Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-03-2019, 04:22 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Google Chrome will not open

I keep having an issue where the Google Chrome shortcut on my desk top (or from anywhere) will not open.

I found a fix via Google, but it keeps happening, and I have to go through the whole fix again.

Any ideas/comments/fixes?
Old 18-03-2019, 05:18 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Is the problem with the icon on the desktop or does it not open the Icons on the bottom taskbar or via the start menu? If the desktop icon does not open Chrome them right click on the desktop icon and select 'File Location' this will open the file folder where Chrome is kept and double clicking directly on 'Chrome' should open the application. When you are in the Chrome file folder click on file 'Chrome' to highlight it then right click on the file named 'Chrome' and it will give you an option of 'create shortcut' double click on this and it will create a shortcut in the folder. Hold down on the shortcut file and drag it onto the Desktop where it will make a direct shortcut to the Chrome 'exe' program.

Alternatively if the Chrome Icon is not responding at all type 'Chrome' into the search box and it will bring up 'Open file location' as an option for the found Chrome application.

Apart from that update Chrome as it may not be set to update automatically. Just reinstalling Chrome without uninstalling the previous version will update it without altering the settings.

Last edited by LN1; 18-03-2019 at 05:25 AM.
Old 18-03-2019, 02:55 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Thanks (Again!) LN1 - my go to computer oracle.

I had ruled out the shortcut being the problem, by basically doing what you suggested.

I found a fix online that works, but is a bit cumbersome and involves a series of commends via "Command Prompt".

I actually think it is a Chrome problem revolving around not being logged into a Google account. I've now logged in, so wait and see if it happens again.

Then again, it could be something my wife is doing! I did notice that when I've got back into it (3 times now) it comes up with a message about not shutting down correctly and restoring last page visited.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 AM

SmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Are you running Windows 10?