Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-07-2019, 02:00 PM

Smithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
These friendlies aren't a waste of time at all , they are designed to help promote match day fitness and to integrate players that might be good enough to actually start a full game for the senior side .

The result in itself is i agree inconsequential ,and although it's always good to win games, it's the performances of the individual that is vital , there's no better opportunity for U23 ect players to show the manager what they can do and further their chance of making it into the senior side , these lads should of been busting a gut to impress , in this particular game it seems that didn't happen , i'm sure managers learn more about their players after a loss than they do after a win , so to be polite about the result let's just say it was a interesting lesson .
Old 18-07-2019, 08:40 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Walsall beat Ajax 2-0. Does this mean that the semi finalists in the Champions league are a shambles?

Friendlies mean nothing. The top players don’t commit the same, whereas the lesser teams players are out to prove they are good.
Old 18-07-2019, 08:43 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Given I would probably only expect Wickham and possibly Dreher to feature at some point this season I'm not overly fussed by the result.

However you would have thought some of the young lads might have bust a guy to get themselves noticed. Shipping 6 to a non league has had the completely opposite effect.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:54 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Not done the figures myself, but out of the entire squad that played at Barnet last Tuesday, how many had played at all for the Palace 1st team - and more to the point (knowing that Wickham and Sorloth played) how many were regulars last season?

I read somewhere that at least two of the defenders were both playing out of position and how many times does Roy Hodgson actually take charge of the U23’s? He seemed to be in charge on the night, strange as Richard Shaw usually manages that level?
Old 18-07-2019, 10:27 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Not done the figures myself, but out of the entire squad that played at Barnet last Tuesday, how many had played at all for the Palace 1st team - and more to the point (knowing that Wickham and Sorloth played) how many were regulars last season?

I read somewhere that at least two of the defenders were both playing out of position and how many times does Roy Hodgson actually take charge of the U23s? He seemed to be in charge on the night, strange as Richard Shaw usually manages that level?
Riedewald has obviously played. And Inniss has played what 1 League Cup game. Other than that, very few.