Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 19-06-2020, 06:40 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Ian Wright wasn't irreplaceable, nobody is. It's another question whether or not you manage to replace them.
I also think the impact of losing a player like Wright in terms of its effect on and message to the rest of the squad was huge. I do worry how out other better players would react if Wilf goes and whether it would become harder to sign other top players too? We will have to live without him at some point though.
Old 19-06-2020, 06:42 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ian Wright wasn't irreplaceable, nobody is. It's another question whether or not you manage to replace them.

Well actually he was.
Old 19-06-2020, 06:44 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Incidentally you could never have predicted that Wright's move to Arsenal would be such a triumph. He was a year older than Wilf is now, I think, and I don't recall there being a queue of clubs after him at the time.
Didn’t know that, thought Wright was basically the finished product by the time he left palace.

It’s very unlikely that we’ll find a like for like Wilf replacement, but players who are basically what Wilf was when he was younger, a winger who roasts defenders for fun but struggles with end product, aren’t so rare. Saint Maximin (who I’d controversially argue is already a slightly better dribbler now than Wilf has ever been) and Adama Traore, for example. Neither of them costed that much.

The thing is, and whether it’s down to Wilf himself or Hodgson’s system, debate away; his end product hasn’t been good this season. He’s just as important in dragging us up the pitch with pace, power and skill, but not many goals and not THAT much creativity. I firmly believe that you could swap Wilf for Adama Traore this season, and we’d still stay up comfortably. Or swap him for Saint Maximin, we’d be several points worse off but I think we’d still stay up.

Ultimately, Wilf’s 27, he’s most likely only going to go downhill from here. Even if we could only get 45-50 million, and even if some of it will go to the wankers, I think it might be best to let him go, and take the risk. Buy a couple of young attackers/creators for the future, act now instead of waiting for Wilf to hit a brick wall. Even if only one of the signings hits the ground running, as long as Roy’s here next season, I think we’d stay up fine.

Edit - 27, not 28, my mistake.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 19-06-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 19-06-2020, 07:02 PM
DFB Pokal Final

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
And we didn't do a particularly great job of that.

That being said we made more of a hash of swapping Brighty for Paul Williams.
Old 19-06-2020, 07:20 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yes. If you listen to the fyp interview with Geoff Thomas, it was a massive hit on the dressing room. They stopped believing.
Old 19-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
After that it's a question of brining players in who the other players believe in. Selling your best player is always tricky.
Old 19-06-2020, 07:49 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Jenas is spot on. I like the way that he thinks Wilf is Champions League standard, and he understands that part of the reason for Zaha's end product stats being so low this season is because he is contained by Hodgson's system. It's something that I've been banging on about all season, and I've not heard many on here agree with me. (Others on here just say he's been out of form this season rather than that he is playing wider, deeper and collecting the ball closer to our goal than previously.)

Please, please, please release Zaha further forward for the final 9 games Mr Hodgson. Let's have him as the furthest forward Palace player at all times. The summer pitches, and lack of intensity due to having games played behind closed doors should really suit him. Get him in the right positions a lot more often and he can take us into Europe.

COYP.
Jenas would be better off using his energy telling Kane to leave Spurs if he wants to ever win anything!
Old 20-06-2020, 12:00 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Well actually he was.
Yes if you include replacing him with someone like Gabbiadini who ISTR was shite.
Old 20-06-2020, 01:53 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Arsenal were shit tonight and Pepe didn't ever get a game ..... if he is 70 odd million then Wilf should be a Billion..
TBH. I think Arsenal deserve all the shite...

I get a feeling they thought they were clever and sticking two fingers up at Palace. They didn't want to give little old Palce the full asking price, and based it all on the old 'Wrighty loves the Arsenal...all players must love the Arsenal compared to Palace.'

Then they compounded this by signing Pepe from a smaller club than Palace for what we wanted for Wilf. It was like they were saying...your boy is a good player, but we only pay that kind of money for world class players...

well, Arsechumps...f u ck you...live with the mess you made, and no money to throw at it. Good luck getting rid of the players that are surplus to finance your next transfer.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 20-06-2020, 02:02 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
And we didn't do a particularly great job of that.

That being said we made more of a hash of swapping Brighty for Paul Williams.
It was Smith...He replaced him and then didn't play him half the time.

Getting relegated didn't help...post Oldham. Then getting relegated with Armstrong in the side and two semi final appearances. What a shit end of the season that was....up there with getting relegated having led in both of our last two games.

Worth a thread that... worst relegation...

Team of the 80's barely lasting the first year.

Oldham

2 semi finals

Charlton, Southampton and the WBA Bryan Robson Man U fix and Pompey walkover. (I think he was their manager?)

Old 20-06-2020, 08:06 AM

aashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
It was Smith...He replaced him and then didn't play him half the time.

Getting relegated didn't help...post Oldham. Then getting relegated with Armstrong in the side and two semi final appearances. What a shit end of the season that was....up there with getting relegated having led in both of our last two games.

Worth a thread that... worst relegation...

Team of the 80's barely lasting the first year.

Oldham

2 semi finals

Charlton, Southampton and the WBA Bryan Robson Man U fix and Pompey walkover. (I think he was their manager?)
Smith? Those transfers were before he took over.
Old 20-06-2020, 12:39 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Yes if you include replacing him with someone like Gabbiadini who ISTR was shite.

At the time it looked like a good signing. Incredibly hard to replace players as maverick as a Wright or a Zaha.
Old 24-06-2020, 12:37 PM
Probationary User

Grimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
sincerely hope Saha stays, always liable to come back and bite the hand that used to feed him.
Old 26-06-2020, 10:08 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Well actually he was.
Not so, we were in the running for shearer but Ron Nondescripts wouldn’t pay 3.25 million and ended up paying over the odds for a rotound Gabbidini ( 1.8 million) who was never gonna suit our style of play.
Old 27-06-2020, 07:57 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Not so, we were in the running for shearer but Ron Nondescripts wouldn’t pay 3.25 million and ended up paying over the odds for a rotound Gabbidini ( 1.8 million) who was never gonna suit our style of play.
I don't think that was the case. He would have paid the fee. Shearer did not want to come.
Old 29-06-2020, 11:32 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
**** it lets sell him and use the money to rebuild the rest of our ******* shit team. Our squad is so disappointing right now.
Old 29-06-2020, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Smith? Those transfers were before he took over.
Williams was certainly a player in Smith's squad in the Premiership.

Old 30-06-2020, 06:52 AM

aashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for youaashman12 is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Williams was certainly a player in Smith's squad in the Premiership.
Wasn't a Smith signing, he was part of the bright transfer to sheff weds
Old 30-06-2020, 06:57 AM

Palace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Gabbiadini wasn’t shite, he just wasn’t Wright
Old 30-06-2020, 09:59 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
**** it lets sell him and use the money to rebuild the rest of our ******* shit team. Our squad is so disappointing right now.
2 bad performances and suddenly we are shit. Not just you, loads of people are over reacting on here. Take stock of where we are, safe with about 10 games to do. We are a decent team. Two shit performances doesn't change that. It's football, you're gonna win some and lose some.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".