Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-12-2021, 06:59 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
After some research last night on various sites and finding out where my nearest drop in centre was I chanced it and went.!st jab astra zenica tick,2nd jab Astra Zenica tick,booster to be something different Pfizer available tick.At the door produces my NHS Jab certificate.I`m met with 2 staff blocking the door and a burly security guard.You`re too early mate says one.I`m due on 10th December for my six months I said,8 days early.Nothing we can do mate you`re too early,but Savid Javed said 3 months says I,nothing we can do mate you`re too early,but he dragged a Sky reporter into a centre too early live on TV says I,nothing I can do mate you`re too early.Well do you know what f**k your booster,f**k your government and now f**k your NHS advert.I`m not wasting any more of my time and petrol.I hope I don`t get it but if I do and I`m hospitalised I hope it costs you thousands.
That'll show them.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:13 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
That'll show them.
"Who'll have the last laugh if I'm hospitalised? Eh? Eh?"
Old 02-12-2021, 07:18 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
That'll show them.
I`m past caring.I`ve followed every guideline from this f**k up of a government from day 1 and I`ve had enough.LUL have announced free travel will be cancelled this year,ooops that`ll cost Boris the clowns Xmas party guests,Oh sorry I forgot, millionaires like Savid will use their anti cop26 anti green Limo`s.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
After some research last night on various sites and finding out where my nearest drop in centre was I chanced it and went.!st jab astra zenica tick,2nd jab Astra Zenica tick,booster to be something different Pfizer available tick.At the door produces my NHS Jab certificate.I`m met with 2 staff blocking the door and a burly security guard.You`re too early mate says one.I`m due on 10th December for my six months I said,8 days early.Nothing we can do mate you`re too early,but Savid Javed said 3 months says I,nothing we can do mate you`re too early,but he dragged a Sky reporter into a centre too early live on TV says I,nothing I can do mate you`re too early.Well do you know what f**k your booster,f**k your government and now f**k your NHS advert.I`m not wasting any more of my time and petrol.I hope I don`t get it but if I do and I`m hospitalised I hope it costs you thousands.
You hope it costs the general public thousands because you were slightly put out?
Old 02-12-2021, 08:23 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm sure government funding can stretch to a trolley in a nice south-facing corridor.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:15 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
Apparently Germany are going to ban unvaccinated people from shops and bars, unless they have recently recovered from Covid.

More and more European countries seem to be going down this type of route. Maybe the UK should ?

I have so little time for unvaccinated people (unless they have a very good medical reason) - beyond selfish IMO.
I just think this is a really simplistic interpretation. Chances are there’s loads of people out there now, double jabbed and unmasked, spreading the virus. People are entitled to make the choice about vaccinations, but everybody should be taking measures not to spread the virus, including the vaccinated.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:21 PM

Mr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

If we really are a democracy this should be on the front page of every newspaper and news website from now until Christmas.

Whilst the rest of us were locking down, missing loved ones at Christmas and, in my case, arguing on here about how these restrictions could be grossly abused by Governments and betraying Western ideals of freedom, our shower of sh*t government were hosting parties (rather proving my point). It's utterly disgraceful.

If they try and impose restrictions this Christmas, they can Foxtrot Oscar. I got jabbed at the first opportunity and continued to wear a mask in shops and on trains even when it wasn't compulsory (and will continue to do so) but I'm not having my freedoms restricted by these pathetic tyrants anymore.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:41 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post

If we really are a democracy this should be on the front page of every newspaper and news website from now until Christmas.

Whilst the rest of us were locking down, missing loved ones at Christmas and, in my case, arguing on here about how these restrictions could be grossly abused by Governments and betraying Western ideals of freedom, our shower of sh*t government were hosting parties (rather proving my point). It's utterly disgraceful.

If they try and impose restrictions this Christmas, they can Foxtrot Oscar. I got jabbed at the first opportunity and continued to wear a mask in shops and on trains even when it wasn't compulsory (and will continue to do so) but I'm not having my freedoms restricted by these pathetic tyrants anymore.
Agreed. Anyone who helped vote this duplicitous c*** into office should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:48 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
So you say you chanced it. You knew they has just changed the plans to bring it forward but it isn't ready. You took a chance. That's fine.

Why so angry the thing you knew wasn't ready and you might not get.... erm... wasn't ready and you didn't get?
Old 03-12-2021, 12:06 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:

I have to agree with this. The govt has no authority to dictate your choices.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:36 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:

Again. BBS seem to have missed my comment again.

Not frustrating at all being treated as an irrelevance because of my location, yet amazingly the first to comment on UK news

This site has become a waste of time. Only worthwhile when I want to waste some.

Not sure where you chaps get your news from..the big brother house or somesuch..this fans site can't even break Palace news in a timely fashion anymore. Too busy arguing the toss over Boris vs..... or Harry and Meghan.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:51 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
How does that work with obligatory vaccinations...and with restrictions until then for those that refuse them?

In Germany they will be putting this to parliament.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:07 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Of course it does. It sets legislation, which gives it the authority to dictate your choices. And if you deviate from the parameters of that legislation, you risk penalty.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:33 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Downing St Xmas party. 'Last Christmas we flouted the rules.....while treating the nation as a country of fools....this year we will do the same....because to us it's a big fecking game...'
Doesn’t quite scan, but a bloody good effort nonetheless.

Unfortunately now, every single post I read is in song.

Thanks Pierre
Old 03-12-2021, 07:49 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Again. BBS seem to have missed my comment again.

Not frustrating at all being treated as an irrelevance because of my location, yet amazingly the first to comment on UK news
Try the politics forum where it had already been talked about for a day and half.

Last edited by Reps AJ; 03-12-2021 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:50 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post

I have so little time for unvaccinated people (unless they have a very good medical reason) - beyond selfish IMO.
Agreed.

Where is that bloody list ?
Old 03-12-2021, 09:23 AM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought To view the link you have to Register or Loginwas quite interesting, it links to a study about Omicron reinfections. There seems to be an emerging consensus that Omicron is less transmissible than Delta but is much more likely to cause reinfections which goes someway to explain why it has grown so much in S Africa.

For me there are two big questions to answer:
- What do those reinfections look like, ie do you still have protection from severe illness or is your immune system back to square one (if the former this could explain the various headlines about it being a milder illness)
- How does immunity conferred by the vaccines compare to natural immunity
Old 03-12-2021, 09:41 AM
Climbing for dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
- How does immunity conferred by the vaccines compare to natural immunity
Saw a few things yesterday that suggested that natural infection did not give you as much protection as vaccination

One study showed those naturally infected who then had 2 doses of vaccine had a much stronger level of antibodies than those with natural infection alone.

We also know the boosters are giving very, very strong antibodies responses.

That is all relevant to what we're seeing in SA as they don't have a high vaccination rate, so it makes it difficult to gauge how it will behave in a heavily vaccinated/boosted environment
Old 03-12-2021, 09:44 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Got a fairly late train last night after being out on the town, was encouraging to see good mask compliance on it.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:47 AM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
That is all relevant to what we're seeing in SA as they don't have a high vaccination rate, so it makes it difficult to gauge how it will behave in a heavily vaccinated/boosted environment
Agree with all of this, I'm starting to feel a bit more confident that this won't change the dynamics much here.