Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-07-2019, 12:50 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Anyway i think we will be fine defensively with what we've got, and hopefully Tomkins and Sakho are fit for the Everton game. We will chug on and finish mid-table. My only concern is an injury or sale of Zaha because there's zero cover for him and he will be carrying the attack by himself yet again.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:51 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Presume he means Mitchell?
'a while' is pretty vague though.
He's 3rd choice, not back up. And also weren't we offering a contract to Souare?
Old 17-07-2019, 12:53 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Schlupp is fully fit isn't he?
Started ahead of Max at the weekend.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:55 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.L View Post
Curious, but tell me what's the difference between Roy's comments and those on here?

Personally don't think many on here are really 'pant-wetting' like you say, but it's clear to most of us that there is a lot of work to do to put together a competitive squad capable of starting the season well and very little sign of anything happening.

Biggest concern for me is the alarm bells ringing on how serious our financial situation has become. With our past history it is really worrying that decisions have been made that have led to us being in this situation
The difference is Roy isn't saying we will have awful results in August and be back in a relegation battle with the season a few weeks old. He says we have massive problems but doesn't say they will affect us when the season kicks off or not.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:56 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjuice View Post
It’s our manager that has said there is “enormous problems” in defence. I don’t think he would have said that if some players coming back from holidays would sort it. Or is he pant wetting too?
He may just mean we have enormous problems at the moment, doesn't mean Sakho and/ or Tomkins won't be fit for the start of the season. They might not be but he hasn't made that clear.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Yes but it's pre season and everyone needs game time. Hope Meyer is first choice left mid for Everton, PVA the left back and Schlupp capable of filling in for both.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:58 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
He may just mean we have enormous problems at the moment, doesn't mean Sakho and/ or Tomkins won't be fit for the start of the season. They might not be but he hasn't made that clear.
I spoke to tomkins in Bern, he said he still not ready...dunno if that meant for the season or pre season.
Old 17-07-2019, 01:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I suppose until we know how long Tomkins and Sakho are still out for we won’t know if the ‘enormous problems at the back’ are just a current thing that impacts our friendlies, or if this is an issue for the league kick off.
Precisely
Old 17-07-2019, 01:04 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
He's 3rd choice, not back up. And also weren't we offering a contract to Souare?
I think with Schlupp being moved to a midfield role much more last season, some assume that he may not be viewed as our second choice left back anymore. No idea if they are right or if Woosie knows more about that than the rest of us, which is possible.
Old 17-07-2019, 01:10 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Is that correct though? It was a friendly so players always rotate. When Max did come on he played with Schlupp, not in place of him.
Old 17-07-2019, 01:22 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
Is that correct though? It was a friendly so players always rotate. When Max did come on he played with Schlupp, not in place of him.
Palace: Guaita, Van Aanholt, Dann (Woods 67), Kelly (Riedewald 67), Ward, Schlupp, Milivojevic, McArthur (Dreher 86), Townsend, Sorloth (Meyer 45), Benteke (Wickham 67).

Subs: Henderson, Flanagan, Daly.

Looks petty much the strongest XI starting, only other area is Sorloth over Wickham where we know Zaha will slot in when available.

I hope it is not the case but i do worry we will see Max behind Schluup in the pecking order again.
Old 17-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Lordashenden

Lordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgrande View Post
I spoke to tomkins in Bern, he said he still not ready...dunno if that meant for the season or pre season.
Did you not think to ask
Old 17-07-2019, 01:28 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgrande View Post
Never meet your heroes
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 17-07-2019, 01:28 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
"Pant-wetting". The default response from any BBS'er with no imagination.
Or foresight. .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 17-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Tomkins and Sakho do appear to have body parts with the structural integrity of chocolate. Kelly and Dann are able understudies though.
Not completely true .... Ever ready Kelly is the RoboCop of the squad!
Old 17-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyandy View Post
Not really something for this thread, but I think this is one of the things that winds me up the most. Apart from the videos from Chris Grierson and co, club PR and comms are terrible - and there's no reason for them to be. It's basic stuff that (like the stadium "experience") always seems to be ignored.
We don't have a stadium we have a ground ... Selhurst Park ... One day it might become a stadium but its long way away.
Old 17-07-2019, 01:55 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
I was ridiculed on here when I stated we needed six signings this season, with at least two quality international level. People now starting to wake up!
Hope you plan to chip in and pay for them then!
Old 17-07-2019, 01:57 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordashenden View Post
Did you not think to ask
If he'd been at Mr Pickwick's since opening time, he'd have been lucky to say anything intelligible at all!
Old 17-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
I imagine that this is a comment on the current situation rather than a long term problem, if there is one area we do have cover it is in defence. We obviously need a right back, but we do have Sakho, Tomkins, Dann, Kelly, Kouyate and Riedewald who can all play at centre half, and PVA/Schlupp are two PL quality left backs.
Nobody has ever seen Riedewald manage to jump into the air so I'm not so sure.
Old 17-07-2019, 02:40 PM

Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Eaglez has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Regarding Tomkins and Sakho, I love them as a pair but they are both injured at least once a season if not twice. We need 3 quality CBs so must sign someone like Cahill. People will worry about who to start but we won't have the luxury of making that choice very often I suspect.