Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to the season starting?
Yes 244 46.74%
No 278 53.26%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2019, 09:21 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
Not looking forward to this season as much as previous ones.

The things that i am not looking forward to this year are the new rule changes and the introduction of VAR ruining the game as a fan in the stadium taking away the spontaneous goal celebrations and the prolonged game time.

Seems like catering very much to the TV audience rather than the fans who attend matches.
This with bells on, it wont be the money that finally ruins the game it will be the use of VAR
Old 17-07-2019, 09:22 AM

*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We will finish top half

COYP
Old 17-07-2019, 09:22 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Attitude is a choice. People are choosing to be negative, and should think very carefully about the way the behave and act - before we have a toxic fan base on our hands.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
There seems to be a large amount of negativity on here (as always) and other social media platforms at the moment. This has not been helped from selling one of our best defenders, continual talk of the possibility Wilf going, signing no one of note (as yet), having injuries to our two main central defenders and not winning one of our first pre-season games (not including the pen shoot out). Lots can change in the next 3 weeks however, or get worse......

So, are you looking forward to the season starting in 25 days - Yes or no?

(f--k the moo option on this poll)
Crystal Palace v Everton - 1 pt
Sheffield United v Crystal Palace - 3 pts
Manchester United v Crystal Palace - 0 pts
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - 3 pts
Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace - 0 pts
Crystal Palace v Wolverhampton Wanderers - 1 pt
Crystal Palace v Norwich City - 3 pts

Our seven August & September fixtures should yield around 11 points by my reckoning, but we'll only be on 4/5 points which is then 6/7 points off mid-table pace already. The new signings wont be ready for Everton or Sheff Utd and will come in for Man Utd away, which is invariably a defeat anyway, so no debut hat-tricks or suchlike. Pressure will then be on already and we'll be labelled as 'in a relegation scrap' going in to Wolves on 2 points or something while the promoted sides have their usual early season enthusiasm to earn them some useful points to get them going. Cue another season of 'prudent' football to get us to 12th.

Feels like same old same old but we need to be careful what we wish for. Currently looking forward to the Ashes more than PL...maybe when they're finished, CPFC can get started.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:36 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
We're a bunch of sensitive souls aren't we.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:42 AM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I always do.

We will sign some new players in the next few weeks and we will stay up again.

I see no reason for all the negativity.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:59 AM

Miklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I feel much more comfortable going into a season in a negative frame of mind. It means we can go back to wildly celebrating gritty 1-0 victories instead of losing our minds over unlucky 1-0 losses.
Old 17-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
It would be utterly bizarre to not be looking forward to a new season. Competitive football that I genuinely care about, rather than pretending to care about international football, men or women.
Old 17-07-2019, 10:09 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From my perspective it means 9 months of getting up at stupid o'clock to watch the games live on a feckin' tablet.

But still - in a rather masochistic way - I'm looking forward to it. Apart from anything else it means the poxy transfer window will have shut, and we'll at least know where we are with Wilf for better or worse.
Old 17-07-2019, 10:31 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't say I am particularly excited, that's in part because our home form last season was so poor, and also in part because we don't seem that bothered about strengthening the side, with goal scoring still likely to be a problem and it seems a few injury worries at the back as well. I think there's a bit of a mentality at the club that a poor start can be overcome, as the side 'comes good in the end', which to be fair it has done so far. But given the way we didn't even try to attack some of the top sides last season, and Roy's reluctance to change things and use subs, I have a sneaky feeling this could be another long slog and with our run-in perhaps too close this time. I've already decided not too come to the Man City home game so that a family member can come in my place! (and not that fussed about it either)

But I'm in holiday mode and enjoying the cricket, so not yet football focussed
Old 17-07-2019, 10:39 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
The more negative going into the season the better for me, the whole place has been so complacent the last few seasons, hopefully we can restore a bit of Palace vs the PL again instead of Palace are PL.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 17-07-2019, 10:44 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
I can't get into football unitl the cricket season is over. The season is just far too long
Old 17-07-2019, 10:44 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Feels like it has come around too quickly . Just hope we can somehow have a better start to the season and not always be flirting with relegation . Maybe realistically we always will until eventually get relegated . Finally whether we keep Zaha or not , we need to find a way of not being so reliant on him .
Old 17-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Crystal Palace v Everton - 1 pt
Sheffield United v Crystal Palace - 3 pts
Manchester United v Crystal Palace - 0 pts
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - 3 pts
Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace - 0 pts
Crystal Palace v Wolverhampton Wanderers - 1 pt
Crystal Palace v Norwich City - 3 pts

Our seven August & September fixtures should yield around 11 points by my reckoning, but we'll only be on 4/5 points which is then 6/7 points off mid-table pace already. The new signings wont be ready for Everton or Sheff Utd and will come in for Man Utd away, which is invariably a defeat anyway, so no debut hat-tricks or suchlike. Pressure will then be on already and we'll be labelled as 'in a relegation scrap' going in to Wolves on 2 points or something while the promoted sides have their usual early season enthusiasm to earn them some useful points to get them going. Cue another season of 'prudent' football to get us to 12th.

Feels like same old same old but we need to be careful what we wish for. Currently looking forward to the Ashes more than PL...maybe when they're finished, CPFC can get started.
I think (could be wrong!)

That the last 2 players to score league hatricks at old Trafford are Dennis Bailey and Kevin Mabbutt..

Last edited by gold76; 17-07-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 17-07-2019, 11:21 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
More than half the voters are not looking forward to the season starting 🤣
Old 17-07-2019, 11:25 AM

CPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
No, I fear this may be a season too far..

I'm not usually one of the moaners either!
Same. Not feeling all that optimistic, to be honest.
Old 17-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Block E Still, Main Stand

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
More than half the voters are not looking forward to the season starting 🤣
They can't have supported Palace for very long then, feels like a typical lead up to a new season for quite a few years!!
Old 17-07-2019, 12:39 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
My enthusiasm for Palace has never been less. There’s an ocean between by joy and excitement of attending games say ten years ago compared to now. I think now I see the club for what it is and how clumsily it is run, how we make the same mistakes again and again. I’ll always go but it’s been really refreshing not having to drag myself to Selhurst since the end of last season.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:48 PM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
No, I fear this may be a season too far..

I'm not usually one of the moaners either!
I'm not looking forward to this season either but partly because I don't think we'll do anything of note and partly because I don't think we'll be in the running to go down either - so more of the same.

As bleak as things look - poor showing in pre-season so far, the sale of AWB and no signings to get excited about - we have a number of players currently unavailable who are more than capable. Add on to that three promoted teams, plus Brighton and Newcastle who don't look like progressing, if anything getting worse, we won't be looking like getting the chop I don't think.
Old 17-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Last year lacked a little sparkle. Guess for the first time in a while we weren't fighting for honours nor were we ever in a relegation scrap. Mid table mediocrity happened fairly early on so all a bit flat really.

This season on the other hand...…………………………….