Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Hardly owt left unless you’re tiny or huuuuuuuuge
Old 09-07-2019, 07:34 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Would you pay the money that they pay the club though? No.
Well obviously not you div.
However having the option would be nice.
As stated other clubs do this
Old 09-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Wonder how many of this season's clubs will be sponsored by gambling companies?

Followed by the tag line 'gamble responsibly'.

Might as well say 'heroin is ok if you don't over do it' too then.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:40 PM

itsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineitsrickyb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Remember when some BBSers were originally up in arms and all sceptical because this company didn't exist. Or they couldn't figure out the website. Or something.
Did you see their "promotional" videos before they were media schooled?
Old 09-07-2019, 08:57 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Try it, its £15....
Old 09-07-2019, 09:02 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Wonder how many of this season's clubs will be sponsored by gambling companies?

Followed by the tag line 'gamble responsibly'.

Might as well say 'heroin is ok if you don't over do it' too then.
Quite right, there are no morals in football just £££££££££.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:09 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tonight's kit looked so much better without the main sponsor om the front and no name on the back.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:00 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
Tonight's kit looked so much better without the main sponsor om the front and no name on the back.

Probably going to get “No Name” on the back of my new shirt judging by our transfer activity.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:03 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Suspect we are looking for a new sponsor.....what with Wolves ditching their current sponsor and doing a deal with ManbetX then suddenly they are not on our shirts anymore.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:19 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Last night's lack of shirt sponsor was probably because betting ads are not allowed on shirts in Switzerland?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-07-2019, 05:19 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
The sponsor on the shirt...

As a young lad in the early 80’s my heart sank when the sponsors arrived and ruined kits up and down the country. For me football kits are a thing of beauty - a piece of art. Would you scrawl Sainsbury’s or British Airways over a Hockney or a Turner?

Hated it then and still do. Of course I understand the financial necessity behind it but doesn’t mean I have to like it. The other similar thing Selhurst related that has saddened me since the 80’s too is the red and blue stripes on the Arthur roof covered in adverts.

I’ve always thought that if I ever made billions, I wouldn’t actually want to buy Palace - couldn’t be bothered with all the grief - but I would pay top dollar to be the shirt sponsor so we didn’t have one and buyout all the advert space on the Arrhur roof and go up myself with some expensive outdoor proof red and blue paint and do the job myself.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 10-07-2019, 05:24 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
QPR have a similar roof fascia at Loftus Road, and have never plastered it with ads. Would love to see the front of the Arthur returned to stripes.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-07-2019, 05:32 AM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Last night's lack of shirt sponsor was probably because betting ads are not allowed on shirts in Switzerland?
Can we order palace shirts from Switzerland then??

That would be a huge win.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:42 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

As a young lad in the early 80’s my heart sank when the sponsors arrived and ruined kits up and down the country. For me football kits are a thing of beauty - a piece of art. Would you scrawl Sainsbury’s or British Airways over a Hockney or a Turner?

Hated it then and still do. Of course I understand the financial necessity behind it but doesn’t mean I have to like it. The other similar thing Selhurst related that has saddened me since the 80’s too is the red and blue stripes on the Arthur roof covered in adverts.

I’ve always thought that if I ever made billions, I wouldn’t actually want to buy Palace - couldn’t be bothered with all the grief - but I would pay top dollar to be the shirt sponsor so we didn’t have one and buyout all the advert space on the Arrhur roof and go up myself with some expensive outdoor proof red and blue paint and do the job myself.
And right there (you lazy bastardo) is you’re next Palace Minute
Old 10-07-2019, 06:49 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

Barcelona held out against shirt sponsors until 2010 when they adopted Unicef. After that they sold out to Qatar Airways!
Old 10-07-2019, 06:49 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
And right there (you lazy bastardo) is you’re next Palace Minute
To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 10-07-2019, 07:31 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Suspect we are looking for a new sponsor.....what with Wolves ditching their current sponsor and doing a deal with ManbetX then suddenly they are not on our shirts anymore.
Nope we signed a 'multi-year deal', it's just that foreign gambling sites are banned in Switzerland
Old 10-07-2019, 11:47 AM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some shirt sponsors actually do enhance the shirts..... Our one sadly does not on this occasion
Old 10-07-2019, 12:02 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
I get the fact people might not like a chinese betting company sponsoring Palace but i think the logo design is a different thing. I would argue it looks better than Netella for example? That was very bland. That said TDK was bland and looked really good (IMO) - The Fly Virgin shirts looked excellent back in the day - Far better than the Virgin Media design Soton have - I would say the current logo looks fine in all white on the red & blue shirt.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:03 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Nope we signed a 'multi-year deal', it's just that foreign gambling sites are banned in Switzerland
Ahhh bugger was hoping we were going get a huge cash injection from a new sponsor. ManBetX is apparently worth a shade under £14M a year.