Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-10-2019, 05:34 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Banned?! This afternoon!?! Damn!!

I wish someone had told me yesterday, would’ve got ten years worth out in an evening on mine if I’d known.

The reality is my four year old doesn’t need the law....if I ever laid a finger on her she’d bite and scratch the feck out of me....that after Mrs Bubbs has clobbered me a few times with a rolling pin. Scottish women are not to be messed with.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 03-10-2019, 07:30 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Banned?! This afternoon!?! Damn!!

I wish someone had told me yesterday, would’ve got ten years worth out in an evening on mine if I’d known.

The reality is my four year old doesn’t need the law....if I ever laid a finger on her she’d bite and scratch the feck out of me....that after Mrs Bubbs has clobbered me a few times with a rolling pin. Scottish women are not to be messed with.

All kids go through stages I think of lashing out in frustration. We’ve had biting and scratching in the last couple of years. My four year old has just started school and the current fad is kicking out when she doesn’t get her way, to which I reply with a “don’t do that, only donkey’s kick”. She now repeats it to me before I have a chance to say it now but it seems to work as she’s stopped.

Kids know how to ‘press your buttons’ but ultimately they learn from you. If you show acts of violence, they too think that it’s okay to do so (IMO anyway).
Old 03-10-2019, 07:42 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Smacking children is OK if you're middle-class, in which case it's part of a loving intercourse between reluctant parent and wayward child. Working-class parents mostly do it because they enjoy it.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is a world of difference between an out of control parent thumping their child in anger compared to parents making an example by occasionally rapping the child mildly on the back of the legs or bare bottom
Old 03-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Smacking children is OK if you're middle-class, in which case it's part of a loving intercourse between reluctant parent and wayward child. Working-class parents mostly do it because they enjoy it.
Interesting...….You've always come across to me as a working class kind of bloke...
Old 03-10-2019, 08:57 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
There is a world of difference between an out of control parent thumping their child in anger compared to parents making an example by occasionally rapping the child mildly on the back of the legs or bare bottom
It’s really just a normal thing in lots of places that kids accept, and dare I say parents do without really being ‘out of control’. My girlfriends from one of the less developed provinces of China, her and everyone she knew got smacked or spanked by their parents. Same for friends I have from Antigua, Chile and Nigeria.

Completely unacceptable obviously, but if we want to change this then we do need to face the reality that it’s not just a load of rogue psycho parents, it’s a culturally and socially accepted norm in many places.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 03-10-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:24 PM
looking at things

cross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Common sense should prevail. There’s no need to criminalise this.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
It’s really just a normal thing in lots of places that kids accept, and dare I say parents do without really being ‘out of control’. My girlfriends from one of the less developed provinces of China, her and everyone she knew got smacked or spanked by their parents. Same for friends I have from Antigua, Chile and Nigeria.

Completely unacceptable obviously, but if we want to change this then we do need to face the reality that it’s not just a load of rogue psycho parents, it’s a culturally and socially accepted norm in many places.
I am saying that the odd smack on the backside may well be acceptable, whether it is a culturally and socially accepted practice or not, and certainly should not be automatically punishable in law
Old 03-10-2019, 10:38 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_eyed_ed View Post
Common sense should prevail. There’s no need to criminalise this.
Agreed, as Chateau said there are existing laws to deal with assault
Old 04-10-2019, 05:03 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bare bottom ??
Old 04-10-2019, 05:06 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Interesting...….You've always come across to me as a working class kind of bloke...
I think you need a whoosh.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Spanking should only be lawful among consenting adults
Old 04-10-2019, 08:42 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
I think you need a whoosh.
Hah, its possible .........but Salad is not known for his sparkling wit and sarcastic repartee
Old 04-10-2019, 09:32 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
No Trainspotting 3 then.
It took me over 24 hours to get this but - YAY Good Skillz
Old 04-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Our pubs will never recover from a smacking ban.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:51 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
It took me over 24 hours to get this but - YAY Good Skillz
Old 04-10-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Hah, its possible .........but Salad is not known for his sparkling wit and sarcastic repartee
He has his moments.