Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:02 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fella on twitter brought it in as he seems to have a political problem with Turkey and Cenk’s role in this.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Don’t know enough about where the Greeks fit in, but I do know they are far from friendly.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:12 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Stan has that one flying outside his house.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:12 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Anything that stirs up racial tension is just wrong.

I speak as part of the minority group, the half Armenians.

Racism is just wrong, but ffs anything that pisses off those blood thirsty barbarian Turks is not racism unless people try and claim telling the truth is now considered racism.

Just as people who did not like blacks but loved The Specials renamed the band The Specials plus two, anytime Cenk is on the pitch Palace become Palace plus one to me.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:20 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This was his justification by the way.

“Tosun celebrates goals with the military salute to the Turkish army, the Turkish army have recently made illegal deals with Libya ignoring Greek waters and Islands and invade our airspace multiple times a day to antagonise us as well as occupying Cyprus and trying to steal its gas”.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:40 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
This was his justification by the way.

“Tosun celebrates goals with the military salute to the Turkish army, the Turkish army have recently made illegal deals with Libya ignoring Greek waters and Islands and invade our airspace multiple times a day to antagonise us as well as occupying Cyprus and trying to steal its gas”.
Oh how my heart bleeds

I notice no mention of their fellow swarthy cousins who suffered far greater at the hands of the brutish Turks than they did.

When they can claim 1.5 million deaths then maybe that is the time to pipe up about injustice, not when you can only claim 750k.

I now hope Cenk scores a hat trick the next time they are in town. Let's see where their whining gets them amongst the Selhurst faithful then.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:08 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
I realise these days its terribly fashionable to be ostentatiously offended, but what is wrong with waving a flag at a football match?
Nothing, if they were waving a Turkish flag in support of our Turkish player, but they were waving a Greek flag, to be provocative. If you don't think that is provocative why do you think it was waved, are you unable to use logic?

It's akin to racism as far as I am concerned, someone deliberately choose to be cause offence to one of our players and worse still it was one of our own, so called 'supporters' within a group who are very vocal about 'supporting the team and creating a good atmosphere'

If I see it happen again I will complain to the club...end of
Old 12-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Greek flag waved by someone in the Fanatics zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
Nothing, if they were waving a Turkish flag in support of our Turkish player, but they were waving a Greek flag, to be provocative. If you don't think that is provocative why do you think it was waved, are you unable to use logic?

It's akin to racism as far as I am concerned, someone deliberately choose to be cause offence to one of our players and worse still it was one of our own, so called 'supporters' within a group who are very vocal about 'supporting the team and creating a good atmosphere'

******* hell, that’s some assumption.

Don’t the HF has an association with a Greek club?

Scratch that. Seems it’s not an assumption.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:43 AM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
i doubt Cenk would take offense. From my experience of living in Turkey for years, most turks spend their summers in Greece as its, and I quote directly from my turkish mates, 'its turkey but with better food..'
What they mean by that is 'its turkey but with better birds, and we can get on the piss without worrying about others judging us'
Old 12-01-2020, 11:44 AM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post

Modern football fans in 2020...

"i will complain"

Why dont you ask the bloke in question?

Or just get a life and enjoy your day at the football.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Modern football fans in 2020...

"i will complain"

Why dont you ask the bloke in question?

Or just get a life and enjoy your day at the football.
Exactly.

Only do-gooders have a problem with racism returning to grounds.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:04 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Technically, he’s German.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:23 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Left or right, right or wrong, keep politics out of football.

It is one of the few sacred spaces we have left that is not infected by bipartisan political bickering. Football is tribal enough already without bringing politics into it.

If you care about the game, anybody who tries to bring politics into football should be viewed suspiciously.

Those people are seeking to co-opt football as a platform for political agendas that have no association with football. Don't let them.

If we lose football grounds as neutral ground politically, we lose a lot more than we realise.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:37 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
I just read this as Green Flag and assumed the HF minibus had broken down.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:39 PM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Oh how my heart bleeds

I notice no mention of their fellow swarthy cousins who suffered far greater at the hands of the brutish Turks than they did.

When they can claim 1.5 million deaths then maybe that is the time to pipe up about injustice, not when you can only claim 750k.

I now hope Cenk scores a hat trick the next time they are in town. Let's see where their whining gets them amongst the Selhurst faithful then.
Injustice isn't a competition.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:44 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Be interesting when Andros returns being half Greek Cypriot and all. I expect Tosun to find crosses to him in short supply.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 12-01-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post
Injustice isn't a competition.
Well about time it was
Old 12-01-2020, 12:53 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Left or right, right or wrong, keep politics out of football.

It is one of the few sacred spaces we have left that is not infected by bipartisan political bickering. Football is tribal enough already without bringing politics into it.

If you care about the game, anybody who tries to bring politics into football should be viewed suspiciously.

Those people are seeking to co-opt football as a platform for political agendas that have no association with football. Don't let them.

If we lose football grounds as neutral ground politically, we lose a lot more than we realise.
Agreed and Palace have always been an eclectic club.

Take for example, the mid 70s, Vince Hilaire, Ricky Heppolette, Rachid Harkouk and Barry Silkman all in the same side.

Silkman and Harkouk best of pals and also International money laundering experts.

You can see on the BBS a wide background of political, religious and ethnic backgrounds, which pretty much reflects Palace on and off the pitch.

There will only be an issue if certain individuals try to make an issue out of it.

The majority of us couldn’t give a ****.

Remember Sasa Curcic and his anti-Nato campaign?
Old 12-01-2020, 01:51 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Be interesting when Andros returns being half Greek Cypriot and all. I expect Tosun to find crosses to him in short supply.
I'm sure that will be the reason for the lack of crosses.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-01-2020, 02:03 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
I realise these days its terribly fashionable to be ostentatiously offended, but what is wrong with waving a flag at a football match?

So you think its fine for Millwall to wave Turkish flags when they play Leeds I suppose?
Old 12-01-2020, 04:36 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
So you think its fine for Millwall to wave Turkish flags when they play Leeds I suppose?
Both Leeds and Millwall fans have a larger than average contingent of complete idiots amongst their number, who cares what one set does to the other?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013