Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Academy & Development

Notices

Academy & Development The Crystal Palace Academy and player development

Old 25-02-2024, 03:15 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Sounds as if Tayo probably had his best game for RWDM today. whoscored have given him a MOM rating of 7.6. These are sometimes adjusted later but he must have done well.
That cannot be correct as he was subbed off after only 26 mins.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Take that back, maybe it was number 26!

Last edited by AJ; 25-02-2024 at 03:18 PM.
Old 25-02-2024, 03:31 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
From the couple games I have seen that Mola has played in. Burton have played an incredibly defensive game. In one of the games the stats showed that Burton had around 15% possession by half time. It doesn’t surprise me that he hasn’t had that many shots and I don’t think that can solely be attributed to Mola.
In the 4 games he's started they've had 13, 13, 8 and 16 shots.

I'd be expecting him to be having more than 3 shots regardless of the setup.

Either way, it seems he's probably contributing with his holdup as he keeps being picked I was just highlighting the difference in the levels.
Old 25-02-2024, 03:44 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Sounds as if Tayo probably had his best game for RWDM today. whoscored have given him a MOM rating of 7.6. These are sometimes adjusted later but he must have done well.
Appears they switched to a back 3 so that might have helped him.
Old 25-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is here
(25.2.24) CPFC Loanees Out
Players go out on loan for all sorts of reasons, but primarily for more experience / game time - I primarily do not comment on the players but concentrate on the minutes played if any and let those more knowledgeable give more informed thoughts.
Hopefully I have captured all our current loans after the Winter transfer window

Killian Phillips (Mid, 21) - Aberdeen (Scottish Premier)
Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen - Killian was an un-played sub

Malachi Boateng - (Holding midfielder, 21) Dundee (Scottish Premiership)
Hibs 2 - 1 Dundee - Mal came on a a 67th min sub

Ademola Ola-Adebomi (Striker, 20) Burton Albion (League 1)
Burton Albion 0 - 2 Northampton - Mola started and played 57 mins, when the manager made x4 subs.

Sean Grehan - (Centre Back, 20) Carlisle (League 1)
Bristol Rovers 2 - 1 Carlisle Utd - Sean was an un-played sub

Owen Goodman (GK, 19) - Colchester (League 2)
Sutton 1- 1 Colchester Utd - another full game for Owen and a PENALTY SAVE !!
To view the link you have to Register or Login (Colchester are in blue & white stripes) Some shocking defending, a wonderful goal-line clearance to save Owen's blushes and great away fans celebrations

JK Gordon (Striker, 20) - Wimbledon (League 2)
Doncaster Rovers 1 - 0 Wimbledon - JK a 79th min sub

Kofi Balmer (Cen. Defender, 23) - Wimbledon (League 2)
Kofi - still out injured after last week's game

Tayo Adaramola - (Full back, 20) RWDM (Belgian Pro (premier) League)
RWDM 1 - 1 Oud Heverlee Leuven - Tayo started & subbed off on 77 mins

Malcolm Ebiowei (striker, 20) RWDM
RWDM 1 - 1 Oud heverlss Leuven - an unplayed sub

Scott Banks (winger, 21) - St. Pauli (Bundesliga League 2)
An ACL injury means a long lay off for Scott. He only made 3 appearances before the injury, I am not sure if he will be fit before the end of the season but hope so

Kelvin Agho - (Left Back, 19) FC Vozdovac (Serbian Premier League)
Not sure what is going on here. Kelvin came from Nigeria c/o John Textor and spent last year at a Slovak club, presumably in their youth set up, as he did not appear. Now he has gone off to Serbia and yet to appear in a match day squad.
Old 25-02-2024, 04:07 PM

Palace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is here
Goodman and probably Tayo aside, it has not been a good week for our loanees.

Ebiowei has joined RWDM and has got barely any game time, similarly to Grehan at Carlisle. They may well be considered not good enough by their managers. However, I was expecting Phillips to get a start or 2 after a couple of good cameos that I saw him in.
Old 25-02-2024, 04:22 PM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteve in Phoenix came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
In the 4 games he's started they've had 13, 13, 8 and 16 shots.

I'd be expecting him to be having more than 3 shots regardless of the setup.

Either way, it seems he's probably contributing with his holdup as he keeps being picked I was just highlighting the difference in the levels.
He's never been one to have a lot of shots though.

I've been impressed he's been picked to start every game so far. They brought in Hugill (Man Utd) and Hudlin (a giant) on loan too so there's a lot of competition for places.

I watched a game recently and his game translated well to the pro leagues. His positioning and hold-up play was excellent and he worked well with Mason Bennett (ex Derby wonder kid). He already looks comfortable at that level which surprised me. Looking forwards to catching another game soon.
Old 25-02-2024, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Phoenix View Post
He's never been one to have a lot of shots though.

I've been impressed he's been picked to start every game so far. They brought in Hugill (Man Utd) and Hudlin (a giant) on loan too so there's a lot of competition for places.

I watched a game recently and his game translated well to the pro leagues. His positioning and hold-up play was excellent and he worked well with Mason Bennett (ex Derby wonder kid). He already looks comfortable at that level which surprised me. Looking forwards to catching another game soon.
He'd scored 8 in 11 starts in Premier League 2 and the EFL trophy and hasn't really had much of a chance to score in 4 games for Burton so far.

I wasn't trying to say he was doing badly, just I think it illustrates the gap between the levels.
Old 26-02-2024, 01:07 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
That cannot be correct as he was subbed off after only 26 mins.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Take that back, maybe it was number 26!
He played 75 mins. It gained him his highest rating so far on whoscored of 7.5. Ratings were adjusted post match and the RWB rating was also increased to 7.5 but he got the ‘star player rating’.

Not sure if anyone watched the match but would be interested to know why he was taken off and how he looked. He played 90 mins in the previous match but in the 4-0 home loss to Antwerp he was subbed on 45 mins along with 3 others when the score was 3-0.
Old 27-02-2024, 08:48 PM

Palace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is here
Tonight...

Burton vs Carlisle - Mola starts for Burton and Grehan remains on the bench for Carlisle

Goodman starts for Colchester against Salford.
Old 27-02-2024, 10:03 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Colchester are losing at the moment. They seem unable to win games despite a few points recently.

Sutton don't like winning any games either but Forest Green have won a couple recently. Colchester are at risk of being dragged into the real brown stuff if they don't improve their results.

Edit: Colchester's late equaliser tonight and Wrexham's very late equaliser at FGR, keeps them with a bit of a cushion.

But Sutton finally won a game!

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 27-02-2024 at 10:59 PM.
Old 27-02-2024, 11:08 PM

I watched the Burton game. Mola got the whole game.

I wasn't particularly impressed, with Burton or Mola. Mola seemed to stand on the last defender and never dropped in to receive the ball, whether that was a manager decision or not, I'm not sure. Mola was constantly chasing lost balls all game, he got involved in a couple of key moments, probably the only 2 of the game to be fair... he blazed the ball over the bar with a header in the six yard box that he really should have scored, and then he nearly got an assist that the shooting player should have scored too.

Hugill looked far better when he came on towards the end, in my opinion.

Grehan got no minutes, again. Seems a wasted loan so far, when he could be getting minutes at U21, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Old 28-02-2024, 07:25 PM

Dundee away at Celtic tonight. Aberdeen at home to St. Johnstone.

However if recent games are anything to go by, Boateng and Phillips will be on the bench.
Old 28-02-2024, 09:04 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Phillips on the bench, Boateng starts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 28-02-2024, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Phillips on the bench, Boateng starts
Dundee down 4-0 in 30 minutes. They're looking utterly dreadful defensively.

Boateng not really in the game at all.
Old 28-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
Dundee down 4-0 in 30 minutes. They're looking utterly dreadful defensively.

Boateng not really in the game at all.
Baptism of fire for Mal. Must be a hard league to develop consistency.

One week League 2 standard, the next week top level of the Championship.
Old 28-02-2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaljim View Post
Baptism of fire for Mal. Must be a hard league to develop consistency.

One week League 2 standard, the next week top level of the Championship.
Bit more than a baptism of fire. At HT it was 6-0 to Celtic. On track for a record breaking defeat for them, fans are doing their nut on their forum and I don't blame them!

Boateng quite rightly taken off at half time, I don't think he ever broke out of a light jog. One of my previous criticisms was that he lacked any kind or urgency in midfield, and as shown it gets punished at a higher level.