Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:28 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
The bastard lovechild of former Spurs players Kyle Walker and Martin Peters?
Thought it was Rudolph Walker & Mary Peters.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:37 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Clyne is similar height and was pretty decent. I understand re defending set pieces but teams dont score often from corners anyway (I think the average is about once every 30 corners in the prem).
It is much more important for full backs to contribute going forward these days as the only space is usually out wide. It has been noticeable the lack of threat we carry down the right while Ward and Kelly play RB. Both are excellent defenders but poor going forward.
A more attacking RB who isn't quite as good defensively may lead to more goals at both ends but I'm all for that as the playing style under Roy is a little dull (not complaining as it gets best results possible from available playing resources).
Old 08-01-2020, 10:37 PM

Palaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I don't think he was a joke. I wouldn't mind him in our squad. But certainly not as a regular starter either, he wasn't good for us either.
TFM looked like an AWB when he first broke into the Wankers team and was definitely one of the few positives at the time, along with Rashford.

He was ok and versatile for us and thought he was older than 22 but with Kouyate and Kelly in the squad almost as utility players CM/CB and CB/RB I think the squad place would be better used on a different type of player, maybe fitting a specific role. Obviously they'd have to tick the can't pass or score and injury prone boxes!
Old 08-01-2020, 11:34 PM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought he was going to be a regular this season for Spurs, given they sold Trippier in the summer, then only played in the first three games. I did find this snippet though, thought it was more recently but it did catch my eye at the time:
On 26 December 2018, Walker-Peters successfully registered 3 assists during a 5–0 home win against Bournemouth, becoming the youngest player, aged 21 years and 257 days, to provide three assists in a Premier League game since Jermaine Pennant (aged 20 years and 227 days) made three in August 2003 for Leeds United against Middlesbrough.[15]
Old 09-01-2020, 12:04 AM

BARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fearBARNSTONEWORTH is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
This worries me, we have so many pint sized players no wonder we never score from corners and are vulnerable from them.
Taking Kelly out of the side for a midget right back will make it worse, he might not be great going forward but he adds plenty of defensive strength/height to the back line.

We clearly need a right back but a taller one please.
Trent Alexander Arnold is an inch taller than Walker Peters, and Andy Robertson is 5’10”. Kenny Sansom was 5’8”, the same height as KWP. Not sure whether height matters so much at full back.
Walker Peters can also cover left back - he played there when England U20 won the World Cup in 2017.
Personally think he would be a very good signing.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:18 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
He's pony.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:19 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNSTONEWORTH View Post
Trent Alexander Arnold is an inch taller than Walker Peters, and Andy Robertson is 5’10”. Kenny Sansom was 5’8”, the same height as KWP. Not sure whether height matters so much at full back.
Walker Peters can also cover left back - he played there when England U20 won the World Cup in 2017.
Personally think he would be a very good signing.
Agreed - and what better manager to play under? Roy and the coaching staff turned AWB into a superstar. We also have a fantastic set of experienced defenders who will teach and help the lad - I predict a match made in heaven. He should be paying us for the opportunity.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:05 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
As a 6 month try before you buy, might as well. Damning with the faintest of praise, I know.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:05 AM

Groinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From what I’ve seen of him he’s very dynamic and will add a lot in an attacking sense; will be interesting to see how he copes defensively when we play the top teams/ we are out of possession. Looks an exciting prospect though overall.....perhaps Spurs don’t want to work on the weaknesses they’ve identified?

Last edited by Groinstrain; 09-01-2020 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:55 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
It's a move that makes sense. No risk in the short term with the possibility of staying on if he plays well
Old 09-01-2020, 06:16 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
This worries me, we have so many pint sized players no wonder we never score from corners and are vulnerable from them.
Taking Kelly out of the side for a midget right back will make it worse, he might not be great going forward but he adds plenty of defensive strength/height to the back line.

We clearly need a right back but a taller one please.
Kelly is Becoming a liabilty at right back. This kid would have to cost us more than a goal a game to be worse.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:22 AM

CpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
It's a move that makes sense. No risk in the short term with the possibility of staying on if he plays well
this could be a great signing, happy with this!
Old 09-01-2020, 08:06 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To be honest I hate buying a player because he is at a famous club. If you can't find a really good fullback slightly under the radar from even down the leagues I reckon your recruitment structure is bl**dy useless. Spend your money on areas that change club direction (i.e. last third damage talent) not here, generally speaking. Tofu-Mensa was a ridiculous loan give loan slots are like gold dust and given the change in direction he was even likely to be able to offer us.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:12 AM

Gyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My Tottenham supporting mate says he's decent but needs to play regularly. He said he's done ok when he has played. Personally i don't know anything about him but he sounds decent.

Would be pleased with this. I'm guessing he must be pretty good if he's played for Spurs?
Old 09-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
To be honest I hate buying a player because he is at a famous club. If you can't find a really good fullback slightly under the radar from even down the leagues I reckon your recruitment structure is bl**dy useless. Spend your money on areas that change club direction (i.e. last third damage talent) not here, generally speaking. Tofu-Mensa was a ridiculous loan give loan slots are like gold dust and given the change in direction he was even likely to be able to offer us.
It’s a fair point. The trouble is that we have manufactured a situation in which we find ourselves, mid-season, in desperate need of a right back. It’s a silly position to be in, for sure.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:41 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro1780 View Post
My Tottenham supporting mate says he's decent but needs to play regularly. He said he's done ok when he has played. Personally i don't know anything about him but he sounds decent.

Would be pleased with this. I'm guessing he must be pretty good if he's played for Spurs?
He's played 12 times and despite them having no decent right back themselves they want rid. Tells you everything. They were playing Foyth there instead of him at times he was that crap.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:06 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian eagle View Post
Would love him at Palace, looks like he can time a challenge, gets up the pitch and and has genuine pace.
Must be a loan at best then, because we don't sign pacy players on a permanent. Think Bolasie was the last one? Anyway, a loan is better than nothing if it materialises.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:10 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Must be a loan at best then, because we don't sign pacy players on a permanent. Think Bolasie was the last one? Anyway, a loan is better than nothing if it materialises.
Pva schlupp
Old 09-01-2020, 09:24 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
I know he gave away a silly penalty against us for handball but on the few occasions I've seen him he's always looked pretty decent.

IIRC he played quite a bit last season but can't even get a game ahead of Aurier/Foyth this season. Spurs fans are as baffled with that as anyone.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:36 AM

Eagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleinmk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm seriously on the fence with KWP, other than 3 games at the very start of the season he hasn't played in the premier league for Spurs.

At points he was Spur's only fit RB and neither Poch or Jose have fancied playing him.

Kind of speaks volumes to me - maybe he's just a bit shit like Fosu-Mensah and we end blooding in a 'promising' young right back for another club who is actually not very good.

That said, perhaps the lad needs games and he'll be great.

Poch normally had no issue with blooding young players but for whatever reason, he didn't fancy KWP and that REALLY concerns me.