Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to the season starting?
Yes 244 46.74%
No 278 53.26%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2019, 04:58 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
I am in a way, and not at the same time.

We seem to perform better when the chips are down, but it's becoming tiresome missing out on good players. I know it's only mid July but it's not like we only need a couple of players, we need at least 5 players in my eyes.

It would be just nice to get some information from SP publicly as to what the plan and approach is going forwards.

I'll still be like a kid at Christmas come the Saturday morning of the Everton game but I do feel more pessimistic than usual.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:01 PM

bob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
not optimistic I'm afraid. usual 7-9 points by the end of October & struggle from then. Sorry to the die-hard.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Can’t say I’m looking forward to it at all. I’ve enjoyed the break. Nothing that a few new signings wouldn’t turn around though.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I always look forward to the start of the season - it's the annual triumph of hope over experience. Maybe - just maybe - this year, the stars will align for us, and it will be the season that we'll all look back on with pride when we're old and grey...

However, on the strength of the pre season so far, it looks as if my optimism is going to be sorely tested!
Old 17-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
In terms of being back in Selhurst and getting back into that routine yes, cricket, tennis and international tournaments don't quite make up for watching us go from beating City to losing to Southampton or some shit. Also, the singing section

in terms of the actual football, no. We've got **** all to spend evidently, any new players will take a while to settle, we were boring to watch at SP, we don't have a goalscorer, the squad is unbalanced, we're falling behind our rivals and our GOAT may well leave in which case we might as well form a queue to jump head first off the Holmesdale roof

Last edited by danpalace07; 20-07-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:31 PM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Dunno myself, I think I miss the first 4 home games due to holidays and other things.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:58 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm a James McArthur extension away from proper salivation territory.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm planning on flying back for it, so yeah I guess.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 17-07-2019, 09:06 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was until it became clear we have sold our 2nd best player and seem to have no plan. So what's new??
Old 17-07-2019, 09:41 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace finished the season strongly and were 3rd in the current form table when it ended.

Players have left and some will be back after returning from injury and there is still time to bring players in either permanently or on loan which will be the case.

9th favourites for relegation does not envisage a season of struggle as some are predicting.

COYP
Old 17-07-2019, 09:54 PM

Alfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for you
I'm not looking forward to VAR , it's just for armchair fans , we won't have a clue what's going on, and will probably be a waste of time celebrating a goal,
Old 17-07-2019, 10:00 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whilst it does seem like they are issues at the club both on and off the pitch, I wonder if many, if not most, PL clubs face similar problems. I would be really worried if I was a Newcastle, Burnley or Brighton fan for example. Bournemouth finished poorly again last season and are surely going to be in the mix. I havenít seen much from the 3 clubs coming up to convince me they arenít going to struggle. We always seem to ride our luck every season but we do have a very experienced manager and team. Despite the anxieties last season, we actually finished reasonably comfortably.

So Iím not massively worried at the moment but that might change if we lose Wilf and donít find adequate replacements (very possible scenario admittedly). Unfortunately many of the problems are a reality for a club our size but we are not alone in this situation and that may just be enough. I do worry what will happen season after next when I imagine Roy will be retiring.
Old 17-07-2019, 10:54 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its looking grim i dont think Steve parish wants to live in Thornton heath anymore
Old 18-07-2019, 05:45 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Not particularly. It does feel a bit like we have stalled as a club and possibly reached the peak of the current owners ambitions.
SPOT ON. We peaked June 2018 and it’s been downhill and depressing ever since imho.
Old 18-07-2019, 05:52 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
Its looking grim i dont think Steve parish wants to live in Thornton heath anymore
Steve Parishís body language changed in 2019. Think he is bored and has given up. Mid-table mediocrity here we come. Despite being incredibly dull, and then losing our brightest light from last season over the summer, we could still have our best season in terms of final league position 2019/2020. But we mustnít kid ourselves, we are firmly on a downward trajectory.
Old 18-07-2019, 05:54 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
SPOT ON. We peaked June 2018 and itís been downhill and depressing ever since imho.
We peaked in 2015
Old 18-07-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
I'm a James McArthur extension away from proper salivation territory.
Old 18-07-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
We peaked in 2015
We didnít, we peaked with Cabaye and RLC playing champagne football at the end of the 2017/18 season.
Old 18-07-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace finished the season strongly and were 3rd in the current form table when it ended.

Players have left and some will be back after returning from injury and there is still time to bring players in either permanently or on loan which will be the case.

9th favourites for relegation does not envisage a season of struggle as some are predicting.

COYP
No one is predicting struggle if Zaha stays. We are all predicting mid table obscurity as your facts point to. Glad there’s still one person on here though who is flying the flag for the optimistic fans. Keep it up, and ignore the haters, I find your take on things a refreshing change to the usual doom and gloom on here
Old 18-07-2019, 06:08 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
I can't say I am particularly excited, that's in part because our home form last season was so poor, and also in part because we don't seem that bothered about strengthening the side, with goal scoring still likely to be a problem and it seems a few injury worries at the back as well. I think there's a bit of a mentality at the club that a poor start can be overcome, as the side 'comes good in the end', which to be fair it has done so far. But given the way we didn't even try to attack some of the top sides last season, and Roy's reluctance to change things and use subs, I have a sneaky feeling this could be another long slog and with our run-in perhaps too close this time. I've already decided not too come to the Man City home game so that a family member can come in my place! (and not that fussed about it either)

But I'm in holiday mode and enjoying the cricket, so not yet football focussed
Thinking about this some more, I feel we are becoming the new Newcastle, with Parish following the Mike Ashley model of spending only just enough to keep us up... that thinking probably came about, about the time of Pardew's last six months with the talk of re-modelling how we play to become more expansive, and then realising we couldn't afford it.