Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 29-10-2019, 04:30 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Right then chaps, hit me up with your fool proof, go to, uncomplicated stew and casserole recipes. I'm batch cooking at the moment as have a baby on the way next month and want to get the freezer well stocked with meals. I've already gone down the chilli, cottage pie and ragu route, so am now looking more at the stews etc. I have a slow cooker and casserole dish which can be utilised.

Speaking of casserole dishes, the cast iron Aldi ones which they release every now and then are meant to be really excellent for the price (less than £30!) but I've not been able to find one in store yet. Picked up a huge cast iron roasting dish for £20 though. If anyone finds an Aldi with any of the casserole dishes in let me know!
1 pck Venison sausages (2 packs for £4, morrisons) (pre grilledand then cut-up into segments)

Morrisons Frozen:
Sweetpotato cubes £1 (1/2 pack)
Red onion £1 (pre-fried)
Diced Onion £1 (pre-Fried)
Mediterranean Vegetables £1 (1pack)

Tomato puree or chopped tomatoes
Jalapenos
Throw some cumin and mustard seeds into the pan with the onions.
Schwatrz - Sausage casserole powder (but you can do almost anything, incl stock)
300ml of boiling water

Cook on high for 4 hours - bit runny? Throw in a handful of lentils to thicken it up. Made some last night and it's awesome. Added heat is great this time of year.

Simple and good base to start from.
Old 29-10-2019, 04:32 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Right then chaps, hit me up with your fool proof, go to, uncomplicated stew and casserole recipes. I'm batch cooking at the moment as have a baby on the way next month and want to get the freezer well stocked with meals. I've already gone down the chilli, cottage pie and ragu route, so am now looking more at the stews etc. I have a slow cooker and casserole dish which can be utilised.

Speaking of casserole dishes, the cast iron Aldi ones which they release every now and then are meant to be really excellent for the price (less than £30!) but I've not been able to find one in store yet. Picked up a huge cast iron roasting dish for £20 though. If anyone finds an Aldi with any of the casserole dishes in let me know!
All stew recipes are foolproof really, I would probably start with a beef based one.

Flour and season meat (a cheap cut, if you are going for beef then try chuck or shin) then brown it off. Remove meat from pan and sweat off some veg, I always use celery, carrot and leek along with anything that needs using up. Return meat to the pot, add stock and wine or beer plus anything else you fancy chucking in there.

Tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, Worcester sauce, marmite, fish sauce, soy sauce, black treacle, tinned pulses, herbs pretty much anything can be chucked in there. Bring it to the boil then turn the heat down to the lowest simmer and leave it stewing away until it is ready (chuck will take about 90 minutes to two hours, shin a bit longer), it’s ready once the meat is very tender. Oven or hob, doesn’t make too much difference, I normally use the hob unless I have got the oven on for something else. Lid on or off depending how much you want to thicken up the sauce.

Serve with dumplings and something green.

Congratulations on your forthcoming arrival Simon, best wishes to you and your other half.

Last edited by Smoz; 29-10-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 29-10-2019, 07:22 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Coq au vin for me tonight (sort of). Chicken thighs and drumsticks, bacon, chorizo, shallots, tomatoes, red wine and herbs. Chucked in a can of lentils to bulk it out.

Last edited by Smoz; 29-10-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 30-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
1 pck Venison sausages (2 packs for £4, morrisons) (pre grilledand then cut-up into segments)

Morrisons Frozen:
Sweetpotato cubes £1 (1/2 pack)
Red onion £1 (pre-fried)
Diced Onion £1 (pre-Fried)
Mediterranean Vegetables £1 (1pack)

Tomato puree or chopped tomatoes
Jalapenos
Throw some cumin and mustard seeds into the pan with the onions.
Schwatrz - Sausage casserole powder (but you can do almost anything, incl stock)
300ml of boiling water

Cook on high for 4 hours - bit runny? Throw in a handful of lentils to thicken it up. Made some last night and it's awesome. Added heat is great this time of year.

Simple and good base to start from.
Cheers mate

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 30-10-2019, 12:23 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
All stew recipes are foolproof really, I would probably start with a beef based one.

Flour and season meat (a cheap cut, if you are going for beef then try chuck or shin) then brown it off. Remove meat from pan and sweat off some veg, I always use celery, carrot and leek along with anything that needs using up. Return meat to the pot, add stock and wine or beer plus anything else you fancy chucking in there.

Tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, Worcester sauce, marmite, fish sauce, soy sauce, black treacle, tinned pulses, herbs pretty much anything can be chucked in there. Bring it to the boil then turn the heat down to the lowest simmer and leave it stewing away until it is ready (chuck will take about 90 minutes to two hours, shin a bit longer), it’s ready once the meat is very tender. Oven or hob, doesn’t make too much difference, I normally use the hob unless I have got the oven on for something else. Lid on or off depending how much you want to thicken up the sauce.

Serve with dumplings and something green.

Congratulations on your forthcoming arrival Simon, best wishes to you and your other half.
Thanks very much mate, appreciated.

Old 30-10-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Coq au vin for me tonight (sort of). Chicken thighs and drumsticks, bacon, chorizo, shallots, tomatoes, red wine and herbs. Chucked in a can of lentils to bulk it out.
How was it?

Old 30-10-2019, 01:10 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Pretty good, got the rest of it for dinner tonight, stews are alway better once they have been left overnight and reheated.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Stoofvlees again tonight, this time in a slow cooker. Mix of chuck and cheek. Using a better beer (Westmalle Dubbel) and adding some Redcurrant Jelly in place of loonse stroop.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:29 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Making slow.cooked.Moroccan beef stew today...do you want pics?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:01 AM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
As long as they're not of you shaving somebody's testicles then post away.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Are you in them?

Old 03-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Were the full stops to add dramatic effect ?
Old 03-11-2019, 10:16 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle View Post
As long as they're not of you shaving somebody's testicles then post away.
Damn...
Quote:
Are you in them?
Maybe.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Were the full stops to add dramatic effect ?
........could be.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:05 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
What's happened to Monkoid? Haven't seen anything of him in a long time, somewhat concerning. Used to enjoy his devoted contributions to the cooking threads.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
What's happened to Monkoid? Haven't seen anything of him in a long time, somewhat concerning. Used to enjoy his devoted contributions to the cooking threads.
He's all good, just don't think he comes on here much any more. Rest assured he's still grilling, smoking and roasting up a storm.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:48 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Quote:
He's all good, just don't think he comes on here much any more. Rest assured he's still grilling, smoking and roasting up a storm.
He still gets to most home games, he sits a couple of rows in front of me at the front of the upper Holmesdale.