Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:51 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Would much prefer that we sign players that we actually want rather than players others want to unload, Walker-Peters initially looked reasonable but if he cannot oust Aurier (sp) from the Spurs team I worry.

Transfer windows are fuelled by rumours/nightmares that are even worse when you wake up COYP
Old 09-01-2020, 10:51 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
He's pony.
Maybe he is. But better option than Kelly at RB and it's only a loan so isn't the worst transfer
Old 09-01-2020, 11:01 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleinmk View Post
I'm seriously on the fence with KWP, other than 3 games at the very start of the season he hasn't played in the premier league for Spurs.

At points he was Spur's only fit RB and neither Poch or Jose have fancied playing him.

Kind of speaks volumes to me - maybe he's just a bit shit like Fosu-Mensah and we end blooding in a 'promising' young right back for another club who is actually not very good.

That said, perhaps the lad needs games and he'll be great.

Poch normally had no issue with blooding young players but for whatever reason, he didn't fancy KWP and that REALLY concerns me.
That's why a loan isn't a bad idea. I doubt he will ever make it at Spurs. We can try him out and if he does well then a permanent is probably quite possible. If not, then he goes back and we look elsewhere.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I don’t want us to spunk money on a player that can’t get near a very poor Spudz defence and then we have to pay a “potential” fee on top.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:29 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I don’t want us to spunk money on a player that can’t get near a very poor Spudz defence and then we have to pay a “potential” fee on top.
Depends if there are others right backs available though. We certainly need one from somewhere for the rest of this season.

I'm not convinced by him either but if the club think he is worth trying for 6 months then I'm happy with it.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 09-01-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:33 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Would much prefer that we sign players that we actually want rather than players others want to unload, Walker-Peters initially looked reasonable but if he cannot oust Aurier (sp) from the Spurs team I worry.

Transfer windows are fuelled by rumours/nightmares that are even worse when you wake up COYP

If he comes then yes I hope its a loan . Was thinking the same , Aurier looks awful at full back for Spurs and KWP still not considered . Problem is , leaving signings to January which should have been done in Summer is going to be difficult
Old 09-01-2020, 11:41 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post

Not better than Aurier says it all .... avoid !
Old 09-01-2020, 11:48 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Not better than Aurier says it all .... avoid !
Just read this comment...

"KWP who has made 1 mistake in his games , or Aurier , sending offs and penalties and misplaced passes and only recently learnt to take a throw in , or Fortyh 2 pens in one game and probably should have been a third v Wolves , and got sent off v Bournemouth in under a minute . For me KWP ANYday"

I don't usually take much notice of what other fans say, but I saw a few like this. He's also very young, still learning and also think he could cover further up the pitch if the need arises, he's got a very good delivery.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:53 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
A loan gives us a stop gap to the summer.

Aarons will almost certainly be available in the summer. Spurs are supposedly interested as are we. If Walker-Peters does ok and Aarons choses them over us then we have a back up option that Spurs will be keen to remove from their books.

If he doesn't work out for us, we know we need to push the boat out a bit more for quality. Spurs are then left with at least 3 Right Backs.

Spurs financial clout has also been hit pretty hard. Their new stadium is costing them a lot, the injury to Kane will affect their season a bit and will possibly mean they don't have CL football next year. With Erikssen running his contract down they will miss out on what would have been a big fee so i wonder how much clout they will have in the transfer market this month and in the summer.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:09 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw on spurs forum some fans say if they get anything more than £5m for him they should sell but Levy will hold out for £15m knowing we have AWB money.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:11 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That would be my reservation too. If he can't get in that Spurs side, you do have to ask the question - why not?

If they don't rate him, just how good is he at the moment, and what should we expect if he comes here? Possibly not a lot!
Old 09-01-2020, 12:13 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
A loan gives us a stop gap to the summer.

Aarons will almost certainly be available in the summer. Spurs are supposedly interested as are we. If Walker-Peters does ok and Aarons choses them over us then we have a back up option that Spurs will be keen to remove from their books.

If he doesn't work out for us, we know we need to push the boat out a bit more for quality. Spurs are then left with at least 3 Right Backs.

Spurs financial clout has also been hit pretty hard. Their new stadium is costing them a lot, the injury to Kane will affect their season a bit and will possibly mean they don't have CL football next year. With Erikssen running his contract down they will miss out on what would have been a big fee so i wonder how much clout they will have in the transfer market this month and in the summer.
Aarons is very similar to KWP (to me at least). Good wingback, less clear if he is the same at RB in a narrow 4. Height question in terms of the defence and team as a whole to consider. clearly improving our attacking options.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
That would be my reservation too. If he can't get in that Spurs side, you do have to ask the question - why not?

If they don't rate him, just how good is he at the moment, and what should we expect if he comes here? Possibly not a lot!

Is it Spurs or Mourinho who doesn’t rate him? Or is it just age? Jose would usually always favour a less able senior player over a youth product.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 09-01-2020, 12:29 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
We know that we need an RB, winger and forward, probably in that order. We also know that the club wants to make every £ go as far as possible.

If the rumours are true then we're after KWP, Ibe and Tosun. At least one of which would be a loan. This is going to cost relatively little. KWP is 22 and Ibe is 24. They should both improve and may well turn out to be much better than predicted. Tosun would be an upgrade on Benteke.

Worst case scenario is that we pick up 3 squad players for a small fee. This is how we will do business with Dougie as DoF and its much better than spending £30 million for Sakho to spend most of each season injured. It means that if Ward is out and KWP starts at RB, Kelly can back up CB again. If Ibe starts on the wing Ayew can play up front or Schlupp can play left back if PVA is out and so on. They don't have to be great if they allow other players to play positions they're more suited to.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:31 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Tosun would be an upgrade on Benteke.
We would hope so, but until he gets the ball in the net, don't bank on it
Old 09-01-2020, 12:52 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
We know that we need an RB, winger and forward, probably in that order. We also know that the club wants to make every £ go as far as possible.

If the rumours are true then we're after KWP, Ibe and Tosun. At least one of which would be a loan. This is going to cost relatively little. KWP is 22 and Ibe is 24. They should both improve and may well turn out to be much better than predicted. Tosun would be an upgrade on Benteke.

Worst case scenario is that we pick up 3 squad players for a small fee. This is how we will do business with Dougie as DoF and its much better than spending £30 million for Sakho to spend most of each season injured. It means that if Ward is out and KWP starts at RB, Kelly can back up CB again. If Ibe starts on the wing Ayew can play up front or Schlupp can play left back if PVA is out and so on. They don't have to be great if they allow other players to play positions they're more suited to.
Based on what?!? Both are crapnand we could end up paying near on 200k a week to 2 donkeys.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:06 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's entirely possible that Ward (when fit) will remain first choice right back at the club. Walter-Peters would offer competition and/or cover for the position and improve the squad strength.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:16 PM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Spurs have been playing a central midfielder at RB ahead of KWP. Says it all really. Zeki Fryers comes to mind (I think Palace spent 3 million quid on Fryers).
Old 09-01-2020, 02:04 PM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Spurs have been playing a central midfielder at RB ahead of KWP. Says it all really. Zeki Fryers comes to mind (I think Palace spent 3 million quid on Fryers).
Which CM is that? Aurier, their first choice RB, has played 17 of the last 18 league games.
Old 09-01-2020, 02:13 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_C-Pal View Post
Based on what?!? Both are crapnand we could end up paying near on 200k a week to 2 donkeys.
Tosun better than Benteke? It’s a prediction. Presumably the club agree or they wouldn’t be pursuing it. Tosun has 9 goals and 3 assists in the equivalent of 24 games for Everton (who were not exactly great). If he played all 38 games that would equate to 14 goals and 5 assists. We’d take that production. Of course this assumes that he’s the same player and would fit into the way we play and what Roy requires in his players.