Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-01-2020, 02:19 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Maybe now he's here some London Turks may pop along and wave a Turkish flag.... who cares.
Still think a Military salute is the next level..
Don't worry, the salutes were terrible. Even Hennessey did a better job of it.
Old 14-01-2020, 02:29 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I don't know if it's been pointed out but, when Cenk comes on he fists bumps Sokratis...so it seems Tosun himself hasn't a problem with Greeks...and Sokratis has no problems with Turks.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 14-01-2020, 02:34 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Isn't it Turkish Cypriots and Greek Cypriots that have an issue with eachother, as opposed to just Turks and Greeks?

I am probably well off to be fair.
Old 14-01-2020, 02:39 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Isn't it Turkish Cypriots and Greek Cypriots that have an issue with eachother, as opposed to just Turks and Greeks?

You're not. My family is Greek, even 20 years ago there was a severe dislike of Turks, now my Nan watches Turkish soaps (with subtitles) on Greek TV. No one really gives a toss any more, especially younger generations. Cypriots are a different matter...
Old 14-01-2020, 02:44 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:

I don't think there's any animosity between Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots. In my experience the Greek Cypriots consider Turkish Cypriots to be fellow Cypriots.

However, the Greek Cypriots are less keen on actual Turks.
Old 14-01-2020, 02:47 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:

Iím no expert, but I have worked for years with Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots - all of them say that before the Turkish Invasion of 1974, they lived as friends and good neighbours for centuries.

Itís a familiar problem of ordinary people getting caught up in the politics and ambitions of those far removed from the environment that is getting ruined.

As far as I can tell, the ordinary Cypriots have no problems with eachother and still want to be a unified nation some day - seems a long way off, but that is their dream, some have been away from their real homes for over 45 years.
Old 14-01-2020, 05:50 PM

Pompey Eagle is playing for a contract
i notice that as well and they had conversation during one of the VAR breaks
Old 14-01-2020, 05:52 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Cyprus is a lot nearer Turkey. Just saying...
Old 14-01-2020, 07:55 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
I was under the impression that the Greeks & Turks were on far friendlier terms these days. In the North London tag trade they work together a lot. There will always be some on both sides that will be antagonistic but thankfully the rivalry has seemingly become far less vitriolic which is a credit to all concerned.
You might want to ask the Cypriot Greeks and Turks about that one.
Old 14-01-2020, 07:58 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Be interesting when Andros returns being half Greek Cypriot and all. I expect Tosun to find crosses to him in short supply.
Nothing new there then
Old 14-01-2020, 08:05 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Cyprus is a lot nearer Turkey. Just saying...
Not as close as Greece being bordered with Turkey.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 15-01-2020, 03:41 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
'Ski hat' is what?
Old 15-01-2020, 06:19 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
'Ski hat' is what?
A hat for skiing.

Old 15-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
A hat for skiing.
How does it help?
Old 15-01-2020, 10:48 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Iím no expert, but I have worked for years with Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots - all of them say that before the Turkish Invasion of 1974, they lived as friends and good neighbours for centuries.

Itís a familiar problem of ordinary people getting caught up in the politics and ambitions of those far removed from the environment that is getting ruined.

As far as I can tell, the ordinary Cypriots have no problems with eachother and still want to be a unified nation some day - seems a long way off, but that is their dream, some have been away from their real homes for over 45 years.
The Turkish Cypriots I know would never call it an invasion. They call it the Turkish intervention in Cyprus. It wasn't the Turks arriving which caused the friction. If was there before that.
Old 15-01-2020, 11:20 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
You might want to ask the Cypriot Greeks and Turks about that one.
When Cyprus became independent, Greece, Turkey and the UK were guarantors, (of it's independence). Greek Cypriots were the majority, and EOKA had fought a guerrilla campaign against the UK to try to achieve ENOSIS (union with Greece).
The Greek government of the colonels (eventually kicked out by the Greeks), tried to stage a coup to seize Cyprus probably with the connivance of Archbishop/president Makarios.
Turkey appealed to the UK (as the main guarantor), to intervene, but 'perfidious Albion' refused and sat on it's hands.
So the Turks occupied the northern part of the island, where the majority of Turkish Cypriots lived.
Under the treaty of independence, the Turks were within their rights.
The last attempt by the EU to reunite the island, eventually resulted in an agreed proposal, which was put to plebiscites of the two communities.
The Turks approved of the proposal, the Greeks voted against.

'Northern Cyprus' is a burden for Turkey, which would probably like to withdraw as long as Turkish Cypriots' rights were restored and guaranteed.

Greek Cypriots, with the promise of recently discovered, big gas deposits off-shore southern Cyprus, and Russian money (the orthodox connection), are probably happy with the status quo.

Last edited by Celestial Empire; 15-01-2020 at 11:23 PM.
Old 16-01-2020, 12:41 PM

LiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Attention seeking at its finest, and to be fair it has worked.
Old 16-01-2020, 02:42 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
How does it help?
I don't know, I've never been skiing.

Old 16-01-2020, 04:11 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
How does it help?
Keeps the head warm
Old 18-01-2020, 07:48 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Whether he was there or not. I canít help but wonder if the Greek Palace fan celebrated today when Cenk scored today.