Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-09-2017, 02:49 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Is it just me disappointed to see Ladapo being so overlooked on these boards? Talks of getting free agents etc who are exactly that for a reason and probably about as fit as me. I'd rather see Ladapo chasing down everything putting in 100% than some crock of shit after a payday and wouldn't give two f**ks about going down.

I'll admit I haven't seen a great deal of Ladapo but from what I have seen he puts himself about and can mix it with the opposition centre halves. As I said in another post surely technically he can't be much worse than a Jerome or fair off with a worse goal record. We finished 11th with Jerome up top who scored 2 goals in 28.
Agree Charlie and it's round peg in round hole the lads a forward play him!. Imagine the confidence if he contributed something positive saturday
Old 28-09-2017, 02:53 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Ive watched him quite a bit in under 23s and I like anyone else would love it if he could jump from 23s football or 3rd tier football where he played last season to the premier league but watching him seeing how managers judge him and his goal stats say he won't.At oldham he scored 2 in 17 games ok sometimes he only made the bench he did bit better at shrewsbury 4 goals in 15 games but again seem to be on bench fair bit not sure how old Clinton Morrison was when started playing and scoring at decent level ladapo will be 25 soon that's not a kid if he was going to be a prem striker I think he would stand out more in 3rd tier or even 23s then he does gayle look like Ronaldo in 23s 1 game he had scored a hatrick by half time.It's unfair on him to suddenly have to make this huge jump and save us under the spotlight of prem league sky motd ect judging him not great 1st touch finishing not great ect as for comparing him to say Cameron Jerome who has been on big wages at prem or championship clubs for many years someone always wants him there must be a reason for this he is honestly a different level to ladapo.
Thanks as informative post thing is we're in a dire situation and it calls for desperate times even being a nuisance will give our defence some restpite. Otherwise what's the point of the lad being in the squad or even at the club.
Old 28-09-2017, 03:04 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Sorry to say it, but his form whilst on loan at lower league clubs is a clear indication that he is going to struggle at top level.

People will use players such as Ian Wright as an example of making the step up from non-league football, but Wright had four seasons playing with Palace in the second tier, we all saw how raw and uncultured he was to start with, but he developed his game and when he was partnered with Mark Bright in 1987, he became almost unplayable at what was then Championship level and then one of the best at top level too after our promotion in 1989.

I would love to be proved wrong, but Freddie really should have made his mark by now.

I think players such as Kwesi Appiah and Keshi Andersen were better than him and they are both out of the picture now of course - Sullay Kai Kai too is more of a prospect, but in reality he is League One/lower Championship material too from what I have seen.

Sako is the only player that can make a go of it, albeit he is very basic and awkward, the only other realistic options are Wilf or RLC and then we will be sacraficing two of our most key players out wide and in attacking midfield.
Old 28-09-2017, 03:07 PM

CPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Sorry to say it, but his form whilst on loan at lower league clubs is a clear indication that he is going to struggle at top level.
Harry Kane was pretty average as well when out on loan. In our situation, what is there to lose?
Old 28-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC247 View Post
Harry Kane was pretty average as well when out on loan. In our situation, what is there to lose?
Bit different, Harry Kane was a lot younger and was largely playing Championship football.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 28-09-2017, 03:32 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
The more I think of it, if he can chase down defenders, challenge for flick-ons and try to get on the end of crosses, he's doing most of what we want out of a striker.

Werner Herzog
Old 28-09-2017, 03:38 PM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
He's not even close to good enough for the Championship let alone Premier League. Sorry Freddie.

This isn't a dig at you SC, but what's the point of having him on our books?

If he were 17-20yrs old I could understand it, but he's 24/25yrs old! At that age he should be able to step into the first team squad with the shortage of strikers that we have.
Old 28-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
He should get game time in all the upcoming games as once he plays a few times he will become a premier league striker, if by some chance he scores then his resale value would be up in the 7 digit bracket.
Old 28-09-2017, 07:26 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
can i be the first to say he had a very good record at margate?
Old 28-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
can i be the first to say he had a very good record at margate?
If you like

Coming 2nd means you are the 1st one to lose
Old 28-09-2017, 07:54 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
If you like
thanks
Old 28-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Bit different, Harry Kane was a lot younger and was largely playing Championship football.
Woosie how would you rate Ladapo?
Who would you compare him to and a what level of ability is he?
Old 28-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Whyteleafe's No. 1

Whyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhyteleafe_Sage : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd say there's nothing to be lost by giving him 20 minutes from the bench and seeing how he gets on.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Woosie how would you rate Ladapo?
Who would you compare him to and a what level of ability is he?
I'm not very good with comparisons but he seems to be a player who looks like he does a fair bit but doesn't actually contribute much.

Not to say he's lazy because he's not, I think he's a grafter but he's just not a great footballer.

League One is his upper limit. People who watched him in non-league where he didn't even get in non-league line-ups say he's not very good, people involved in some way with the 23s aren't convinced, and from what I've seen he's average. He reminds me a bit of Kwesi Appiah, never going to be good enough for us. Appiah is a better player than Ladapo.

If he proves me wrong then I'd be very happy, but I don't think he will. Not everyone can be a Premier League footballer.

I think people just see a name and just think yeah let's throw him in can't be any worse. If he was 17 I could understand and sympathise with that view, but a lot of it is what one might deem "lazy journalism". It's a term that's bandied about when people don't like what's written but this is genuinely a case of let's look at who is a striker and let's just pose the question and get some clicks.

People who have never seen him play suddenly hear his name mentioned a lot and start to make presumptions about how good he is.

Don't get me wrong, he's done incredibly well to get where he is and I don't doubt that he works hard but he's no more than a League One striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacebear View Post
This isn't a dig at you SC, but what's the point of having him on our books?

If he were 17-20yrs old I could understand it, but he's 24/25yrs old! At that age he should be able to step into the first team squad with the shortage of strikers that we have.
I can't imagine he earns more than £1k a week, he was relatively young when he signed and it doesn't cost us anything to have him. We probably made our money back on him when he went out on loan and he retains some asset value. Could maybe sell him for a five figure sum. But he is out of contract this summer and may well get released.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 28-09-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:01 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
important to put this in context;

at every other Premier League club they have under 23 teams. Within those teams are three, four, maybe even five strikers who have never played for the first team. Many of these strikers go out on loan and don't do anything special.

So Freddie Ladapo is one of probably 60 players who has not been selected to play for a first team and no one else is interested in buying. If he was able to offer anything to us he would have been at least on the bench against Southampton and Manchester City. He will just be making up the numbers, admire the desperate clutching at straws, but he could be any random U23 player who is not ready for the Premier League.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:44 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Having seen Freddie Ladapo play for Palace in a few pre-season games for the last two seasons he reminds me very much of Christian Benteke in his playing style as he is a muscular forward with very good heading ability and he is also good at holding the ball up.

I think that he can step up to the first team if required and would relish the opportunity.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:47 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Having seen Freddie Ladapo play for Palace in a few pre-season games for the last two seasons he reminds me very much of Christian Benteke in his playing style as he is a muscular forward with very good heading ability and he is also good at holding the ball up.

I think that he can step up to the first team if required and would relish the opportunity.
Good post. Couldn’t have said it better myself
Old 28-09-2017, 10:50 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Leeds fans would have loved to have taken Freddie on loan if he was available and that was before he played so well in Palace's recent 3-0 Under 23's win at Elland Road.
Old 28-09-2017, 11:02 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

Crikey..... I can't see any similarities between Ladapo and Benteke. Not in terms of level or competence. This is one of your stranger suggestions. TBH it's a little surreal.
Old 28-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC247 View Post
Harry Kane and Ian Wright get brought up everytime, that is two players in 30 years at two different clubs in different era's, yes they made it but that doenst mean it's as simple as just picking someone to be the next vessal.

'But what about Jamie Vardy ....'

Last edited by MFBias; 28-09-2017 at 11:17 PM.