Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:52 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Press perception of Palace

Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with the constant negative feel to press reports relating to Palace. If we are not relegation fodder we are delusional about the value of our players or standing in the way of players going to a better club and now it’s Hodgson's turn. Not sure why the Liverpool echo want to focus on their “bad” times with these articles but surely there must be something more positive for them to report for Liverpool and Everton

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Roy and the team had one of the best away records in the league last year, yes our home form wasn’t great but a good striker from the start would more than likely have changed that too, as we did create chances we just didn’t get them in the net

It must make it harder for our team to convince players to come to Palace and I wonder if it’s done to undermine attempts to bring in players as they always seem to crop up in transfer windows. I think we really need to get positives out into the news and start talking up our club. We were not in the relegation battle last year and if we had taken the expected 6 points off Brighton we would have finished 8th but no, “relegation battlers Palace” is how we are portrayed

Last edited by Hazbaz; 01-07-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
F U C K em.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Couldn’t give a toss what the press think about us

Coming 2nd means you are the 1st one to lose
Old 01-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
The Liverpool Echo reads like a poorly written local newspaper, which is presumably what it is. Who cares what they think of Roy.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:04 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Who gives a ****.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 01-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
As mentioned in another thread the liverpoolecho the city of self pity, always someone else's fault.

Read on one of those links that Roy's always puts his foot in it in interviews and makes mistakes. He then goes on to say in his time there he never heard the famous Anfield atmosphere. Roy's absolutely right because it doesn't effing exist the deluded to$$ers.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
So not so much 'press' as a single paper from a specific city. There is no particular perception of Palace from the wider press, as they barely notice us nor care, unless we are a source of stories for selling players to the teams they do care about.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:26 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Having difficulties opening those links, but what it seems the basis of the attack is some sort of long standing grudge with Roy rather than Palace in particular.

I’m not sure I’m bothered what the perception of Palace is by the Liverpool press or their readers, I’ve definitely got plenty of negative comments about both Liverpool clubs and their fans after over 43 years of experiencing them, I’m sure nobody up there will be worried by my poor feelings for them - and that’s exactly how much I care about any comments, good or bad that come the other way.

It makes it all the sweeter when we get our results against them and although we didn’t get much luck last season, anybody who went to the game at Anfield will be able to tell you that we far from being outplayed, that’s on top of the several good results Palace have got against both Liverpool and Everton over the years, not just our current spell in the Premier League.

Back in the 1970’s, I think most fans of other clubs held Liverpool’s players and support in awe - but believe me, that quickly disappeared on my first visit to Anfield for our Cup tie in 1977, before they had won their first European Cup - on seeing the then Third Division Palace (and at the time about 12th!) all but beat them and noticed that far from the great support the were cracked up to be, Palace gave as good as they got, on and off the pitch.

Last edited by CP Satellite; 01-07-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Scouse Rag in 5hit Journo SHOCKER?!
Old 01-07-2019, 03:17 PM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
they do seem to have a weird hatred of him, even some of my more sensible Liverpool mates have this as well. IMO it was a bit like Moyes at utd, it was never going to work after what they had had before.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:35 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bald-eagle View Post
they do seem to have a weird hatred of him, even some of my more sensible Liverpool mates have this as well. IMO it was a bit like Moyes at utd, it was never going to work after what they had had before.
Most Liverpool fans loathe him. He followed Benitez and had little money to spend and then he lost key players. You know Roys default safety first approach combined with 'big' club fans and the other issues meant he was ****ed from the get go.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
**** em.
Saves me typing it.....
Old 01-07-2019, 03:39 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
There is no particular perception of Palace from the wider press, as they barely notice us nor care, unless we are a source of stories for selling players to the teams they do care about.
I think you'd be surprised by just how many Palace work in the press. In my experience we're very well represented. I'm not saying that affects or influences the way they cover our club since professional considerations will always come first. But it always makes me chuckle when posters say the media hate Palace. Many of the journos are just as besotted (or deranged) as the rest of us.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Saves me typing it.....
which took you longer to type than "**** em".

HTH
Old 01-07-2019, 04:11 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
So not so much 'press' as a single paper from a specific city.
This thread, combined with the other thread about the Liverpool Echo definitely shows what a bizarre rag it is.

Having said that, they believe they know what their readers will want to read and they're in the business of selling newspapers, so not surprising on their stock approach top stories.

I wonder how Everton FC fares in their rag?
Old 01-07-2019, 04:57 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I doubt the press care too much but there is always another side to this. If we appear less in, say, the Evening Standard than other similar size clubs it could be because we have a less active, less approachable or smaller media department. But then I don't know if we actually do get less coverage?
Old 01-07-2019, 05:15 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
TalkShite did a whole thing on Wan-Bissaka and his going to the wankers and how great he was and what a lot of money and blah blah blah.

Total number of times Palace mentioned: 0.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:30 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Most Liverpool fans loathe him. He followed Benitez and had little money to spend and then he lost key players. You know Roys default safety first approach combined with 'big' club fans and the other issues meant he was ****ed from the get go.
I’m pretty sure they sacked him when they were on a good run and climbing up the table. No denying that he was doing a poor job up to that point, but with a bit more time he could’ve had them where they should be.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
The OP has linked to two articles being critical of Roy Hodgson, neither of which mention or allude to Palace.

Liverpool fans don't like Hodgson.

This hasn't got anything to do with Palace or a perceived agenda against Palace.

If there is any real evidence of this claim then feel free to post it.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 01-07-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:50 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
What do you expect, track record with Palace;
Make a profit on Benteke after admitting he was dire and not playing him
Sent a £6 million centre back out on loan then sold him to us for £30 million
Looked for goal 4 and 5 ended up griselling in the selhurst turf
Spoilt the scouse wannabe gangsters leaving do

A horrible club, root and branch, who airbrush out the bits of their history they are not so keen on.