Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-04-2019, 02:15 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
You've obviously not seen what it was like for some of our youngsters when they played for the first team. I remember plenty of abuse, frustration, etc., over the years and not always after giving the lad time to settle in.

Plus, given the immense expectation of what new players should be doing right from the off I would be concerned.
I wonder if Woods is thinking like you.

"I better not take my chance. What if I make a mistake and someone gets mad at me?"

Old 07-04-2019, 02:16 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Routledge & Watson have just spat their tea across the room. Some Palace fans are complete arseholes and would certainly snip at Woods if he made a mistake.
Moses, Southgate, even Clyne when he first started.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:18 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
I wonder if Woods is thinking like you.

"I better not take my chance. What if I make a mistake and someone gets mad at me?"

I doubt it. But given the effect on a player’s confidence the management might reasonably be considering that.

Last edited by NickinOx; 07-04-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:20 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingup View Post
I thought Daly was out on loan?
Talking to Kingstonian fans yesterday they seemed to think that he was no longer on loan. I did tell them James had scord two in the sheffield United U23 game and they obviously had mixed feliings about that. James sadly got injured when hed started making a real difference.

Woods does seem to have kick on quite well and seemed to have a lot of time and composure on the ball compared to some of the others
Old 07-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Moses, Southgate, even Clyne when he first started.
Absolute tosh.
And Routledge and Watson only got stick much later, over various issues.
McKenzie, Clinton and Routledge were all hailed as excellent young players from day 1.

Edit: Borrowdale didn't convince everyone as a novice. Clyne came out of the blue and was an instant hit, Vic was already an idol before his debut, and Southgate was well received as a novice.

Last edited by Celestial Empire; 07-04-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:29 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
I doubt it. But given the effect on a player’s confidence the management might reasonably be considering that.
I always wonder about this. Surely a youngster like Woods is realistic enough to know he’s PROBABLY not up to the premier league yet, and therefore should just be grateful for the experience and not too devastated if he gets shown up?
Old 07-04-2019, 03:36 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
This is really to Woosie but would the player mentioned in the Sun yesterday Brandon Aveiro (allegedly Benfica interested in him) be worth a try in the first team?
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 07-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
This is really to Woosie but would the player mentioned in the Sun yesterday Brandon Aveiro (allegedly Benfica interested in him) be worth a try in the first team?
He has barely played U23s yet so not yet.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 07-04-2019, 03:46 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Cheers Woosie. I'm guessing he must have something or Benfica wouldn't be sniffing around.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 07-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
How good is he mate?
Old 07-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
I'll reply in the academy thread so as not to take this off topic

Old 07-04-2019, 04:27 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Woosie, you’re the guy to trust when it comes to the academy. We know it won’t happen though because Roy doesn’t do experimentation even when the team is safe. FWIW I’d like to see Kouyate at centre back because he shouldn’t be anywhere near first choice in midfield and I’d like to see if he could be 3rd choice centre back going forwards.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's way too slow from what I've seen
Old 07-04-2019, 04:47 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'll reply in the academy thread so as not to take this off topic
Roger that
Old 07-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Woosie, you’re the guy to trust when it comes to the academy. We know it won’t happen though because Roy doesn’t do experimentation even when the team is safe. FWIW I’d like to see Kouyate at centre back because he shouldn’t be anywhere near first choice in midfield and I’d like to see if he could be 3rd choice centre back going forwards.
GF talking shit again I see.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
He's way too slow from what I've seen
He certainly isn't the most rapid defender in the world, but neither is James Tomkins.

But as said, is there that much to lose by testing him in one game?

Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Whilst Woosie obviously sees far more of the academy players than any of us and his view on the players is both welcome and valuable... You seem to imply he is more trustworthy in this instance than Roy Hodgson. Which seems a bit bizarre to me. Roy will have worked with him a lot this season, seen him in training, got to know his mentality somewhat. He will also have had very regular conversations with the coaches and managers of the club's youth sides.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Whilst Woosie obviously sees far more of the academy players than any of us and his view on the players is both welcome and valuable... You seem to imply he is more trustworthy in this instance than Roy Hodgson. Which seems a bit bizarre to me. Roy will have worked with him a lot this season, seen him in training, got to know his mentality somewhat. He will also have had very regular conversations with the coaches and managers of the club's youth sides.
I think Wooise is just saying we have nothing to lose and it might be good for the player to get a run out over the next few games. Mainly because he might attract the attention of some better clubs the he might be able to go on loan to.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I always wonder about this. Surely a youngster like Woods is realistic enough to know he’s PROBABLY not up to the premier league yet, and therefore should just be grateful for the experience and not too devastated if he gets shown up?
I would agree, but I was pointing out that in the current climate of quite a number of fans wanting instant success, I can see that causing a problem. If we blood youngsters, then I would want to see them given chances even if they make mistakes. But given the vitriol for players and the manager in the last season or so, I can easily see it being an issue.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Absolute tosh.
And Routledge and Watson only got stick much later, over various issues.
McKenzie, Clinton and Routledge were all hailed as excellent young players from day 1.

Edit: Borrowdale didn't convince everyone as a novice. Clyne came out of the blue and was an instant hit, Vic was already an idol before his debut, and Southgate was well received as a novice.
You’re right, it is absolute toss. None of our youngsters ever got abused at any stage. It was all rainbows and unicorns and unremitting praise from the stands.