Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-07-2019, 05:45 AM

selhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Have you had your Junior Gold shirt email yet?

Was told last week that they were going to be sent by the end of the week, has anyone had theirs yet as Iíve just noticed that I opted out of all communications on my sonís account so guessing that could have blocked the email?
Old 16-07-2019, 06:42 AM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Apparently, they're now being sent out this week, as we also enquired about this.
Old 16-07-2019, 08:34 AM

selhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallselhurst parkie put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Thanks for that. I will wait with baited breath then!!

Last edited by selhurst parkie; 16-07-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 16-07-2019, 11:55 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I read that Brighton did some research which showed that most kids pick the team they support for life at a relatively young age - think it was 7. So on that birthday they send all kids in the Brighton area a free home shirt in hope that will encourage more to support local team rather than one of the massive sides / sides that keep winning major trophies.
They see the cost as an investment they will get back a hundred times if just a small extra % becomes fans for life.
A really good idea I think and may be one Palace should look at.
Old 16-07-2019, 12:32 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
I read that Brighton did some research which showed that most kids pick the team they support for life at a relatively young age - think it was 7. So on that birthday they send all kids in the Brighton area a free home shirt in hope that will encourage more to support local team rather than one of the massive sides / sides that keep winning major trophies.
They see the cost as an investment they will get back a hundred times if just a small extra % becomes fans for life.
We are notoriously bad at initiatives like this, my father wasnt around growing up and whilst my grandad was a massive Palace fan he was never well enough to take me, it was only through free tickets at primary school that I got a chance to go to a real game and fell in love. Since then Palace have probably had more than their fair share of my income and without those free tickets as a kid I'd have probably gone on to support a top 6 side like the majority of kids. I always feel disheartened at cup games when there are 10,000 empty seats and no nice initiatives for kids in the area.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 16-07-2019, 01:13 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Then, what, they send them a Chelsea kit for Christmas?
Old 16-07-2019, 01:57 PM

no comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
And where are they getting the names, addresses, and dates of birth of all the kids in the area? Sounds more than a little fishy to me.
Old 16-07-2019, 02:12 PM

KolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fearKolinkosNose is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Quote:
Forest Green Rovers have a set day each year where Year 2 kids can claim a free shirt if they attend the game. A great initiative, which seems to be attracting lots of young fans.
Old 16-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by no comment View Post
And where are they getting the names, addresses, and dates of birth of all the kids in the area? Sounds more than a little fishy to me.
It's questionable, especially with GDPR regulations now, let alone sending children promotional material advertising themselves.

I guess there's probably more to it than that though, such as the parents have signed up to receive the kits?

Last edited by Dan A; 16-07-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old 16-07-2019, 03:29 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I always feel disheartened at cup games when there are 10,000 empty seats and no nice initiatives for kids in the area.
Kids prices are usually very good at cup games. For example the Tottenham FA Cup game last season, U18 tickets were £10.

And most of our home cup games are against lesser opposition than that, and are even cheaper for kids.

There is the issue with cup games that the ticket money, after VAT is taken off, has to be split between both teams and the competition pot itself, so they can't give them away for free.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 16-07-2019, 03:53 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
I emailed the club - Apparently the notification was also switched off (default perhaps?) Apparently being sent out soon...
Old 17-07-2019, 08:05 AM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Still trying to sign my son up for it - when I log in says not available for anyone!

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:50 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan A View Post
It's questionable, especially with GDPR regulations now, let alone sending children promotional material advertising themselves.

I guess there's probably more to it than that though, such as the parents have signed up to receive the kits?
It could easily be done via schools. Ask the schools how many children they have in the relevant school year, deliver that number of shirts with some promotional literature in each one - possibly a few offers if attending a match. Schools will distribute a freebie from the local club - it's community and who wouldn't accept a load of freebies - job done.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 17-07-2019, 01:23 PM

Crystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I haven't received an email yet - I am assuming this would be the email where you get to pick if you want the junior home or away kit right?

Super Kevin Phillips
Old 17-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Crystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This will be the 3rd season i have got my son a Gold Junior membership - the previous two seasons they have completely messed up the order and delivery. Fingers crossed it will be third time lucky

Super Kevin Phillips
Old 17-07-2019, 01:38 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Chris View Post
This will be the 3rd season i have got my son a Gold Junior membership - the previous two seasons they have completely messed up the order and delivery. Fingers crossed it will be third time lucky
It does feel like they havent thought it through.

If anyone gets the email through can they update this thread? Thanks.
Old 18-07-2019, 03:03 PM

Received the welcome email and to choose shirt just now

Super Kevin Phillips
Old 18-07-2019, 03:22 PM

SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?SillySod knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Me too - yippee!
Old 18-07-2019, 03:53 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Me too
Old 18-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Me not... But I didn't realise there was a separate link at the bottom of the page for people with season tickets!

Least I got him signed up.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.