Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 28-06-2020, 08:17 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
But 3 birdies...
Old 28-06-2020, 09:02 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Yeah, I played well and the 3 bad holes all came off drives that went slightly off line but for which I was punished hugely. The triple was a joke - the ball went slightly right, and headed towards some fairly open trees. I nearly didn't hit a provisional as I was so certain I would find it, but I thought I might as well hit another just to try and hit it a bit better. The provisional was worse, but I found that and lost my first ball! And the second double came from hitting my drive a couple of yards too long and being blocked out for my next shot

If I can turn those doubles and triples into single bogeys, I should finally get down to single figures. Currently I'm 10.1.
Old 29-06-2020, 06:41 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I miss playing golf, and enjoy reading this thread. I used to play a couple of times a week until the early noughties. In the 90s I would be down at Tilgate Forest often first thing on a Saturday - absolutely loved that course, although the par 5 17th was my nemesis hole. I also used to live 5 minutes from The Oaks in Carshalton Beeches, which although an easy / not very good condition / public course, I used to get round in a couple of hours in the evening after work in summer months. I would often play there on my own, and even though I had no standing on the course, people would usually let me play through.

I never had an official handicap / was never a member anywhere, but used to go round The Oaks in mid-80s fairly regularly. I'd got an 81 once, and 82 / 83 occasionally as well, but to get a 79 was my "holy grail" of golf. I was playing The Oaks one evening and doing really well. Standing on the 18th tee (a straightforward par 4, bit of a slope and a very slight dogleg to the left, but parred it loads of times), I was on 72 after 17 and thought bloody hell - I can take 7 here and still get a 79! Of course, sod's law meant it took me 4 to get on the green, and then I 3 putted - but 7 was all I needed. So I marked it down, added all the scores up again, and saw that I had actually been on 73 after 17, not 72, so although I'd got an 80 - my best ever - I'd basically f*cked up my best ever shot at a 79, having added up 1-17 wrong. Devastated is not strong enough to describe how I felt as I walked back to the car. Thinking about it now it still pisses me off, and it must have been nearly 20 years ago.

These days I never get to play. I did a few corporate days when I moved here, but since the kids were born / started playing football again that all took over and I haven't played now for probably the best part of 10 years. But it features heavily in the retirement plan, as I live a 1 minute drive from my local course. Anyway, like I said, I enjoy this thread!
Old 29-06-2020, 09:06 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
So after the talk about Academy Memberships a couple of weeks back, today I'm joining Surrey National.

I've only played it a couple of times, but the fact it's walking distance (not that I'll be walking there with my clubs) meant it was an easy decision.
They've done a really good deal for my brother and I to both join. I'd only need to play twice a month and get my 6 lessons (plus 1200 Range Balls) and I'll have more than justified the cost.

I managed to get out 3 times last week.

18 at Addington Court (was too hot).
9 at Cottersmore near Crawley on Friday morning, which was a lovely 9 hole course. Challenging holes that meant in the main I had to keep my driver in the bag and use a bit more thought. Was only £12 too, so will definitely be going there again.
9 at Godstone on Saturday morning.

Every time felt slightly better than the last, and having struggled with my irons, began hitting them a lot better. If anything, too well at times, but going forward that's not a bad thing.

My first aim this summer is to hit under 90. I don't think that will be far off.
Old 29-06-2020, 09:47 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I miss playing golf, and enjoy reading this thread. I used to play a couple of times a week until the early noughties. In the 90s I would be down at Tilgate Forest often first thing on a Saturday - absolutely loved that course, although the par 5 17th was my nemesis hole. I also used to live 5 minutes from The Oaks in Carshalton Beeches, which although an easy / not very good condition / public course, I used to get round in a couple of hours in the evening after work in summer months. I would often play there on my own, and even though I had no standing on the course, people would usually let me play through.

I never had an official handicap / was never a member anywhere, but used to go round The Oaks in mid-80s fairly regularly. I'd got an 81 once, and 82 / 83 occasionally as well, but to get a 79 was my "holy grail" of golf. I was playing The Oaks one evening and doing really well. Standing on the 18th tee (a straightforward par 4, bit of a slope and a very slight dogleg to the left, but parred it loads of times), I was on 72 after 17 and thought bloody hell - I can take 7 here and still get a 79! Of course, sod's law meant it took me 4 to get on the green, and then I 3 putted - but 7 was all I needed. So I marked it down, added all the scores up again, and saw that I had actually been on 73 after 17, not 72, so although I'd got an 80 - my best ever - I'd basically f*cked up my best ever shot at a 79, having added up 1-17 wrong. Devastated is not strong enough to describe how I felt as I walked back to the car. Thinking about it now it still pisses me off, and it must have been nearly 20 years ago.

These days I never get to play. I did a few corporate days when I moved here, but since the kids were born / started playing football again that all took over and I haven't played now for probably the best part of 10 years. But it features heavily in the retirement plan, as I live a 1 minute drive from my local course. Anyway, like I said, I enjoy this thread!
I feel your pain. Reminds me of the 97 I scored in league cricket. Out stumped. Pisses me off to this day about fifteen years later.

Cricket wanker.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:41 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I don't know if I would be happy to take your wicket, or feel guilty
Old 29-06-2020, 01:32 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Ah yes, and it sticks in my mind because some lemon in a white van screamed "fore" out of the window on my backswing so I stuck it straight into the big hedge ditch thing. We were playing a greensomes match so my partner, off 17, wasn't a big hitter and I had about a 4 iron in off his ball in the end. Interesting hole, local knowledge needed, I can't recall if you are able to take on the hedge and smash one over or not though.

From the whites I think youíd have to carry 280 yards to get clear over the bushes. Iím safely short but can run up to them from the yellow tees and then fail to do the sensible thing and play out sideways. I aim to go up to the left of them but thereís often a strong wind either straight at you or left to right that amplify any poor contact.
Old 29-06-2020, 01:36 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Lunch time hit down the range, starting to finally get rid of the slice off my low to mid orins (3-7). 8/9/P/S dont seem to be as affected for some reason. Used Toptracer on the range for a few weeks now so have some more reliable average carry yards that plan to take with me for tomorrow evenings round at Lullingstone. Hoping to better the 97 from a few weeks back.
Old 29-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I don't know if I would be happy to take your wicket, or feel guilty
Oh, I think you do.

Cricket wanker.
Old 29-06-2020, 05:00 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah, I played well and the 3 bad holes all came off drives that went slightly off line but for which I was punished hugely. The triple was a joke - the ball went slightly right, and headed towards some fairly open trees. I nearly didn't hit a provisional as I was so certain I would find it, but I thought I might as well hit another just to try and hit it a bit better. The provisional was worse, but I found that and lost my first ball! And the second double came from hitting my drive a couple of yards too long and being blocked out for my next shot

If I can turn those doubles and triples into single bogeys, I should finally get down to single figures. Currently I'm 10.1.
Your swing is too good for that hcp.
Old 29-06-2020, 05:04 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Last week i was 3 under after 7 including a lost ball. Then i three putted 4 of the next 7 holes. And i am an excellent putter. I got so pissed off i hooked it in the woods on the 16 th and ended up with a 7 and a 74. Beer tasted nice though after that.
Old 29-06-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Your swing is too good for that hcp.
Thanks I do play a tough course in Tilgate, so that probably pushes my handicap more than it should.
Old 29-06-2020, 06:37 PM

I ended up playing with our pro the other day. Incredible ball striker and it just goes dead straight on virtually every shot, with 15 GIRs. 34 putts though for level par...
Old 29-06-2020, 09:28 PM

drunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
went round Falconwood in 93 today, only started playing 2 months ago so quite pleased with that!
Old 30-06-2020, 10:07 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
That's very good
Old 30-06-2020, 10:31 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkymunky View Post
went round Falconwood in 93 today, only started playing 2 months ago so quite pleased with that!
Thatís fvcking sickening! Once saw a deer there
Old 30-06-2020, 11:47 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Yeah, very jealous of that!!

Their is a charm of New Addington overlooking the Falconwood course.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:45 PM

Anyone played Coulsdon recently? If so, how's it looking these days?
Old 30-06-2020, 01:12 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkymunky View Post
Top work - I have "played" (1-3 rounds of 18 for the last 10 years) but really hitting it more often now (weekly) and best score of 97. Hoping to beat that tonight but great work with 93!
Old 30-06-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Anyone played Coulsdon recently? If so, how's it looking these days?
Not played, but run round it several times in the last few weeks (I live round the corner). Found 3 golf balls on my run this morning, which was a nice touch.

Looks in very nice nick.

I've always enjoyed playing there, and would have been tempted by membership, but they made it far too difficult. I know a few of the holes can be a bit samey for some.