Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-01-2022, 01:41 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
County Cricket 2022

Yeah, let's go again!

Fixtures out today. CC back to 2 Divisions, with Yorks currently assigned to Div 1 pending the ongoing investigation

Div 1 (10) : Essex, Glocs, Hants, Kent, Lancs, Northants, Somerset, Surrey, Warks, Yorks

Div 2 (8) : Durham, Derbys, Glamorgan, Leics, Middx, Notts, Sussex, Worcs

To view the link you have to Register or Login

There is more red ball cricket in June & July compared to last year but we still have just 5/14 CC games played in the summer months of June (2), July (3) & August (0) compared to 7/14 in April (4) & September (3).....
Old 20-01-2022, 01:59 PM

desperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is here
Three CC games being played in the summer!

Surrey play Kent at the end of June and Essex and Warwickshire in July, we will be able to watch CC cricket without wearing gloves and scarves
It is five!
Old 20-01-2022, 02:07 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado View Post
Three CC games being played in the summer!

Surrey play Kent at the end of June and Essex and Warwickshire in July, we will be able to watch CC cricket without wearing gloves and scarves
Indeed. Just bring a brolly though, eh?
Old 20-01-2022, 02:29 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
So very briefly:

April to Mid-May: County Championship
Late May to Early July with the odd 4-Day game sprinkled in is T20
Mid July to End of July: County Championship
T20 Finals - Mid July
August to Mid-September: 50 Over Competition
September - County Championship

England have test matches vs. New Zealand in June with three ODI's away in Holland thrown in too. A one-off test against India at the beginning of July then T20's and ODI's before ODI's and T20s against South Africa with their season ending with tests against South Africa in August and September.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 20-01-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
So very briefly:

April to Mid-May: County Championship
Late May to Early July with the odd 4-Day game sprinkled in is T20
Mid July to End of July: County Championship
T20 Finals - Mid July
August to Mid-September: 50 Over Competition
September - County Championship

England have test matches vs. New Zealand in June with three ODI's away in Holland thrown in too. A one-off test against India at the beginning of July then T20's and ODI's before ODI's and T20s against South Africa with their season ending with tests against South Africa in August and September.
Yeah, T20 Finals Day is 16th July (I have 20 tickets) so I guess The Hundred will again be pitched directly against the 50 Over tournament.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:17 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
It does look a bit better this year. My frustration is that Kent won't be playing any T20s in Beckenham and I don't know why as they were getting good crowds (they were not having any under the original 2020 fixture list either). It also seems odd to build a stand and not use it for games where it would be a big attendance. The other annoying part is that five of the seven home games are in the evening where the last train will likely leave before the game ends.

I will do a few days of the four day game against Surrey in Beckenham. The main decision I have is if I go to the Villa game or the last day.

I think The Hundred will begin after the Commonwealth Games. They will not want the two events on at the same time as it would mean the best players are not available for all the women's competition.
Old 21-01-2022, 12:12 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Vikram Solanki has departed Surrey to go to the IPL

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 21-01-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
Vikram Solanki has departed Surrey to go to the IPL
You can almost picture it - Stewie going through all the classifieds & circling any job that Solanki could do.

'Here's a job that might suit you, Vik'
'What about this one, Vik?'
'Here Vik, this one sounds right up your alley'

Old 21-01-2022, 03:47 PM

Meanwhile, the Leics CEO says there should be more Counties, not fewer...

Well, he would say that, wouldn't he?

Old 21-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Meanwhile, the Leics CEO says there should be more Counties, not fewer...

Well, he would say that, wouldn't he?

I agree with him, though.

Bring in some of the minor counties and, yes, they'll start off in the bottom division, but then so did Durham (before they started playing fast and loose over the money).
Old 21-01-2022, 04:22 PM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally, I think less is more, but not scrapping the number of teams, they should scrap the two-division system and introduce, say, a four-division+ system, including minor counties, with one up, one down, including relegation and promotion between the third tier and 'minor' forth tier, to keep teams battling at the bottom and give an incentive to the minor counties coming up. So 6,6,6 in the 'first-class' (plus then 4, 4, 4 minor counties etc,), each first-class side playing ten CC games a season. If the first-class counties aren't good enough, so be it. Doesn't seem to affect Australia too much having 6 state teams in the domestic structure.

Play CC games May, June, July, August around the limited-overs games, play the OD cup at the start of the season, T20 in a block at the end in September, with international contracted players appearing after the international summer has ended. Merge the Hundred back into the T20 (although that horse has bolted).
Old 21-01-2022, 04:23 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yeah, T20 Finals Day is 16th July (I have 20 tickets) so I guess The Hundred will again be pitched directly against the 50 Over tournament.
Only 20? Your mates are getting less every year.
How much have Surrey debited you for your membership this month.?
Old 21-01-2022, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I agree with him, though.

Bring in some of the minor counties and, yes, they'll start off in the bottom division, but then so did Durham (before they started playing fast and loose over the money).
I donít solely blame Durham for what happened there. The ECB completely stitched up over international cricket.

But to your main point - our county players are not going to get ready for Test cricket by playing Devon, Shropshire & Lincolnshire. And the game simply canít financially support 20 counties.
Old 21-01-2022, 04:25 PM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surrey membership is just over £200 this year (well, mine is anyway - paying just over £50 per month in 4x monthly payments)
Old 21-01-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
Only 20? Your mates are getting less every year.
How much have Surrey debited you for your membership this month.?
Ha! Originally, I could only buy 10 tix for T20 Finals Day. I had to beg them for another 10. And itís a Group game at the Oval where thereís normally a proper big group of us - Iím about to send the e-mail out for that one
Old 21-01-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Surrey membership is just over £200 this year (well, mine is anyway - paying just over £50 per month in 4x monthly payments)
Yeah, my County membership was £201. I think thereís about £30 of beer/food credit on the membership card, too.
Old 21-01-2022, 04:35 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yeah, my County membership was £201. I think thereís about £30 of beer/food credit on the membership card, too.
Yes I got debited with that. I have still got half the booze credit from last year on the card. I expect that has gone to a good charity.
Old 22-01-2022, 12:30 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
Yes I got debited with that. I have still got half the booze credit from last year on the card. I expect that has gone to a good charity.
I would have expected watching that shower to have driven you to drink Andy .
Old 27-01-2022, 04:55 PM

Batty appointed Surrey interim head coach for 2022.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:54 PM

Done well for Surrey last year. Thought he would get a deal with us.