Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:59 PM

Location: Was born in dulwich now live in Castleford , yorkshire
kirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekirtoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why would anyone critisze Damo, total warrior of a defender, that celebration in the playoff final, total commitment to the club, not the best but Whois, like Thomas n aka a full on blood place player����
Old 10-05-2018, 12:11 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
I’d be surprised if that were true.
Can't help thinking that there might be a bit of creating a narrative going on with this rumour. "Club legend calls time on his career as he realises it's time to do something else" is such a better way for his career with us to be seen to end than "club legend gets dumped as he's clearly finished at this level". It allows the player to be seen as leaving on his own terms and in a way that respects the club, and it costs the club nothing to allow the player to leave with a bit of dignity.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:15 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Worth re-watching. Love you Damo.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
I'll never forget that scene, shortly after the final whistle in the Play-Off Final, and picked up by a TV camera. He had come off the pitch and gone into the tunnel, where he crouched down, and leaned against the wall shaking his head in disbelief. He was clearly in disbelief about what had happened to him in those few months between his contract not being renewed at Ipswich, him eventually being picked up by bottom-of-the-table Palace, and now being promoted to the Premier League.

I'd much rather remember him for that magical moment, and other heroic games he played for us, than embarrassing performances we would doubtless see if he carried on playing at this level.
Great memories. This was possibly the defining moment of the play off final, for me.

If Damo does retire this summer, I'd love to see the club put on a testimonial. I know they're usually reserved for one-club players or somebody who's been at a club for a decade, but Damo deserves one. His story mirrors our own revival in recent years, and he's been a huge part of building a more positive and collective club culture.

However, I doubt he'd appreciate the fuss.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:17 AM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Great memories. This was possibly the defining moment of the play off final, for me.

If Damo does retire this summer, I'd love to see the club put on a testimonial. I know they're usually reserved for one-club players or somebody who's been at a club for a decade, but Damo deserves one. His story mirrors our own revival in recent years, and he's been a huge part of building a more positive and collective club culture.

However, I doubt he'd appreciate the fuss.
I will never forget contribution from Damo, but why on earth should be get a testimonial? He must be thanking his lucky stars he was persuaded to sign for Palace after the Ipswich disaster. He does not need a further boost to his pension pot. Sorry if unsentimental
Old 10-05-2018, 10:35 AM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
A fantastic presence for Palace on our journey from the depths of the championship. Loved his goal in our away day 2-1 victory at table topping Leicester when we were between managers.

Will be remembered as one of our best by me.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:30 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good luck to him. Has almost always given his best, which is not true of many.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
A Proper Palace player Damo's been. Up there with Aki for me.

Nothing but the best wishes for him and his future.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
I will never forget contribution from Damo, but why on earth should be get a testimonial? He must be thanking his lucky stars he was persuaded to sign for Palace after the Ipswich disaster. He does not need a further boost to his pension pot. Sorry if unsentimental
Testimonials generally give the money to charity these days, don't they?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 10-05-2018, 12:45 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
All the best damo and thank you . You are ,with a select few players ,one of the reasons we are where we are . That play off moment bought a lump to the throat and I wish you well whatever you do next .
Old 10-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
All the best and thanks for the memories Damo!

Lauren_of_Hove will be distraught.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:03 PM

Sydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great servant - his performance in the play off final was one of the best I've ever seen from a Palace defender and will always think of him scoring the first in the 3-3 v the Scousers
Old 10-05-2018, 01:08 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
A proper man, a proper warrior and a Palace hero. He deserves to leave on his own terms. Good luck to him with whatever he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 10-05-2018, 01:09 PM

Speporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
He would not get any extra personal money for a testimonial... It all goes to charity. So why not?
Old 10-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
Great servant - his performance in the play off final was one of the best I've ever seen from a Palace defender and will always think of him scoring the first in the 3-3 v the Scousers

Old 10-05-2018, 01:17 PM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speporoni View Post
He would not get any extra personal money for a testimonial... It all goes to charity. So why not?
Because testimonials should be saved for long serving legends like Jules so they keep their meaning. Damo has been great for us but so have dozens of other players over the years
Old 10-05-2018, 01:34 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Thank you and all the best DDD (Damien Delaney Diagonal)
Old 10-05-2018, 01:38 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
A Proper Palace player Damo's been. Up there with Aki for me.

Nothing but the best wishes for him and his future.
Yep
Old 10-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
A proper man, a proper warrior and a Palace hero. He deserves to leave on his own terms. Good luck to him with whatever he does.
Agree 100%.

Cricket wanker.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:50 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Testimonials generally give the money to charity these days, don't they?
Maybe Palace ought to do a charity match once a season, would be good?