Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-02-2021, 08:54 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
I think I saw that flying on Mars is the equivalent of a helicopter flying at 70000ft on Earth.
Whatever, it is significantly more difficult.

EDIT, 100,000ft !!
I digress.... but I was watching the show about these guys that repossess airplanes.

They picked up a small prop plane and had to fly it over some mountains somewhere in the US (obviously I wasn't paying much attention!). Anyway, they couldn't get enough lift, so had to find a long way around.

I might also be getting my Discovery/History/TLC shows mixed up.
Old 18-02-2021, 08:56 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think I saw that flying on Mars is the equivalent of a helicopter flying at 70000ft on Earth.
Whatever, it is significantly more difficult.

EDIT, 100,000ft !!
A helicopter on earth rotates it’s blades at around 500 rpm. Ingenuity’s blades will be rotating at around 25,000rpm
Old 18-02-2021, 09:00 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I digress.... but I was watching the show about these guys that repossess airplanes.

They picked up a small prop plane and had to fly it over some mountains somewhere in the US (obviously I wasn't paying much attention!). Anyway, they couldn't get enough lift, so had to find a long way around.

If anyone has landed in Mexico City or (my highest landing) Quito in Ecuador will have noticed the far heavier landing “thump” because of the thinner atmosphere
Old 18-02-2021, 09:02 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Gordon’s alive?
Old 18-02-2021, 09:08 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
A helicopter on earth rotates it’s blades at around 500 rpm. Ingenuity’s blades will be rotating at around 25,000rpm
Two or three times faster than a standard earthbound drone/quadcopter. I've lost two blades at the lower speed but as long NASA don't buy their props from Aliexpress then they should be okay.
Old 18-02-2021, 09:11 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
If anyone has landed in Mexico City or (my highest landing) Quito in Ecuador will have noticed the far heavier landing “thump” because of the thinner atmosphere
Landed in Denver a few times (mile high), and they've been pretty rough, but once was incredibly windy, and the other was in 18" of snow, so not sure what was to blame.

Also it was Southwest, and their pilots fly like cowboys anyway!
Old 18-02-2021, 09:17 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
With the transmission time difference between Earth and Mars I would have thought it near impossible to control the drone over such a short flight time? I take it Ingenuity will have pre-programmed flight plans mapped out?
Old 18-02-2021, 09:38 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
With the transmission time difference between Earth and Mars I would have thought it near impossible to control the drone over such a short flight time? I take it Ingenuity will have pre-programmed flight plans mapped out?
Something like that, yes.
It’s definitely not in any way remote controlled.
It has onboard accelerometer, gyros, camera, inclinometer and altimeter to fly itself with.
Old 19-02-2021, 02:43 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Is there Covid on Mars?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 19-02-2021, 03:15 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Something like that, yes.
It’s definitely not in any way remote controlled.
It has onboard accelerometer, gyros, camera, inclinometer and altimeter to fly itself with.
Are you sure you just had a career in container shipping?

I get the impression that was just a front for something more sinister!
Old 19-02-2021, 03:49 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I am not sure if the missus was less than impressed or amazed with the nano-technology when she remarked it weighed just a kilogram.

I pointed out it was 1,000 kilograms and was about the size of a car.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 19-02-2021, 06:39 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
I always thought the sound of thump was the best sound landing in Mexico City or the old Quito airport
Old 19-02-2021, 06:39 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:

I agree
Old 19-02-2021, 06:43 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Ooh, what's that called?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 19-02-2021, 06:45 AM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When alien come?
Old 19-02-2021, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Yeah will be watching - its live on TV over here as allot of local interest as Danes have been involved on 4 of the camera parts on the rover (apparently supported by the To view the link you have to Register or Login)

Only 40% success chance isn't it? Lets hope for the best
I’ve just driven past the Airbus site where the European equivalent of this rover, the ExoMars, has been developed and built.

It’s looking rather forlorn and left out.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 19-02-2021, 07:11 AM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Is there Covid on Mars?
Yes, and it’s rampant. That’s why we didn't send any people.
Old 19-02-2021, 07:12 AM

yorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Is there Covid on Mars?
there is now

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 19-02-2021, 10:24 AM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:

Shhhhhh!
Old 19-02-2021, 04:01 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Ooh, what's that called?
Airplane Repo and is on Discovery here.

After taking a deeper look, it maybe a few years old, and there is also some debate as to it's authenticity.

To view the link you have to Register or Login