Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:27 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This floater will go down the u-bend at the end of the season and good riddance.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:38 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
F*ck me, the shit posted on here about a player whose goals in his first season kept us in the PL - that was worth £100m+

He was carrying an injury after that, which took two years to address. Blame the medical staff for that.

If he's fully fit and confident again then we've got a good player back.

Sorloth showed how difficult it is to buy a striker.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:56 PM

BuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
F*ck me, the shit posted on here about a player whose goals in his first season kept us in the PL - that was worth £100m+

He was carrying an injury after that, which took two years to address. Blame the medical staff for that.

If he's fully fit and confident again then we've got a good player back.

Sorloth showed how difficult it is to buy a striker.
I don't buy that. Having a very slight injury (which I don't believe he's had for two years for a start) does not stop you from being able to finish with your feet. I said even in his first season that I was really disappointed with his ability on the ball, he invariably overran it when going on a run or gave it away unnecessarily.

I don't agree with any abuse going his way but most are just stating that for the vast majority of his time here he has been absolute toilet. How many sitters has he missed? How many miss-hits and airshots? That's got nothing to do with any injury and I don't believe it has much to do with confidence either. We simply can't afford to carry a player on his salary.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:06 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffotheEagle View Post
I don't buy that. Having a very slight injury (which I don't believe he's had for two years for a start) does not stop you from being able to finish with your feet. I said even in his first season that I was really disappointed with his ability on the ball, he invariably overran it when going on a run or gave it away unnecessarily.

I don't agree with any abuse going his way but most are just stating that for the vast majority of his time here he has been absolute toilet. How many sitters has he missed? How many miss-hits and airshots? That's got nothing to do with any injury and I don't believe it has much to do with confidence either. We simply can't afford to carry a player on his salary.

It's got everything to do with injury, confidence and support.

His salary is f*ck all in the scheme of things because we agreed to pay it and if he's as shit as you seem to think, no-one is going to take him off the books so we'd have to pay it up anyway.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:25 PM

BuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
It's got everything to do with injury, confidence and support.

His salary is f*ck all in the scheme of things because we agreed to pay it and if he's as shit as you seem to think, no-one is going to take him off the books so we'd have to pay it up anyway.
If his injury was that bad (bad enough to affect his play that much) he wouldn't have been playing in the first place. I just cannot accept that a slight injury and a lack confidence could have made him so poor for so long. I also don't believe that he's suddenly going to get it back? He hasn't in the past when he got the odd goal.

Perhaps I didn't phrase it right; clearly we are going to be stuck with his wages as his performances have largely been that bad that no one will take him off our hands. People buy strikers to get goals and other than the odd header he doesn't look like ever scoring again.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:43 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Can assure you I'm not. Playing with injury/out injured last year for 6 months. Now looking good. Score 10 goals in the Premier League and he's back to being worth £20m+.
If me auntie gets a dick she’ll be ma uncle.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-07-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:45 PM

He's not a Kebe or a Mutch:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-07-2019, 07:13 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
The excuses made for Benteke by some on here are incredible. A player who has been abysmal for two seasons. A player who has offered next to nothing. The injuries are an excuse.

However, he is our player and we should all want him to succeed. The better he is then the better we will be. This is a key season for him. I sincerely hope he can recover the form of his first season with us. I don’t have much confidence but I really hope he gets off to a good start and takes it from there.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:45 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Benteke's form over the last two years wasn't justifiable for a Premier League player, let alone one on his wages. The only good news is we won't be paying a King's Ransom for dross much longer, one way or the other. The rest is all just excuses that some of us here inexplicably need to provide on Benteke's behalf.

However, Benteke may improve and no one can deny he looked fit-as-a-fiddle yesterday. He may even light up the division next season and then have his agent squeeze us for even more weekly readies to save us the large fee for a new striker. But having Benteke walk out for nothing is a risk we should take. I say buy another striker and give Bentke three months to stake a claim for a starting berth ahead of the new guy. IF Benteke performs to the level that he want to keep him, we offer a new deal on around 60-70K wages, no more. If Benteke thinks we somehow owe him more, tell him the alternative is we'll run down the contract, that he'll be benched ( unless injuries occur ) and good effing luck finding anyone next summer who'll do better in wages for possibly the most underperforming Premier League striker around. Going forward past the current contract, the onus to perform and share risk must be also borne by him now, morally and sensibly.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 10-07-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:50 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Fully agree with that Southgate.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:51 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffotheEagle View Post
If his injury was that bad (bad enough to affect his play that much) he wouldn't have been playing in the first place. I just cannot accept that a slight injury and a lack confidence could have made him so poor for so long. I also don't believe that he's suddenly going to get it back? He hasn't in the past when he got the odd goal.

Perhaps I didn't phrase it right; clearly we are going to be stuck with his wages as his performances have largely been that bad that no one will take him off our hands. People buy strikers to get goals and other than the odd header he doesn't look like ever scoring again.
If you read the article on him after the game on Tuesday you would know that he returned to last seasons pre-season injury free but in one game he felt serious pain in his knee and i assume he tried to play through it at the beginning of the season. Point is that he had 2 injuries over the past 2 seasons.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:57 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Out of interest, how does ‘working hard to sell Benteke’ look like in reality?

Stay up till the wee small hours cold calling every club in the world in the vein hope one won’t mind paying 120k a week for a striker who’s scored 4 goals in 2 seasons?

Make a video of Ben’s best bits and try and make it go viral hoping someone doesn’t recall the last 2 years?
Add a euro high tempo dance track with horrible noises to the video and watch the views soar.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:17 PM

Shifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not say
he looked sharp last pre season and look how his season turned out
Old 10-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Out of interest, how does ‘working hard to sell Benteke’ look like in reality?

Stay up till the wee small hours cold calling every club in the world in the vein hope one won’t mind paying 120k a week for a striker who’s scored 4 goals in 2 seasons?

Make a video of Ben’s best bits and try and make it go viral hoping someone doesn’t recall the last 2 years?
Add a euro high tempo dance track with horrible noises to the video and watch the views soar.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:23 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty97 View Post
he looked sharp last pre season and look how his season turned out
He got injured
Old 10-07-2019, 08:43 PM

Shifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not sayShifty97 knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
He got injured
but when he was fit, the majority of the time he was far from impressive
Old 10-07-2019, 08:58 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
Genuinely not sure if trolling.
We've been asking that question of GF for years ...
Old 10-07-2019, 09:07 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
The only way Benteke would be "on fire" in training is if someone had lit his flatulence.

Rubbish player. Turns up once every twenty games for a half decent 45mins.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
The only way Benteke would be "on fire" in training is if someone had lit his flatulence.

Rubbish player. Turns up once every twenty games for a half decent 45mins.

Explain his first season with us then.

This is utter f*cking bollocks.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Hamsey U13+U12

eagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagles073 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Even with the last 2 seasons, he still averages better then a goal every 3 games. Good luck, on our budget finding a replacement and we all know we won't spend the money needed, or maybe Sorloths the answer ����