Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Would you welcome Coppell back as manager?
Yes 446 53.41%
No 323 38.68%
Don't know/Moo 66 7.90%
Voters: 835. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-10-2012, 11:30 PM
on the hunt

Curry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've got to say that I'd love it if Steve came home.

He's had a lot more experience since he left and Dougie isn't ready for Premiership management.

We are his destiny and his last big hurrah.

The stage is set.

I love Palace.

3. Al-Badar, 37 Brick Lane
4. The Raja, Cambridge
Old 23-10-2012, 11:33 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight
He shouldnt even be on a LONG list.................dinosaur from 30yrs ago #moveonffspalace
To be fair we've just had history repeat itself on us so why not go for a bit more
Old 23-10-2012, 11:35 PM

Seaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
F*ck it. May as well offer him the job. Not sure he'd accept it though...
Old 24-10-2012, 04:43 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
A man of TRUE integrity who just happens to be a bloody good manager too.

I have to say, when people kept comparing Dougie to a young Coppell it made me laugh - just not in his league as a man or manager.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 24-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire
IMHO, would be a good move, but we would need an up and coming assistant.
Ron Noades?
Old 24-10-2012, 05:33 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Coppell was a great manager, and more importantly - a genuine guy who understood how a club operated, combined with a steely determination to be successful.

But I honestly doubt that he has the fire in his belly he once had, and which he would need in order to be successful at Palace again.

Let's leave the past alone, and focus on the future.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 24-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Man City anyone?
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 24-10-2012, 05:55 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
I literally love you Mr Coppell. Please come home. We need some honesty and integrity back in charge.
Old 24-10-2012, 05:56 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy Chicken
Man City anyone?
He was simple homesick

Stevie is an eagle lalalala
Old 24-10-2012, 06:29 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Forget that he's been here before.

He's taken a club, say club X, to the top flight. He got said club to FA Cup Final & third place in top flight. While at this club, he brought lower league players and kids through

He returned for a second spell at club X, where he guided them to promotion after the previous manager left them in the lurch

Then he appeared as the club entered a long period in administration, oversaw survival twice, ensured the club remained

After leaving, he took over at Brighton, laying the foundations for their current success

Then he moved on to Reading, where he not only guided them to the top flight breaking records on the way, he kept them up.

Throughout this time, he kept up with modern football, evolved his style & went about his work with a quiet assured diligence

If a manager with the above record wants the Palace job, we should be making an effort to seal the deal
Old 24-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Banned by Moderators

the kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins

He's taken a club, say club X, to the top flight. He got said club to FA Cup Final & third place in top flight. While at this club, he brought lower league players and kids through

He returned for a second spell at club X, where he guided them to promotion after the previous manager left them in the lurch

Then he appeared as the club entered a long period in administration, oversaw survival twice, ensured the club remained

After leaving, he took over at Brighton, laying the foundations for their current success

Then he moved on to Reading, where he not only guided them to the top flight breaking records on the way, he kept them up.

Throughout this time, he kept up with modern football, evolved his style & went about his work with a quiet assured diligence

If a manager with the above record wants the Palace job, we should be making an effort to seal the deal
superb post
Old 24-10-2012, 06:40 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Why does this football club always look backwards over its shoulder?

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 24-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
Coppell was a great manager, and more importantly - a genuine guy who understood how a club operated, combined with a steely determination to be successful.

But I honestly doubt that he has the fire in his belly he once had, and which he would need in order to be successful at Palace again.

Let's leave the past alone, and focus on the future.
I'd agree with this
After the tarnishing of the memories of Taylor, Kember and now Freedman, I don't want it to happen to 'Sir' Steve. We need to stop this fixation with ex players, both as managers and returning for 2nd or 3rd spells and go for the best person for the job; for me that would be Mick McCarthy.
Old 24-10-2012, 06:49 AM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Man City anyone?
Exactly
Old 24-10-2012, 06:50 AM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
I agree with all the positives above.
Plus if he returns before Saturday the atmosphere will be unbelievable
Old 24-10-2012, 06:52 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Spot on.
Old 24-10-2012, 06:55 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Bang on.

Who out there, who we could realisticly attract, has a better track record?

Taking sentiment totally out of it.......Mick McCarthy or Steve Coppell? I would have to go for Coppell.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 24-10-2012, 06:55 AM
AKA Ginger Eagle

Woolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningWoolwich Eagle would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Come home Steve. We need you!

Twitter: stuartAchalmers
Old 24-10-2012, 06:57 AM

Surfside Surfside Surfside Surfside Surfside Surfside Surfside Surfside Surfside Surfside Surfside
Curtis for manager, Lennie and Steve as assistants. We can go up, Curtis can go to Barcelona having learnt everything there is to know from the best, and we'll get in Mourinho once he's done at Madrid.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:03 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Man City anyone?
Bristol City anyone?