Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
I think Harris and Blitzer could see a few things stalling/inhibiting a much bigger short-term gain. They want to cash-in, and maybe that isn't as bad a thing as we might think.,...if they can find longer-term investors to buy them out.

We are morphing from a club relying on selling young academy players to progress, to a club that seems to panic-buy to stave-off relegation from the Premiership.

Steve Parish seems to want to oversee all aspects of Palace. It that's what he wants, then that's up to him. It seems a bit SJ'ish. I would probably like to have some clued-up advisors around me , if I were SP.

I'll never have that kind of money, so what do I know ?
Oh.. you mean someone like Phil Alexander who is now the longest serving CEO in English football? Ok
Old 18-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Curbing my enthusiasm

TheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
I think Harris and Blitzer could see a few things stalling/inhibiting a much bigger short-term gain. They want to cash-in, and maybe that isn't as bad a thing as we might think.,...if they can find longer-term investors to buy them out.

We are morphing from a club relying on selling young academy players to progress, to a club that seems to panic-buy to stave-off relegation from the Premiership.

Steve Parish seems to want to oversee all aspects of Palace. It that's what he wants, then that's up to him. It seems a bit SJ'ish. I would probably like to have some clued-up advisors around me , if I were SP.

I'll never have that kind of money, so what do I know ?
Not being funny mate but when was the last time we made a profit on an academy player? Was it Zaha? The rest have left for free or nominal fees. We haven't been a club selling academy players since administration days.
Old 18-03-2019, 02:36 PM
Curbing my enthusiasm

TheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betrayTheExpatEagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
Oh.. you mean someone like Phil Alexander who is now the longest serving CEO in English football? Ok
And was complicit in us tumbling into administration in 2010.
Old 18-03-2019, 03:44 PM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExpatEagle View Post

What a complete load of BS!!

If Alexander is so bad why did Jordan keep him on and Parish and co subsequently? Also elected onto the Football league board and now the Premier league board. My God he must be awful!!

The agenda against PA on here is embarrassing beyond belief.
Old 18-03-2019, 04:57 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
He really wasn't - SJ and his brother managed that all by themselves.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 18-03-2019, 07:19 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not being funny mate but when was the last time we made a profit on an academy player? Was it Zaha? The rest have left for free or nominal fees. We haven't been a club selling academy players since administration days.
Clyne, Scannell and yes, Wilf.
Old 18-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Moses?
Old 18-03-2019, 08:59 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
Moses?
Yep, however that was during administration and I think the post I was replying to said 'since administration days'
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

IronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
If i remember correctly all academy players that have joined a club on a free this season has had to agree to a certain % of sell on fee so we could recoup a few million in the future but still better then nothing at all
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Kev View Post

If Alexander is so bad why did Jordan keep him on and Parish and co subsequently? Also elected onto the Football league board and now the Premier league board. My God he must be awful!!

How many other CEO's do you know who would come through unscathed after two administrations?
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
How many other CEO's do you know who would come through unscathed after two administrations?
Before FFP all clubs were just propped up with their owners money.
If the money goes there is no business.
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Curbing my enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
So yes, we have not been a club that sells their youth prospects in 8 or 9 years.
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM
Curbing my enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Kev View Post

Well Jordan didn't get rid of him because we hadn't gone into administration at that point. As for Parish, it kinda speaks for itself.

And yes, I do believe the stories. You don't have to.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well Jordan didn't get rid of him because we hadn't gone into administration at that point. As for Parish, it kinda speaks for itself.

OK Simon.
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is there any truth in this or just made up BS?
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Because of bad decisions made by the two owners at the time. If you think anyone else was to blame, you fail to understand the control they had over everything that went on at the club at the time of those two administrations.
Old Today, 05:04 PM
Curbing my enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Is there any truth in this or just made up BS?
What are you referring to?
Old Today, 05:06 PM
Curbing my enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
OK Simon.
If I took over a club that had been in administration I don't think I would keep the chief executive in his job, especially 9 years later, unless there was a good reason.
Old Today, 05:52 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:

But wait a minute you pointed out that PA had done two admins so when SJ took him on we had just been through an admin and PA had worked with RN. If SJ kept him it may have been because he was good at his job and didn't get in SJ's way of running the business. And SJ had kept him on 9 years later just as SP has done. So what is your point?

And what stories are you talking about. I may be able to assist with some direct facts rather than stories if you tell me what they are.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; Today at 05:55 PM.