Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-05-2019, 05:54 PM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When are the fixtures out?
Old 14-05-2019, 05:57 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I love the summer. Hoping there are less yobs on the tube seeing as there's no major tournament.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:15 PM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle View Post
I hate cricket.
And me, in my opinion Cricket is something that people who are no good at sport do.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
I was banking on AFCON this summer but its still a month away (22nd June). We'll have

Ivory Coast: Zaha
Ghana: Shlupp & Ayew
Senegal: Kouyate & a slim possibility of Souare

Plus DR Congo with Bolasie
Old 14-05-2019, 06:59 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Some of the worst aspects of the close season:

1. Fans wringing their hands about Wilf leaving every bloody summer.

2. Fans believing every stupid story put out by the rancid media in this country, despite any and all evidence to the contrary.

3. Fans shitting the bed because whichever rival has signed a hatful of unheard-of players and we haven't signed anybody (I'm terribly guilty of this). See: Brighton and Fulham signing loads of players, Palace fans fretting, and then it turns out both sides have signed a load of duds.

4. The bitching and moaning and in-fighting between fans because there's nothing better to talk about (I'm guilty of this as well).

Looking forward to it.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:00 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych View Post
Iíll be on the transfer rumour thread all summer, getting excited about all the bullshit rumours that will never happen, and all the players we are linked to who then end up going to our rivals. And when we get closer to the start of the season anxiety will kick in when we still havenít signed anyone. Until finally, when we have either signed no one or some bargain basement panic buys someone Iíve never heard for inflated wages, incredulity and anger will kick in as we start another season in the premier league woefully unprepared.

Or I might just go to Spain, get pissed, and forget about everything.
To cheer yourself up about transfers, there were plenty of people certain that Fulham would do well in the Prem and gutted we hadnít bought some they grabbed last summer.

Worked out well for them didnít it!
Old 14-05-2019, 07:25 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter8142 View Post
And me, in my opinion Cricket is something that people who are no good at sport do.
No, that's golf.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:34 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
We were given a chance to come and look, but that was mainly based on what was available then (which was very little) - and the Upper Tier wasn't open.

Having said that, I have been in the Upper Tier quite often - including (deliberately trying it out) for the two FA Cup games this season. So I pretty much know what to expect. But AWFOW's point about neighbours stands (both ways round!) plus I've never sat as far back as our new seats are.

But really, I'm just impatient to get on with next season and get used to my new way of watching Palace
I've sat right at the back of the upper Hol before thought the view was actually great got a good 'tactical' view as it were.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:39 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am too busy to even think about it! I am virtually living at Selhurst Park over the next 3 weeks as i am officiating at a number of Corporate Football Events and, of course, the BBS 6 a side tournament. I am playing lots of Surrey/Borough/League/Club Bowls Competitions and , on top of that I am doing a bit of work as well!

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 14-05-2019, 07:41 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
To cheer yourself up about transfers, there were plenty of people certain that Fulham would do well in the Prem and gutted we hadnít bought some they grabbed last summer.

Worked out well for them didnít it!

Thatís very true, but I want to be miserable
Old 14-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We end the season finally seeing a team forming a cohesion that looks promising. Only to know that won't be the team starting next season, due to the 5YP starting afresh for the 20th season in a row. Because businessmen want short-term profit
Old 14-05-2019, 08:20 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Really glad the season is over and am looking forward to a couple of months off. Hopefully we can refresh the squad and be in for an exciting season next year.
Old 14-05-2019, 08:28 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Nope. Glad to do other things for a while without football ruining it. Give it a few weeks though and I will be desperate for the new season to start.
Old 14-05-2019, 08:52 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Unlike some on this thread I do like cricket and with the World Cup two weeks away that should fill the time especially as I'm going to three group matches and one warm up. The Ashes is later in the summer (that does clash with the start of next season) and I'm going to watch a few Kent games. I have also one Saturday in July when I'm going to the Diamond League athletics. Yesterday I was disappointed the season is over but today I'm thinking of the other things to do.

I feel it will be good to have a few weeks away from football and Palace as then you appreciate it more when it comes round again in August.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I will miss all the wit and repartee on the match-day threads.
Old 15-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post

2. Fans believing every stupid story put out by the rancid media in this country, despite any and all evidence to the contrary.

3. Fans shitting the bed because whichever rival has signed a hatful of unheard-of players and we haven't signed anybody (I'm terribly guilty of this). See: Brighton and Fulham signing loads of players, Palace fans fretting, and then it turns out both sides have signed a load of duds.

4. The bitching and moaning and in-fighting between fans because there's nothing better to talk about (I'm guilty of this as well).

Looking forward to it.
Spot on.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 15-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I'm using pre-season to cut out the beers and have started a running club.

I know it's harder to shift the flab as you get older, so I bet get started now.

I'll have a soft drink with my pals on Saturday watching the cup final and as I'm a boxing fan, there are plenty of decent scraps over the next few months
Old 15-05-2019, 09:15 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post

Looking forward to it.
Add to that:

5. Losing/drawing/not hitting 10 goals in a pre season warm up game, followed by inevitable "We're going down" posts on here.
Old 15-05-2019, 09:17 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I'm using pre-season to cut out the beers and have started a running club.

I know it's harder to shift the flab as you get older, so I bet get started now.

I'll have a soft drink with my pals on Saturday watching the cup final and as I'm a boxing fan, there are plenty of decent scraps over the next few months
I do the dry Jan because it's also winter and drinking a cold pint is easier to refuse when it's cold outside - doing it in the summer though, i'd find very hard!

Fair play to you and good luck too.
Old 15-05-2019, 09:20 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Yup. Especially as my playing season has finished too. Well bored already.