Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Hope he is on bench tomorrow - at least it is a forward option

Someone has to be on the bench who is a forward. He's got a mysterious surname so let's just pretend we signed him from Lens for £11 million, and get behind him when his chance comes
Old 09-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Every other team puts a nobody on the bench and he comes on and does well. It must be our turn!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:31 PM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
So did Chas & Dave
This, along with most threads at the moment is depressing but this post did make me laugh. Cheers mate
Old 09-09-2017, 09:51 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
He scored for Palace U23's this week against Forest at Selhurst Park and was a prolific scorer in Non League football before joining Palace.

He is a typical bustling striker and featured for Palace in pre-season both last season and this.

Could this be his breakthrough season time will tell.
This guy could sell Calvin Andrew to me
Old 10-09-2017, 03:54 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Come on Freddie !!!
Old 28-09-2017, 10:35 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Is it just me disappointed to see Ladapo being so overlooked on these boards? Talks of getting free agents etc who are exactly that for a reason and probably about as fit as me. I'd rather see Ladapo chasing down everything putting in 100% than some crock of shit after a payday and wouldn't give two f**ks about going down.

I'll admit I haven't seen a great deal of Ladapo but from what I have seen he puts himself about and can mix it with the opposition centre halves. As I said in another post surely technically he can't be much worse than a Jerome or fair off with a worse goal record. We finished 11th with Jerome up top who scored 2 goals in 28.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:53 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
I've come round to the idea that we should start him on Saturday. We literally have nothing to use.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:59 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
It's not as if he's a defender or goalkeeper who could end up traumatised at having a complete mare. He's a striker, worst case is he doesn't score and isn't very effective, which is what will be expected anyway.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Part Time Football Agent

Silks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd much rather this than any of the free options....
Old 28-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
We should sing Rage Against The Machines's Guerilla Radio in honour of him, if he gets picked to play.

"Who's that?! Freddie Ladapo! Turn that shit up!"

And then naturally the song finishes with;

"He has to start somewhere, he has to start sometime...
What better place than here? What better time than now?

All, hell, can't stop us now! (x6)"

Job done. Should see us inspire him to score 20+ goals this season and secure a Europa League finish.
Old 28-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
We should sing Rage Against The Machines's Guerilla Radio in honour of him, if he gets picked to play.

"Who's that?! Freddie Ladapo! Turn that shit up!"

And then naturally the song finishes with;

"He has to start somewhere, he has to start sometime...
What better place than here? What better time than now?

All, hell, can't stop us now! (x6)"

Job done. Should see us inspire him to score 20+ goals this season and secure a Europa League finish.
Old 28-09-2017, 11:35 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
If you're going to have a 24yo in the squad it would make sense that you're going to play him at some point, especially as he's the only fit player in one of the most important positions in the team.

Werner Herzog
Old 28-09-2017, 11:47 AM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ive watched him quite a bit in under 23s and I like anyone else would love it if he could jump from 23s football or 3rd tier football where he played last season to the premier league but watching him seeing how managers judge him and his goal stats say he won't.At oldham he scored 2 in 17 games ok sometimes he only made the bench he did bit better at shrewsbury 4 goals in 15 games but again seem to be on bench fair bit not sure how old Clinton Morrison was when started playing and scoring at decent level ladapo will be 25 soon that's not a kid if he was going to be a prem striker I think he would stand out more in 3rd tier or even 23s then he does gayle look like Ronaldo in 23s 1 game he had scored a hatrick by half time.It's unfair on him to suddenly have to make this huge jump and save us under the spotlight of prem league sky motd ect judging him not great 1st touch finishing not great ect as for comparing him to say Cameron Jerome who has been on big wages at prem or championship clubs for many years someone always wants him there must be a reason for this he is honestly a different level to ladapo.
Old 28-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
I think the Huddersfield cup match probably shows that Sako will start up front in Benteke's absence, coupled with Ladapo not even being on the bench (despite there not being any other options).

But, faced with bringing in any of the names mentioned, or going with Ladapo, I'd save the money and go with the latter. After all, our record of bringing in out of contract strikers isn't exactly great, is it? Were the last four Adebayour, Doyle, AJ and Dindane?
Old 28-09-2017, 12:43 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Can't hurt to stick him on the bench as an option can it? There's only one way to find out if he can do it...
Old 28-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Ive watched him quite a bit in under 23s and I like anyone else would love it if he could jump from 23s football or 3rd tier football where he played last season to the premier league but watching him seeing how managers judge him and his goal stats say he won't.At oldham he scored 2 in 17 games ok sometimes he only made the bench he did bit better at shrewsbury 4 goals in 15 games but again seem to be on bench fair bit not sure how old Clinton Morrison was when started playing and scoring at decent level ladapo will be 25 soon that's not a kid if he was going to be a prem striker I think he would stand out more in 3rd tier or even 23s then he does gayle look like Ronaldo in 23s 1 game he had scored a hatrick by half time.It's unfair on him to suddenly have to make this huge jump and save us under the spotlight of prem league sky motd ect judging him not great 1st touch finishing not great ect as for comparing him to say Cameron Jerome who has been on big wages at prem or championship clubs for many years someone always wants him there must be a reason for this he is honestly a different level to ladapo.
You what?

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-09-2017, 12:58 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I don't really care about his all round technique, the one thing he does seem to do is score goals which at the moment is a requirement. Chuck him in or move him on as if we don't play him when we have no other recognised strikers when will we?
Old 28-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Is he quick? I can't really judge.

But if he is, get him in at some stage.
Old 28-09-2017, 02:26 PM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
He's not even close to good enough for the Championship let alone Premier League. Sorry Freddie.
Old 28-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is Ladapo named in the 25 man squad? If not, I'd rather name him than sign an ancient Lambert and Carlton Cole. Doesn't stop it being farcical that it's come to this.