Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-05-2019, 09:53 PM

woldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has it been discussed why he is leaving? With the penchant this club has for employing former players / legends, I am surprised he has not been offered something? I must have missed something?
Old 13-05-2019, 10:29 PM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldinghameagle View Post
Has it been discussed why he is leaving? With the penchant this club has for employing former players / legends, I am surprised he has not been offered something? I must have missed something?
He wants to play for another season
Old 14-05-2019, 07:39 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldinghameagle View Post
His contract is up and he wants to play football
Old 14-05-2019, 08:25 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
His contract is up and he wants to play football
Any speculation as to where? Swan song at Dundee ?
Old 14-05-2019, 08:49 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
**** Dundee! Jules is way too good still to be stuck playing for the sake of it in a league akin to the Conference South these days. Hope he gets a League 1 or 2 club take a nibble at least.
Old 14-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Maybe Its Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Any speculation as to where? Swan song at Dundee ?
Highly expect he wants to stay in the area if he is playing on for only a couple more years. I imagine his kids are settled at schools etc. Therefore would expect him to see him at someone like Leyton Orient, AFC Wimbledon, Charlton, Gillingham etc.

Also, I did notice Bromley have released David Gregory so may be in the market for a replacement keeper........
Old 14-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Highly expect he wants to stay in the area if he is playing on for only a couple more years. I imagine his kids are settled at schools etc. Therefore would expect him to see him at someone like Leyton Orient, AFC Wimbledon, Charlton, Gillingham etc.

Also, I did notice Bromley have released David Gregory so may be in the market for a replacement keeper........
I don't think he'll drop as low as Bromley (and I know you were joking): otherwise I think you are spot on.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-05-2019, 10:15 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Funny you mention AFC Wimbledon, the keeper they had Aaron Ramsdale his loan has ended, and they just released Joe McDonnell their only first team keeper. Could be an option!
Old 14-05-2019, 10:17 AM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:

Or Millwall ..
Old 14-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Maybe Its Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Funny you mention AFC Wimbledon, the keeper they had Aaron Ramsdale his loan has ended, and they just released Joe McDonnell their only first team keeper. Could be an option!
To be fair, I wouldn't have too many issues with that.

However I can't bear the thought of him wearing a Millwall or Charlton shirt !
Old 14-05-2019, 10:41 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

I was about to post the same. Julian is a popular figure in his local community and has one, possibly two, of his children in school here now.

Given hell play on for only a short while, I anticipate that hell stay in the southern region and not uproot them.

After that, hell be looking for a longer term appointment, so that could necessitate moving then.
Old 14-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Speroni is far too good for Bromley. If he only plans on playing another year, then I can see him going to a newly promoted championship side. (Charlton would be a good destination for him, however sickening that would be for us)
Old 14-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Anyone have any videos or pictures?
I posted this yesterday, but I think it got lost in the BBS outage.

Here is a bit of Julian being interviewed on the pitch after the match. He was clearly very emotional - and moved when the entire stadium rose to chant his name.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

By the way, was I alone in being a bit irritated when the stadium announcer insisted in playing some music when JS first emerged from the tunnel, almost drowning out the crowd's cheers/chants? Sometimes - in fact usually - it's best to leave the songs to the crowd.
Old 17-06-2019, 04:10 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I was just reading Charlton Life about Jonny Williams and came across this post:

Quote:
I played golf with his old team mate Speroni a few weeks back, and he asked me about JW. Told him the fans love him.
he said that JW needs to be near Family and friends.
The sunderland loan was so tough for him.
said JW was one of the best players technically at Palace but his injuries were the problem, like we knew.
not JW related but he felt sorry for Benteke. Basically said he’s a lump being played out of position. Didn’t agree with the managers tactics.
He’s out of contract now. Told him to come down the valley. He said he couldn’t join a rival lol.
I said why not, JW did and he’s been adored by the fans.
There’s a player to push Philips for the Number 1 shirt.
Some interesting comments there from Julian... and love that he would not join Charlton as they are rivals!
Old 17-06-2019, 04:16 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
'not JW related but he felt sorry for Benteke. Basically said he’s a lump being played out of position. Didn’t agree with the managers tactics.'

huh.
Old 17-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I was just reading Charlton Life about Jonny Williams and came across this post:

Some interesting comments there from Julian... and love that he would not join Charlton as they are rivals!
Yes Speroni comes across as the sort of guy who would slag off a managers tactics in public...

Questions also to be asked why anyone would actively read the message board of another teams club?
Old 17-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Lifes too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Yes Speroni comes across as the sort of guy who would slag off a managers tactics in public...

Questions also to be asked why anyone would actively read the message board of another teams club?
Charlton life is worth a read at the moment if you want a giggle
Old 17-06-2019, 06:39 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post

1. He is basically a free agent now, I think he can open up a bit, especially on a golf coarse with someone he seems to know. I say the poster is wrong to have posted what he did regarding Benteke, but the other bits are quite interesting though. Also I took it that it is Benteke who is questioning managements tactics, not Speroni.

2. What is wrong with seeing how Charlton fans feel about Jonny Williams? That was all I personally was looking at. And it actually is good to read what they say about him, and seems to mirror the opinions of him expressed by Palace fans.

3. May be we you should get off your high horse rather than a Mexican horse?
Old 14-08-2019, 12:51 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Any news on what he is up to???

I assumed he was signing up to somewhere to be able to play but there's been nothing?
Old 14-08-2019, 06:21 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Have just put your question on the FYP podcast thread whom are recording the latest episode today.