on another thread how much of a ballache Brexit uncertainty is for Lloyd's, and how it's set up an insurance company in Brussels to 'front' for syndicates - at stake is about £5bn premium, and that business is now under the jurisdiction of Belgium, not the UK.

Meanwhile other UK-domiciled insurance companies and insurance brokers have been busy setting up EU-domiciled branches in order to broke and write business post-Brexit. That's likely to equate to more billions.

I don't know what branch of insurance Jez works in, but for the global insurance centre that is the London market, Brexit is a significant handicap, and the result is that a lot of business and (hopefully!) profit no longer resides in the UK.
I meant Lloyd’s of London and cheers for elaborating on my point.
Old 19-07-2019, 08:10 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Because you know more than the FT?
well in this case yes. There is no way the PRA could have not brought in S2 which is similar to a lot of the EU Directives and EU influence. Some deep theoretical legal opt out may exist but in reality.............

Anyway, enough of this Brexit related discussion
Old 19-07-2019, 08:11 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Or even if he is right and the uk has suffered a little bit in one relatively minor area that he knows about there is no point in discussing the many other areas others know about? That sounds a bit silly to me?

“We should leave the Eu because people in insurance might earn a little less if we don’t”

I’m pretty sure the majority of the country don’t give much of a shit about how much people who work in insurance will lose and I’m pretty sure that those that do, heed the warning of Lloyds; that they don’t have time to relocate to Brussels without transition and possibly worry about the relocation rather than £5 billion of petty cash.
I wasn't posting this as the main reason for leaving the EU. It was in response to Wolfie's post on the B thread
Old 19-07-2019, 08:42 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
I wasn't posting this as the main reason for leaving the EU. It was in response to Wolfie's post on the B thread
Response to what?

Whilst you’re here though, what are your reasons for wanting to leave the EU and how do you think your chaps are doing with its implementation?

Perhaps you could post it on the correct thread though. Thanks.

Cricket wanker.

Last edited by Wolfnipplechips; 19-07-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 19-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
And it won't matter a jot.

Politics Live had some Tory saying that BJ was making a general point about EU and their rules even after Andrew Neil pointed out it was UK law not EU law !!

What the **** has happened to our politics?
Make shit up to appeal to a prejudice and if you say it with conviction people will believe you.
Old 19-07-2019, 09:47 AM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Old 19-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Response to what?

Whilst you’re here though, what are your reasons for wanting to leave the EU and how do you think your chaps are doing with its implementation?

Perhaps you could post it on the correct thread though. Thanks.
As proven by that ridicuous (I would say funny but its actually tragic) thread and lets face it, throughout the whole country, there's simply no point in engaging
Old 19-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
As proven by that ridicuous (I would say funny but its actually tragic) thread and lets face it, throughout the whole country, there's simply no point in engaging
Well don’t then. FFS

You come on here, pontificate, get asked to explain your points and then claim there’s no point in engaging.

It’s bizarre behaviour and makes you look unhinged to be honest.

Cricket wanker.
Old 19-07-2019, 10:10 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

(Sorry just seen already posted)

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 19-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Of course, this whole thing is Brexit in a single story.

Anti-EU narrative is they impose lots of unnecessary rules on us.

The rules that the likes of Aaron Banks, Jacob Rees-Mogg, James Dyson and Boris Johnson mean are those that protect workers rights; health and safety etc. But they don't want to say that, as the public actually support those measures. So they make up stories like bendy bananas and this kipper story.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 19-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Well don’t then. FFS

You come on here, pontificate, get asked to explain your points and then claim there’s no point in engaging.

It’s bizarre behaviour and makes you look unhinged to be honest.
have you read some of the things you post
Old 19-07-2019, 12:50 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
have you read some of the things you post
Do you not bother posting on the brexit thread so much because you're too busy cleaning your windows?
Old 19-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Wow - just wow......

The home secretary, Sajid Javid, has singled out Nigel Farage and the Brexit party for praise in a speech in London, saying: “They are not extremists.”

In an incongruous moment in a speech about countering extremism, Javid said “credit” was due to Farage for walking away from his former party, Ukip, as it lurched to the far right. The move will be seen by some as an effort by the Tory party to extend an olive branch to the Brexit party.

Javid’s comments come amid increased speculation about the role Farage and the Brexit party might play alongside a Boris Johnson-led Conservative party. The possibility of a future Tory-Brexit party coalition has been speculated upon, along with various roles for Farage such as a trade envoy to the US.

“And we must give credit where credit is due. So I applaud Nigel Farage for walking away, calling Ukip ‘thugs and extremists’,” Javid said. “Even though his Brexit party has not made my life any easier, I want to be clear – they are not extremists.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 19-07-2019, 02:42 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Conservatives the natural party of appeasement.
Old 19-07-2019, 03:09 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
I hope Bojo dies of botulism.

Caused by improperly stored smoked fish.
Old 19-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
4 days till the ego lands..

Hoping it won't be a decade of density
Old 20-07-2019, 07:37 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Make shit up to appeal to a prejudice and if you say it with conviction people will believe you.
Some seem to. I have in my hand, a kipper signed by Herr Hitler.

Old 20-07-2019, 07:39 AM
I'm watching you

Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Conservatives the natural party of appeasement and liars.
Thats better.