Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Would you welcome Coppell back as manager?
Yes 446 53.41%
No 323 38.68%
Don't know/Moo 66 7.90%
Voters: 835. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-10-2012, 07:09 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
At both Bristol & Manchester City, he was lied to. He doesn't stand for outside interference. And it's a mark of the man that he's left both jobs without pay out.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
At both Bristol & Manchester City, he was lied to. He doesn't stand for outside interference. And it's a mark of the man that he's left both jobs without pay out.
Of course he left without a payout, he walked out on them both

I'm sure he had good reason in both cases but you dont expect or get a payout when you walk out, do you
Old 24-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight
lol been negged by someone whos not even posted on here about my post, he was 10 when Coppell was at his best............................
hate to be the one to break it to you, but this thread is not about you.

Its about the living Legend SIR STEVE COPPELL. Lets bring him home

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:13 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L
Of course he left without a payout, he walked out on them both

I'm sure he had good reason in both cases but you dont expect or get a payout when you walk out, do you
Lazy by me. Point I was trying to make was be didn't hang around for a payout as most managers would
Old 24-10-2012, 07:14 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What happenned at Man City didn't exactly hinder him at Reading where he broke all records in getting them promoted. He genuinely loves Palace and i think its very important we have someone with that sort of affinity with the club. Are people suggesting we get somone who has that sort of affinity with Millwall instead?
Come home Sir Steve for a last harrah.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:16 AM

Gladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not that fussed Dougie has gone, think he got lucky this season under instructions from the owners to play good football. Generally his tactics and style is boring as we saw last season.

Think a manager who's philosophy is to play good football would get a lot out of this group of players but don't think Sir Stevie is that person I'm afraid.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lazy by me. Point I was trying to make was be didn't hang around for a payout as most managers would
Fair enough, makes sense
Old 24-10-2012, 07:21 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys Allover

Think a manager who's philosophy is to play good football would get a lot out of this group of players but don't think Sir Stevie is that person I'm afraid.
I disagree, Coppell sets up to play to the strength of the squad of players he has. He will work wonders with this squad, and also do what he does, uncover some pearls from the lower divisions.

He is an astute and very intelligent manager, so if he does have the fire in his belly for the job, then I cannot see anyone who is better suited than him.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:34 AM

old badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have openedold badger is the book that I have opened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys Allover
Not that fussed Dougie has gone, think he got lucky this season under instructions from the owners to play good football. Generally his tactics and style is boring as we saw last season.

I agree 100% with this, cpfc2010 need to spend some time looking through the candidates rather than resorting to knee jerk reactions, ssc would be good as a stopgap if lennie & co do join greedman but we need to look to the future now
Old 24-10-2012, 07:38 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz
Why does this football club always look backwards over its shoulder?

Because it's Paul Carrack in disguise?
Old 24-10-2012, 07:39 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Forget that he's been here before.

He's taken a club, say club X, to the top flight. He got said club to FA Cup Final & third place in top flight. While at this club, he brought lower league players and kids through

He returned for a second spell at club X, where he guided them to promotion after the previous manager left them in the lurch

Then he appeared as the club entered a long period in administration, oversaw survival twice, ensured the club remained

After leaving, he took over at Brighton, laying the foundations for their current success

Then he moved on to Reading, where he not only guided them to the top flight breaking records on the way, he kept them up.

Throughout this time, he kept up with modern football, evolved his style & went about his work with a quiet assured diligence

If a manager with the above record wants the Palace job, we should be making an effort to seal the deal

Great post. Can you recall the reasons he left each time and under what circumstances? My memory has gone blank aside from under the Jordan regime where neither really liked each other.

It takes a special person that can join 'his' club's arch rivals and still be welcomed back with such warmth even if with another club.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:45 AM

Suffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc
Great post. Can you recall the reasons he left each time and under what circumstances? My memory has gone blank aside from under the Jordan regime where neither really liked each other.

It takes a special person that can join 'his' club's arch rivals and still be welcomed back with such warmth even if with another club.
Jordan chucked him out as he believed (wrongly) that it was a new beginning and Steve was part of the old setup, on refection what a twatish thing to do.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi
You always want a manager who loves the club.
I thought we just had one!
Old 24-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
Coppell was a great manager, and more importantly - a genuine guy who understood how a club operated, combined with a steely determination to be successful.

But I honestly doubt that he has the fire in his belly he once had, and which he would need in order to be successful at Palace again.

Let's leave the past alone, and focus on the future.
Agreed
The best that could come out of this appointment would be the demise of another legend.
We have moved on
Old 24-10-2012, 07:49 AM

Suffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolk Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.
I thought we just had one!
I suspected he was anti Palace when he gave Calvin Andrew an extention !!!
Old 24-10-2012, 07:50 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Big fan of Stevie, it goes without saying, watched virtually all of Palace's games under him, home and away, they were amongst the best and happiest of our lives.

Not sure if he actually wants to be a manager, as such, anymore, I get the feeling he enjoys taking a more advisory role, like the one he has at Crawley, to be fair, this is what Lennie Lawrence seems to be doing well for us now - so if Lennie goes, then having Stevie back as a 'DoF' would be good, but possibly too big a shadow over the prospective new manager to let him do the job properly.

I've heard tell that there is a very decent up and coming manager at Stevenage, Gary Smith, who is making great strides with them and I think this is the type of progressive manager we could do with, sure he may make mistakes along the way, but thats where were when Uncle Ron brought in Stevie in 1984, a young unproven manager, eager to make his mark in the game.
Old 24-10-2012, 07:51 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Eagle
I suspected he was anti Palace when he gave Calvin Andrew an extention !!!
Old 24-10-2012, 08:00 AM
The Eagle HAS landed.....

ukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sir Stevie as DOF, Pembo as Head Coach.
Eastbourne Eagles
Kent CCC
Old 24-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
I want Sir Steve back soooooooo much
Old 24-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Sh#t on the seaweed

Seagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeagulleater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As that old song goes " Stevie Coppells RED AND BLUE ARMY"

Make Someone happy, EAT! a Seagull for breakfast!!!