Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 28-11-2023, 09:08 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I do not remember this (not doubting you of course). I assume it wasn't from the likes of the NYT or WaPo?
I think he allowed the trump ballon to be flown or something and that caused a lot of bad press and he was seen as a villain.
Old 28-11-2023, 10:15 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Oh yes - that was a bit embarrassing tbf though. Doesn’t stop Trump being a cee but we’re supposed to be better than those ghastly colonials what what? Especially the jock/hun ones.
Old 28-11-2023, 10:39 PM

jcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
A colleague recently... went to the protests, said something pretty shitty about the Jews... seemed like he forgot where he was, and let the mask slip.

Jews warned us this shit was out there, lets be honest... we didn't think the problem was as bad as it is.
What did they say?
Old 28-11-2023, 10:41 PM

jcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Has none of you *really, honestly* been present when one of your friends, someone you thought you knew, or maybe someone you only know vaguely- but is very anti Israel and pro Palestinian- lets the mask slip and says something that makes you realise he really doesnít like jews?
Maybe Iíve just been really unlucky.
I hear plenty of anti-Zionism. Never any anti-Semitism though.
Old 28-11-2023, 10:48 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreedy View Post
I hear plenty of anti-Zionism. Never any anti-Semitism though.
I really don't know what Zionism or anti Zionism means. Is a Zionist just a jew we don't like?
Old 28-11-2023, 10:52 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I really don't know what Zionism or anti Zionism means. Is a Zionist just a jew we don't like?

I did wonder as that is so pre world war 2
Old 28-11-2023, 11:37 PM

Philipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
This is sort of the point I have made a couple of times. Anti zionists are against Israel. But most Israelis are jews and around half the jews in the world live in Israel (and want to live there). I can therefore see why a distinction between anti zionism and anti semitism is pretty marginal to many jews, particularly those who live in Israel.
Old 28-11-2023, 11:45 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
You are completely wrong/

I know that because I used to think the same and Friskey put me right. Israelis are not necessarily Zionists. I will leave this to him...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-11-2023, 11:50 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
So another set of hostages have released tonight. Unfortunately the 10 month old baby is not one of them According to some reports he is being held by another militant group within Gaza.
Which highlights the issue I discussed last night the issue of Hamas and removal of Hamas will leave a void being field by yet another terrorist group.
It would also seem that the hostages are being held only to offer protection to terrorists a commodity to be traded for prisoners and protection from the IDF forces in Gaza. With reports that some hostages have been traded amognst the terror groups within Gaza.
For the ceasefire to hold negotiations will have to begin first regarding male civilians and then the military hostages in Gaza. With a higher price of Israeli held prisoners to be released no doubt. Which may also be the case regarding the high value they will place on the baby.
There is only a sense of despair.
Old 29-11-2023, 12:22 AM
handwringing islamofacist

Clapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
Published simultaneously

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Anyone who talks about a "two-state solution" now is either completely ignorant of the reality of the situation or is basically lying through their teeth. It's been completely destroyed by the last 20-25 years of Israeli policy.

Which means the options now are either rinse and repeat what's happened for the last 25 years, the full genocide, or some kind of one-state peace. I can't see the latter as a political reality - although the far left (tiny, and unimportant) in Israel seem to be advocating for it.

The prospects don't look good to me.

Walter Benjamin
Old 29-11-2023, 12:32 AM

Philipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is herePhilipw Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post

I know that because I used to think the same and Friskey put me right. Israelis are not necessarily Zionists. I will leave this to him...
Will wait for the explanation. On the same basis (most israelis are jewish and half jews live in israel) does this also cover the anti isreal v anti jew distinction?
Old 29-11-2023, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapham Rover View Post
Anyone who talks about a "two-state solution" now is either completely ignorant of the reality of the situation or is basically lying through their teeth. It's been completely destroyed by the last 20-25 years of Israeli policy.

Which means the options now are either rinse and repeat what's happened for the last 25 years, the full genocide, or some kind of one-state peace. I can't see the latter as a political reality - although the far left (tiny, and unimportant) in Israel seem to be advocating for it.

The prospects don't look good to me.
another problem is that the Palestinians dont seem to want a 2 state solution either. I think this is the most recent poll, which shows only 24% of Palestinians seem to want one (not just a Biden led one). Its really hard to be optimistic of any solution.

Old 29-11-2023, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
This is sort of the point I have made a couple of times. Anti zionists are against Israel. But most Israelis are jews and around half the jews in the world live in Israel (and want to live there). I can therefore see why a distinction between anti zionism and anti semitism is pretty marginal to many jews, particularly those who live in Israel.
But many Jews completely reject the concept of Zionism, and/or the idea of literal God-given right to the land on which Israel was created.

This is one reason why the anti-Semitism accusations that are lazily aimed at those not willing to blindly accept Zionism are frustrating.

Last edited by jcreedy; 29-11-2023 at 01:10 AM.
Old 29-11-2023, 07:33 AM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post

I donít want to get into the Zionism chat again!

10 years has passed and the word has got even more confused. I do think itís used as short hand now by some on the left in this country to mean anti-Jew. I think itís hard to argue against that. Many people use it without even knowing what it means. Plus, as Iím sure youíll remember, it has many different strands.

When we had that chat people like Klinks were still using Nazi terminology to describe Israel so times have moved on. Being anti-Zionist was used as shorthand for being anti Israel aggression almost. Which I could kind of accept. I donít think itís so clear anymore. I think the shorthand now, that many use it for, is for no Jewish state or to be anti-Semitic.

Iím a firm believer in a Jewish state because the world have shown throughout history that Jews are not safe as a minority. People who say theyíre anti-Zionistís never answer the question on where Israeli Jews should goÖ..
Old 29-11-2023, 07:39 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
I People who say theyíre anti-Zionistís never answer the question on where Israeli Jews should goÖ..
Oh but they do

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1 View Post
what happened to the Madagascar idea? that wasn't a bad shout.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-11-2023, 07:43 AM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
I see more jeering and whistling as the hostages were handed over yesterday. At least it was not as physically aggressive this time. The locals were out to cheer their Hamas hero’s again. Clearly a minority despite the latest polls suggesting that most Palestinians think the original attack from Hamas was a good idea.

I do agree with H that the work the Red Cross do on the ground is remarkable though. I wouldn’t want to be the one picking them up.

Some of the stories coming out from the hostages are horrific as expected. The weaponising of the 10 month old hostage is also a new low. He is clearly purposely being kept to last for a bigger exchange deal. This is what Hamas are. Making kids watch videos of their family and friends being killed and holding a baby back as a bargaining chip. If anything this pause has made me believe more than ever that Israel have no option but to remove them.
Old 29-11-2023, 07:52 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
I see more jeering and whistling as the hostages were handed over yesterday. At least it was not as physically aggressive this time. The locals were out to cheer their Hamas heroís again. Clearly a minority despite the latest polls suggesting that most Palestinians think the original attack from Hamas was a good idea.

I do agree with H that the work the Red Cross do on the ground is remarkable though. I wouldnít want to be the one picking them up.

Some of the stories coming out from the hostages are horrific as expected. The weaponising of the 10 month old hostage is also a new low. He is clearly purposely being kept to last for a bigger exchange deal. This is what Hamas are. Making kids watch videos of their family and friends being killed and holding a baby back as a bargaining chip. If anything this pause has made me believe more than ever that Israel have no option but to remove them.
The Palestinians?
Old 29-11-2023, 07:53 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
The Palestinians?
Behave yourself
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-11-2023, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
The Palestinians?
Donít be stupid.
Old 29-11-2023, 08:00 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Behave yourself
Get over yourself FFS.

I asked merely for clarification. Friskey was talking about Israels political position on the matter, not his own opinion.