Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-07-2019, 12:27 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieb73 View Post
Of course he is going to play a blinder once he is in the final year of his contract..
And he had a blinder in his first season. So maybe give him a rolling 2 year contract and he's certain to stay injury free and bang them in.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:27 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Out of interest, how does ‘working hard to sell Benteke’ look like in reality?

Cold call every club in the world in the vein hope one won’t mind paying 120k a week for a striker who’s scored 4 goals in 2 seasons?

Make a video of Ben’s best bits and try and make it go viral hoping someone doesn’t recall the last 2 seasons?
Ha. I suppose I mean explaining to his agent that we want to move him on and get him working on it.

I often see transfer quotes saying "x club have offered y player to z club". There is actually an example of that I saw today with sky saying west ham have been offering Hernandez to Fiorentina.

I don't know the inner workings of football but I'm pretty sure that are non passive ways of selling players.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:39 PM

les aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Our strike 'force' is absolutely shocking, 3 lumbering oafs and a championship striker in Ayew. What the hell do they do on scouting trips? Where's the exciting attacking skill based strikers
Old 10-07-2019, 12:40 PM

MAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just like Boris, they are being optimistic.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:49 PM

bubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbubbs11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Ha. I suppose I mean explaining to his agent that we want to move him on and get him working on it.

I often see transfer quotes saying "x club have offered y player to z club". There is actually an example of that I saw today with sky saying west ham have been offering Hernandez to Fiorentina.

I don't know the inner workings of football but I'm pretty sure that are non passive ways of selling players.
I have no inside info but I wouldn’t be surprised if the club had discretely touted him about.

Do you remember this from the Jan transfer window in 2018? It did make me wonder.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 10-07-2019, 12:51 PM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1 year extension
Old 10-07-2019, 12:53 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post

We can offer him to whoever we want but unless they are going to pay him £120k a week, which they will not we will end up paying millions of what we 'sell' him for to him as wages. Value to us is probably higher than value to others still.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:09 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Definitely would give him a reduced contract, if he would sign it or not is another matter.
Can you give an example of any players that have?
Old 10-07-2019, 01:10 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Is he the new Jordon Mutch? Score a couple of goals in pre season and forget the rest of the shit we've had to suffer.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:14 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
He won't be signing any new deal anytime soon as anything we would offer would be reduced to what he's on now.

I think he'll have a decent season then take a nice signing on fee at a new club next summer.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
He's our only hope.
He's not bleedin Obi Wan
Old 10-07-2019, 01:16 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieb73 View Post
Of course he is going to play a blinder once he is in the final year of his contract..
The Reich thing to do
Old 10-07-2019, 01:21 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
No fee required. Scored yesterday, looks sharp. Even Hennessey says he is on fire in training. Surely we should at least be offering him an extension? After Zaha he is our most important attacking player. Would be worth a transfer fee if on a long term contract. Not sure he would sign, but hope we are at least considering it.
"scored yesterday" - LOL
Old 10-07-2019, 01:26 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
He hasn't scored a goal from open play with his feet for 2 YEAR'S 3 months WHY on earth would you want to give him a new contract ?
Old 10-07-2019, 01:45 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Probably worth risking a new contract on similar overall money but re-balanced to heavily reward goals and assists, wins in which he make appearances and starting appearances with less upfront.
If he won't sign that offer reduced terms.
If he won't sign either, not worth the risk.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No way, let him go.

Use that money for Luka's new contract.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:50 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Every day I look on here hoping benteke moves on. Pound for pound one of the worst transfers we've ever made.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:59 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
No fee required. Scored yesterday, looks sharp. Even Hennessey says he is on fire in training. Surely we should at least be offering him an extension? After Zaha he is our most important attacking player. Would be worth a transfer fee if on a long term contract. Not sure he would sign, but hope we are at least considering it.
Is this a serious post?
Old 10-07-2019, 05:08 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
hdeagle will be along shortly to tell us he had an amazing game against Arsenal last season, and surely warrants one.
Think Benteke will play devils advocate, and sit tight even if he was offered a new deal in the hope he'll capture some sort of form ahead of a bumper pay day.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:25 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Even at £10m who is likely to bid that and take on the £120k a week?
In monetary terms cheaper than buying a player for £20m and paying him £80k a week for a 4 year contract.

For a 1 in 3 international striker £10m would be a steal even paying £120k a week in wages.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)