Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-01-2020, 10:53 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Andreas Palmas should be banned from the ground
Old 13-01-2020, 10:53 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Mate sent me a picture. Wankers had south east London loyal or some such bollox. Will post if I can find.
In the 80's we used to have Palace 'half and half' bobble hats - I remember seeing half Celtic / Half palace - dunno about Rangers though.
Old 13-01-2020, 11:21 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat Eagle View Post
Jeez. Why should Cenk Tosun have to bear the brunt of protests against Turkey, especially from Palace 'fans'? If one of us who happens to be British ever plays any sport abroad are we fair game for anyone who wants to protest against anything Britain has ever done in the past? No wonder there are wars all over the place, modern society is so intolerant of everything.
So Heaven help us if we ever get a German pl... oh.
Old 13-01-2020, 11:45 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Greek flag waved by someone in the Fanatics zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Will he support Sørloth if he comes back though? Maybe not as bad for a Norwegian saluting Turkish troops?

Maybe he’s just trying to shield his eyes from the sun whilst trying to spot someone in the crowd.

Maybe.
Old 13-01-2020, 11:49 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
I wonder how many of you noticed that one of the Take Away shops at the start of Whitehorse Lane was very briefly called ‘Gallipoli’ about a year ago, before the owners were pointed out the error of their ways?
Old 14-01-2020, 12:05 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
‏‏‎
Good man, Stanley, keep that post count up. This is your kind of thread, mate.
Old 14-01-2020, 02:35 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
My parents are both Greek Cypriot. FWIW, i don’t agree with waving the flag. I of course, being of Cypriot descent, understand and sympathise with the sentiment behind it more than most, but not the way, time or place to be showing your displeasure.

I also don’t agree with Tosun (and other players) doing the military salute - idiotic thing to do. But he’s young, ignorant and full of testosterone, and a lot of young men get carried away with the ‘romance’ of that kind of show of nationalistic nonsense.

Won’t stop me supporting him as a Palace player.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 14-01-2020, 02:50 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-01-2020, 02:51 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych View Post
Maybe he’s just trying to shield his eyes from the sun whilst trying to spot someone in the crowd.

Maybe.
Known in legal circles as ‘The Hennessey Defence’
Old 14-01-2020, 07:32 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
So Heaven help us if we ever get a German pl... oh.
Hennessey was just supporting Max all along.
Old 14-01-2020, 07:34 AM

ParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a stupid thread
Old 14-01-2020, 07:37 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
In the 80's we used to have Palace 'half and half' bobble hats - I remember seeing half Celtic / Half palace - dunno about Rangers though.
I still have mine. Ski hat rather than bobble though

Palace & AC Milan. Bit random
Old 14-01-2020, 07:46 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Really? So many fans at clubs up and down the country have that weird ‘Glasgow Rangers’ link - All political. Seen a Palace/Rangers flag at some grounds. Horrible.
Whilst I don't disagree with you, that's still a bit different to a protest aimed at a Palace player.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-01-2020, 08:25 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Celtic half? Jeez, get me a bucket. At least have the protestants.
Old 14-01-2020, 08:47 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Celtic half? Jeez, get me a bucket. At least have the protestants.
Pretty sure there were Palace/Dundee Utd ski hats too. Not sure which domination Dundee Utd are meant to be and like 99.9% of Palace fans couldn’t give a flying **** about Celtic or Rangers either.
Old 14-01-2020, 08:53 AM
Probationary User

olivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
this is a no-issue, asked my turkish pal, he said it is not even on the news and tosun was not aware it was directed at him. things are alright between two nations, greeks frequently visit Turkish aegean side, same with Turks being all over Greek islands and Salonica. It is a flag of a sovereign state, nothing any offensive and I doubt Cenk even noticed it.
Old 14-01-2020, 09:19 AM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
I had a Palace/Hearts ski hat in the 80's. Absolutely no idea why. Options were shit it the club shop back then. I did get an excellent Walnut dressed in a palace scarf though. Simpler times.
Old 14-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
My ski hat was Palace only. (Ski hats was definitely one of the weirder footballing attire crazes.)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-01-2020, 11:05 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertwist View Post
this is a no-issue, asked my turkish pal, he said it is not even on the news and tosun was not aware it was directed at him. things are alright between two nations, greeks frequently visit Turkish aegean side, same with Turks being all over Greek islands and Salonica. It is a flag of a sovereign state, nothing any offensive and I doubt Cenk even noticed it.
Ask him if he recognises the Armenian genocide so we can judge how balanced his opinion is.

Thanks.
Old 14-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Probationary User

olivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkolivertwist sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Ask him if he recognises the Armenian genocide so we can judge how balanced his opinion is.

Thanks.
I did, he pushed me back with whether I recognise Winston as a war criminal, had to concede there.