Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-07-2019, 06:51 AM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
To be honest it's overrated. On an average game most of the time all you can hear is about 100 HF and the drum, which can get irritating at times. Of course when things are going well, which is rare, and the whole ground is singing then it's something else but that doesn't happen often.
Whilst I agree it’s not what it was, it’s still a drum and 100 HFs more than most other clubs’ atmospheres.
Old 18-07-2019, 06:54 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Did they seriously asked people in the Arfur?

Pissy bogs, dangerous crush, cramped leg room, shitty view, no lounge facilities, not much in way of bars, wanky stewards, no goals..

I'm a cynical grumpy bastard, but that doesn't seem like much of an experience!
Pissy bogs, I've seen worse
dangerous crush, only at half time
cramped leg room, I stand so never noticed it
shitty view, only the back 4 rows and the odd support
no lounge facilities, agreed but not sure i would use it
not much in way of bars, as above
wanky stewards, no problems all last season
no goals, the goals are at the Holmesdale and Whitehorse ends.

Old 18-07-2019, 07:13 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
You missed COYP at the end of your post.
Old 18-07-2019, 07:32 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Away fans love it because it takes them back to their youth, we throw them a party on the concourse and dress them in free clothing...... oh and often gift box them 3 points!

Also, we do sing and chant and definitely do not use clappers.

I can see why they do love coming to our gaff.

Last edited by andyocpfc; 18-07-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old 18-07-2019, 08:21 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
The seats at Spurs were the worst that I have experienced in the Premier League as when seated your legs were pushed up against the metal bar behind the seat in front.

They have put in an extra row of seats at the expense of legroom to maximise capacity.

Pleased that Palace have not done this in the Holmesdale End at Selhurst Park.

At many grounds clubs create an artificial atmosphere by piping crowd noise through their speaker system, thankfully Palace do not need to do this.

Your matchday experience will be determined by where you are located in the ground.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:03 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
The seats at Spurs were the worst that I have experienced in the Premier League as when seated your legs were pushed up against the metal bar behind the seat in front.

They have put in an extra row of seats at the expense of legroom to maximise capacity.

Pleased that Palace have not done this in the Holmesdale End at Selhurst Park.

At many grounds clubs create an artificial atmosphere by piping crowd noise through their speaker system, thankfully Palace do not need to do this.

Your matchday experience will be determined by where you are located in the ground.
The new spurs ground is superb. The problem with wembley and the emirates has always been shallow rakes and too much space between seats so the atmosphere isn't intense enough.

Selhurst is what it is. Poor facilities with two side stands unfit for purpose. Quite why anyone would claim it's the second best experience in the league is frankly bizarre. It's not.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:20 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Will this horseshit decision stall work on the AW?

Actually I think I know the answer to that already.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:23 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
The Holmesdale could have been great, but it's never looked finished to me. It's like the builders took a tea break and forgot to come back. It's far to cramped on the concourses because the problems with the basement areas were never resolved. Great views, generally, but it could have been so much better.
Its a shame the basement is flooded, if they had built the bowling alley, at least we could sneak off for a game if Palace are getting stuffed..

STRIKE!
Old 18-07-2019, 09:27 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
The Holmesdale terrace before the pens installed was just fantastic. Massive and full of character/s. Electrifying on important nights. If I wasn’t at a night game as a kid i could still hear the roar sometimes when in my back garden in Norbury. Legendary punch ups too in the middle/back of the terrace. Arsenal 1980. We’re talking crowds of between 28000 and 52,000 here when the noise went up three gears. Other times the Holmesdale could be very quiet too but when a match had an edge - WOW!
Even in more recent times in was fun..

Beating Liverpool, 30th December 1990, Palace at the peak of our powers

Chelsea cup game early 93, pissing down with rain, Coleman scoring in the mud, ooh ah George Ndah, coca cola kid Grant Watts
Old 18-07-2019, 09:40 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
The Holmesdale terrace before the pens installed was just fantastic. Massive and full of character/s. Electrifying on important nights. If I wasn’t at a night game as a kid i could still hear the roar sometimes when in my back garden in Norbury. Legendary punch ups too in the middle/back of the terrace. Arsenal 1980. We’re talking crowds of between 28000 and 52,000 here when the noise went up three gears. Other times the Holmesdale could be very quiet too but when a match had an edge - WOW!
On the few occasions I wasn't at Palace as a kid, I'd be playing football over Thornton Heath rec and you knew when we'd scored because you could hear the crowd from there too.
Old 18-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Keeping The Faith

For another thread, but I heard the crowd at a game walking down Queens Road, by the cemetery, years ago, Leeds were at Selhurst, must be at least a mile away as the crow flies
Old 18-07-2019, 10:46 AM

Smithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithy52 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's a experience alright .
Old 18-07-2019, 12:18 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
The Emirates is one of the worst grounds for atmosphere but it was a very enjoyable experience this year as Christian Benteke tore the Arsenal defence apart in one of the most impressive displays by a player in premier league history
Old 18-07-2019, 12:29 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Marco Van Basten tells his grandkids about Benteke's display that day.
Old 18-07-2019, 12:49 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post

Chelsea cup game early 93, pissing down with rain, Coleman scoring in the mud, ooh ah George Ndah, coca cola kid Grant Watts
**** me it was wet that night wasn't it. Still managed to inhale Coleman's effort over the line didn't we
Old 18-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
Pissy bogs, I've seen worse
dangerous crush, only at half time
cramped leg room, I stand so never noticed it
shitty view, only the back 4 rows and the odd support
no lounge facilities, agreed but not sure i would use it
not much in way of bars, as above
wanky stewards, no problems all last season
no goals, the goals are at the Holmesdale and Whitehorse ends.
Spot on.

If you want to watch football in a good atmosphere (usually) and enjoy the company of some like-minded people then the Arfur is great.

If you want to eat, drink and piss in luxurious surroundings, then it leaves something to be desired.
Old 18-07-2019, 05:15 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
**** me it was wet that night wasn't it. Still managed to inhale Coleman's effort over the line didn't we
I was wetting myself as Coleman celebrated as the ball was still fighting a barely winning battle with the swamp as it trundled towards the goal line. Great Selhurst night.
Old 18-07-2019, 09:33 PM

palace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Arthur’s brill! I’ve been in there for years. Good atmosphere, good side on view near the halfway line. The facilities are v cramped at halftime but if you get there early you can always get a beer and a burger easily enough. Also if you need the toilet there’s often stoppages during the match when you can head to the loo to beat the half time queues.

One of the best concourses was Cardiff, it was massive! One section selling drinks only and you could just walk up at anytime to get some food or drinks.
Old 19-07-2019, 01:42 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Scro

Spurs is not a superb ground it was cramped in Block 118 and has an inadequate transport system serving the ground with some of the most inept untrained stewards inside and outside the ground who did not even know what the away fan arrangements were or where we were located.

As for noise they piped fans singing Spurs songs through their speaker system as was shown in a Youtube video taken before the game in an empty stadium.

25 minutes to get to Spurs and 90 minutes to get home shows how ridiculous the current transport arrangements are for the size of the crowds.
Old 19-07-2019, 01:17 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Scro

Spurs is not a superb ground it was cramped in Block 118 and has an inadequate transport system serving the ground with some of the most inept untrained stewards inside and outside the ground who did not even know what the away fan arrangements were or where we were located.

As for noise they piped fans singing Spurs songs through their speaker system as was shown in a Youtube video taken before the game in an empty stadium.

25 minutes to get to Spurs and 90 minutes to get home shows how ridiculous the current transport arrangements are for the size of the crowds.
You are wrong.. simple as that. I was also in that block.

It's one of the best stadiums in the country. There are lots of alternative options other than just rocking up to the local tube as well. It's not the easiest transport wise but it's still a fantastic ground.. anyone arguing for selhurst over that is simply a headbanger that can't see straight for their palace specs.