Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-07-2019, 03:06 AM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Explain to me why the AW has not been renovated, upgraded, made fit for purpose for the year 2019 by now and for one of the top 40 richest via income clubs in the world ? And forget planning issues as I don't mean bigger - just better.
SP has said due to height this would be the most tricky to do and would be done last.

If we canít get permission for the old stand then why bother

Order in his eyes is old stand, Whitehorse. Holmesdale (remedial) then the AW

Sensible logic to me.
Old 19-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Explain to me why the AW has not been renovated, upgraded, made fit for purpose for the year 2019 by now and for one of the top 40 richest via income clubs in the world ? And forget planning issues as I don't mean bigger - just better.
We just donít need to. The people that sit there get a good view for the money and are happy to chug along so long as we continue to remain in the league.
Weíre levelling off so, I donít understand what they have to moan about.
Old 19-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Block E Still, Main Stand

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Because we would lose too many seats whilst it is being rebuilt, where would you move the away supporters + all the Palace supporters to whilst the work is done?
Old 19-07-2019, 09:40 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterr259 View Post
Because we would lose too many seats whilst it is being rebuilt, where would you move the away supporters + all the Palace supporters to whilst the work is done?
I didn't ask it to be rebuilt. Just renovated. A section at a time? Keep most of it open. Why not? This week on the news it has all been about the first men on the moon. The sheer accomplishment. And our club has trouble working out the logistics of doing up a 7000 capacity AW and making it fit for purpose and CPFC has a yearly income of £150,000,000

The will by the owners to do something visible and actually achievable with the ground just isn't there. Plenty of you are falling for the salesman patter in Mr Parish. The Stand to be built? It won't happen. Forget it. Unless we are taken over by Donald Trump.
Old 19-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
I didn't ask it to be rebuilt. Just renovated. A section at a time? Keep most of it open. Why not? This week on the news it has all been about the first men on the moon. The sheer accomplishment. And our club has trouble working out the logistics of doing up a 7000 capacity AW and making it fit for purpose and CPFC has a yearly income of £150,000,000

The will by the owners to do something visible and actually achievable with the ground just isn't there. Plenty of you are falling for the salesman patter in Mr Parish. The Stand to be built? It won't happen. Forget it. Unless we are taken over by Donald Trump.
What was the budget for putting a man on the moon? This argument/comparison is pretty silly also considering the political climate of the Space Race, and that it was a government of one of the largest nations of the world funding it, not a sport team. That income you mention has mainly gone to the running costs of the club which's objective has been to maintain it's status in the Premier League, which has been a success. The club valuation has gone up in this period aswell.

Anyone that has sought planning permission for their conservatory will know that planning permission is a process that can take awhile and isnt straight forward as one would like. The new stand is a large consideration in the area and will take time to get the permission.

Why do you disbelieve the story that they are seeking permission, and instead are using it as a way of appeasing fans as some political game?

In regard to the Arthur Waite, Parish has said the best option for the club in terms of increased revenue is to improve the Main Stand, yes this is bad for those who sit in the Arthur Waite, but again why is this ignored in looking at the big picture?
Old 19-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Anyone that has sought planning permission for their conservatory will know that planning permission is a process that can take awhile and isnt straight forward as one would like. The new stand is a large consideration in the area and will take time to get the permission....
A perspective Wetherspoons fairly close to me has been over 3 years now in the various stages of planning permission.

Not sure what the answer is for the whole issue of planning, without treading on the toes of local people's rights; but this is a serious drag on business and the economy. And the prospect of a much cheaper pint in my case.
Old 19-07-2019, 10:05 AM

Frisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm a Parish fan and though it meant sense to improve the stands in the order proposed. However I agree with Am Phibian that there is no excuse for not cracking on with the improvements needed in that stand to make it more humane/safe and dare I say a more pleasurable experience. It does take a while to sort out planning on an extension but while you're waiting it doesn't stop you decorating the rest of the house.

The only reason I can imagine for not cracking on with other work is if there are still plans to relocate. I suspect the actual reason is the club is very tight on spending money outside the players' wages and simply doesn't have the 'big club' structure in terms of resources/staff/professionals to make the changes we expect should come from the income we receive. It is a very safe and sensible approach but explains why everything happens so slowly.
Old 19-07-2019, 10:16 AM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Ok, then what do you do with the people that are in each section whilst it is being renovated, especially in combination with the seating arrangement in the lower Holmesdale makes it a difficult task.

Last edited by Dan A; 19-07-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 19-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
I'm a Parish fan and though it meant sense to improve the stands in the order proposed. However I agree with Am Phibian that there is no excuse for not cracking on with the improvements needed in that stand to make it more humane/safe and dare I say a more pleasurable experience. It does take a while to sort out planning on an extension but while you're waiting it doesn't stop you decorating the rest of the house.

The only reason I can imagine for not cracking on with other work is if there are still plans to relocate. I suspect the actual reason is the club is very tight on spending money outside the players' wages and simply doesn't have the 'big club' structure in terms of resources/staff/professionals to make the changes we expect should come from the income we receive. It is a very safe and sensible approach but explains why everything happens so slowly.
If the stand wasnít Ďsafeí, it wouldnt be open.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
They ought to have a plan for rebuilding the Arthur in place (imo). And then put it into action as soon as the new main stand opens - the extra capacity in the main stand can compensate for losing the Arthur whilst it's being rebuilt.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 19-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Block E Still, Main Stand

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
Ok, then what do you do with the people that are in each section when it is being renovated, especially in combination with the seating arrangement in the lower Holmesdale makes it a difficult task.
and on top of that I would add, what do you do to that stand to improve it, there isn't room for a bigger better concourse in the current construction, to be flippant they did put a coat of paint on the existing concourse last summer!! you can't remove the stanchions without a rebuild, you can't take away the TV gantry until you have an alternative location for it (new main stand). What do you want them to do to the stand to improve it ???
Old 19-07-2019, 11:32 AM

Pawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found mePawel Lis wasn't looking, but somehow you found me
Toilets, Toilets, Toilets! They’re still awful compared with the Holmesdale and don’t start me on the catering, the queues are still appalling. But I agree #1 get rid of the view blocking gantry, unfortunately only possible after the main stand development is completed.
And, worst of all, why no Kit Kat any more?
Old 19-07-2019, 11:43 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another point regarding the AW is the TV Gantry, that will be moving to the new (old) stand, so changing the configuration of the AW does not make sense until it has moved.

I know many see it as a pipe dream, but planning application in Crystal Palace park could have been submitted by now. The challenges would be different, but at least they would be known and slowly fought.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
Another point regarding the AW is the TV Gantry, that will be moving to the new (old) stand, so changing the configuration of the AW does not make sense until it has moved.

I know many see it as a pipe dream, but planning application in Crystal Palace park could have been submitted by now. The challenges would be different, but at least they would be known and slowly fought.
The economics of this single stand is dubious enough. How do you figure the cost of a new ground would be sustained? Look at the extra things we are being fleeced with just for the stand. A CP move would require huge transport upgrades for one thing.

I'd have still gone for it , but then im not spending the huge sums that it could cost o merely do the basic plans and application.
Old 19-07-2019, 12:34 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
I'm a Parish fan
How about trying to be a Palace fan...
Old 19-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The real worry now is that there simply isn't a buyer - nobody wants the club in its current state.

That means the two Americans & their chums are stuck in an investment they no longer want and have no interest in financing. Parish, while influential, has no veto and no real control. It's going to be skin of the teeth stuff this year, again.

We're basically another Newcastle, but with a more sympathetic (and much less powerful) chairman.

I just hope the AWB money gets put back in.
Old 19-07-2019, 03:51 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thereís no way of doing it without dropping the capacity by 7k. Thatís not an option when weíre nearly selling out the ground week in / week out.

Would you want to tell that many fans they canít see palace play for a season?

Really the only options are:

1) build a new ground
2) build a stand around another stand (see Liverpool) - only doable with the main stand due to space
3) bank some money and wait until weíre in the championship again so we can start doing stuff up
Old 19-07-2019, 07:41 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
We desperately need this to hurry up.
Old 19-07-2019, 09:02 PM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
How about trying to be a Palace fan...
An electric fan.
Old 19-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
We desperately need this to hurry up.
Im sure itís abit more complicated then coming in early on a Monday and sending some emails.