Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-07-2019, 07:50 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
FYP Podcast 2019/20

I can't see another thread on this, so not sure why as the previous years threads are always good value.

Welcome back boys - I see they are back for another season kicking off with the pre season pod in Switzerland. A good listen, if not a little downbeat which I suppose is expected after the last two displays.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-07-2019, 08:14 AM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I felt completely depressed after listening... FYP is normally fairly positive so to hear that they are on suicide watch after two weeks of pre season without many regular starters makes me fear for the season ahead.. I guess that this being Palace though it is probably better than dreaming of Europe.
Old 15-07-2019, 09:12 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Must say I was quite shocked - FYP usually manages to be quite objective and balance and avoids over reacting but if I'd listened to that out of context you'd have to forgive me for thinking we were months into a season and down and out rather than two games into pre-season with half our team unavailable.

Bit disappointing to be fair - although I think the two on with JD were culpable for completing bringing the mood down rather than him as a presenter.

Just strange to hear an FYP pod sound like a match day thread on the BBS!
Old 15-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I was looking for Penistone and Workshop posts to cheer me up.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-07-2019, 06:03 AM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Christ guys it was a friendly. I know it's frustrating about lack of signings but performance in only our second game of pre season really isn't really that big of deal, it's mostly about getting up to match sharpness, if we played young boys a few weeks further down the road it would've been much better imo.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:33 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A shame to hear such a negative stance from the fyp pod - I usually find that it's the most positive out of the two podcasts too.

We all know that Palace will leave their dealings until last minute (like we always do), so everyone just take it easy until then. We're going to be fine.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:45 AM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Disappointing pod. Such doom and negativity with little balance and context.
Jeez, it was a training game for us minus several of our top players against the Champions of Switzerland one week away from their season start.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:56 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hard to disagree with anything they said tbh, Very good points made particularly our awful home form.
Old 16-07-2019, 08:04 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I wonder, given the fact that neither JD, Andy or Rob have started a thread that they are distancing themselves from the BBS.

I really hope not because of a couple of twats previously on here being rude about them.

It could of course just be that they’re too busy to come on the BBS or are on holiday etc
Old 16-07-2019, 08:06 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The club really needs to buy a new striker to lift the mood. £15m for one of the young guys from the championship or Morelos and people will start to look forward to the season a lot more.
Old 16-07-2019, 08:12 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I wonder, given the fact that neither JD, Andy or Rob have started a thread that they are distancing themselves from the BBS.

I really hope not because of a couple of twats previously on here being rude about them.

It could of course just be that they’re too busy to come on the BBS or are on holiday etc
Honestly, I use the summer as a break from Palace generally.

I find pre-season to be a big waste of time for everyone but the team. The players are working on fitness, the club are trying to make signings and the fans try to read too much into it all. I don't think the pod was as negative as is being said, but the guys were just venting their spleens and (for some supporters) it reflects how they're feeling.

As for me, I spend so much time being invested in what happens during the season that this is a great opportunity to just step away a bit. I didn't enjoy last season much (being someone that doesn't go to that many away games) so I'm hoping a clean break brings the joy back next season.
Old 16-07-2019, 09:30 AM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post

I'm distancing myself from Rob.
Old 16-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Jim said that sometimes they feel they cant win as when the pod is.positive they get criticised for being too rosy coloured spec like, and now theyre criticised for being too negative. I did point out that they shouldnt criticise the BBS now.

Old 16-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Jim said that sometimes they feel they cant win as when the pod is.positive they get criticised for being too rosy coloured spec like, and now theyre criticised for being too negative. I did point out that they shouldnt criticise the BBS now.
That’s always the case in these public pods, people flying about moaning for no reason. We all know pre season is no indication on how well we do over the season. It’s just a bit of fun as they were at the game I’m sure.

It would be good to have a proper pre season pod over the next week or so doing a drains up on the squad and what to look forward to ahead this season.

I imagine this will be our last season with Roy and we might be lucky enough to keep Wilf as there are no buyers so it’s going to be another season of ups and downs.

Would be great to get Woosie or some youth specalist in there to let us know about the academy and any players that might break through.
Old 16-07-2019, 09:55 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The 2 games just confirmed that without Zaha we lack any real spark and look very pedestrian . Also there is a lack of pace in the squad and as this article says it is a bit threadbare . RH isn't known for playing youngsters ( if honest not sure any are ready to be considered ) .
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-07-2019, 10:04 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
I thought it was a really good pod. I prefer the ones after defeats as they're more realistic and (perceived) negativity is prevalent in the fan base and in real life, so should rightly be represented on the pod without apology. Especially regarding things like home form, which is a valid concern where more can be done by the club.

The lads on the pod do seem overly aware of trying to remain positive in all situations, which some people like but personally I think the tone should suit the situation, even if it's perceived as negative. Trying to be positive all the time often ends up with underlying facts being glossed over and getting unnecessarily carried away. The pod where Frank de Boer joined was the most obvious example where I didn't feel like anyone properly represented those of us who 'negatively' questioned the appointment and by the end of it, we were already in Europe and FdB had moved on to Man Utd, having taken us as far as he could. Give me a realistic pod like yesterday's over that one any day.
Old 16-07-2019, 03:03 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Good realistic pod that highlights the concerns everyone has and fears going into next season. A bad start and the fanbase is going to turn on Roy.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 16-07-2019, 05:38 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Turn on Roy for the club not buying the players needed?
Old 16-07-2019, 06:15 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
Must say I was quite shocked - FYP usually manages to be quite objective and balance and avoids over reacting but if I'd listened to that out of context you'd have to forgive me for thinking we were months into a season and down and out rather than two games into pre-season with half our team unavailable.

Bit disappointing to be fair - although I think the two on with JD were culpable for completing bringing the mood down rather than him as a presenter.

Just strange to hear an FYP pod sound like a match day thread on the BBS!
Sounded like Back of the Nest they have got miserable down to an art form these days!
Old 16-07-2019, 06:27 PM
Snidey little rat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Turn on Roy for the club not buying the players needed?
Fans aren't the brightest.