Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-11-2023, 02:03 PM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
The Wordle thread. I just don't get it. Like posting your daily golf score.
You get it
Old 27-11-2023, 06:09 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Who plays golf every day?

(Except maybe Golf Boy)
Old 27-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I don't know - couldn't' think of a better analogy. Darts score?

I'm sure Darts Boy will agree.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 27-11-2023, 07:02 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Who plays golf every day?

(Except maybe Golf Boy)
I hear some of the retired folks do that.
Old 27-11-2023, 10:02 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't know - couldn't' think of a better analogy. Darts score?

I'm sure Darts Boy will agree.
Although I fundamentally agree that posting on the Wordle thread everyday is a bit hmph it really is only about 7 or 8 regulars doing it, so out of however many thousand members this site has, it really is nothing more than a clique.

Personally find it a good indicator as to how hard it is going to be on any given day, as I come to it some 8 hours after the first few people have solved it on UK time. If everyone (all 7 or 8 of us) have done it in 3 or 4 lines I feel pressure to do likewise, adversely gives you a bit of a boost first thing in the morning if you can do it in 2 or 3 when the rest seem to have struggled a bit.

But as you say...

Edit: Upon review I believe there maybe 10 to 15 regular posters on the Wordle thread.
Old 28-11-2023, 09:28 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Things that make you say "who cares?" Thread coming soon.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-11-2023, 09:28 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Although I fundamentally agree that posting on the Wordle thread everyday is a bit hmph it really is only about 7 or 8 regulars doing it, so out of however many thousand members this site has, it really is nothing more than a clique.

Personally find it a good indicator as to how hard it is going to be on any given day, as I come to it some 8 hours after the first few people have solved it on UK time. If everyone (all 7 or 8 of us) have done it in 3 or 4 lines I feel pressure to do likewise, adversely gives you a bit of a boost first thing in the morning if you can do it in 2 or 3 when the rest seem to have struggled a bit.

But as you say...

Edit: Upon review I believe there maybe 10 to 15 regular posters on the Wordle thread.
Sounds annoying.

Old 28-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicaneagle View Post
TV shows that preview what is "coming up" at the start and then at the end for "next time on". Bake off, Repair Shop etc, I'm looking at you! Stop the spoilers
One would suggest that the exclamation mark implies an annoyance higher than the one flouncyhog wanted this thread to include.

Old 28-11-2023, 01:46 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
One would suggest that the exclamation mark implies an annoyance higher than the one flouncyhog wanted this thread to include.
I'm still amused that we got under his skin enough for him to start this alternative thread.

I'd suggest that HH needs to post our 'poking sticks' on the genuine thread rather than this fraud of a thread.
Old 28-11-2023, 01:48 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
TBF. It has lasted longer than the Candy Crush thread which only appeared because James discovered that smart phones had game apps on them.
Old 28-11-2023, 04:02 PM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have reviewed my annoyance level according to a number of criteria and the resulting score is indeed lower than that warranting an exclamation mark. I duly retract it.
Old 28-11-2023, 05:27 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicaneagle View Post
TV shows that preview what is "coming up" at the start and then at the end for "next time on". Bake off, Repair Shop etc, I'm looking at you! Stop the spoilers
And the shows that at each commercial break do a "coming up" thing, that seems to last about a minute, so when you continue to watch after the break you have already seen a fair chunk of it.

I guess it's all part of an hour show actually only having about 30 minutes of content.

Not annoying though.

hmph...
Old 28-11-2023, 10:34 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
And the shows that at each commercial break do a "coming up" thing, that seems to last about a minute, so when you continue to watch after the break you have already seen a fair chunk of it.

I guess it's all part of an hour show actually only having about 30 minutes of content.

Not annoying though.

hmph...
It sounds like it annoys you.

Old 28-11-2023, 10:50 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
It sounds like it annoys you.
I have a higher threshold of annoyance than that.

Not sure anything on TV is worth getting annoyed about when you have a remote in your hand.
Old 28-11-2023, 11:22 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
The house up the road where’s there’s already Christmas lights.
Old 28-11-2023, 11:39 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
The house up the road where’s there’s already Christmas lights.
Just the one?
There's at least three in our village already.
hmph
Old 29-11-2023, 02:44 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Can’t wait
Old 29-11-2023, 05:04 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:

Don't care if it does.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:21 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Twats on public transport watching stuff on their phones but not using earphones or headphones.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:49 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Twats on public transport watching stuff on their phones but not using earphones or headphones.
You'll have the Dos Pedro's telling you that is annoying, and you should post on the "Things that annoy you" thread....