Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-06-2019, 04:55 PM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anybody Recognise this player from 1969/70

Following on from the success of identifying two players from 1967/68, can anybody recognise this player from 1969/70 season.

He is shown in the team group second row from the top, third player in from the right in between Tom Vansittart and Alan Morton.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABC47284.jpg (402.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg ABC47285.jpg (981.6 KB, 123 views)
Old 19-06-2019, 06:21 AM

tony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Never seen that group picture before, was not in 'The Advertiser'. easier to say who the player is not rather than who is! Looking at my reserve team lineups as the player is with the senior ones. The only one I do not recognise is Iain Crawford! Interesting to note that John Loughlan is not in any team groups for that season. Perhaps on holiday?
Old 19-06-2019, 09:19 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
[QUOTE=tony 1947;14794441]Never seen that group picture before, was not in 'The Advertiser'. QUOTE]

A very similar picture, taken from a slightly different angle, is in the centre pages of the 1969-70 Handbook.

John Loughlan's face has been added as an afterthought in the top right corner.

Other slight differences are that Brian Snowdon (top row) has his hand on his chin and George Petchey (third row far right) has not got his hand on his head.

Good news - all the names are given.

Looking at the one player and this line-up it may be John Corrigan or Steve Kilby. Give me a few minutes and I'll scan and post.
Old 19-06-2019, 09:27 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1969-70.jpg (907.1 KB, 69 views)
Old 19-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Bobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Iím fairly sure itís John Corrigan
Old 19-06-2019, 10:19 PM

tony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes well found Ian . It must have been taken early close season to include John Corrigan, Bryan Snowdon and Micky Cook because they all had left before the start of the season. The one I thought it might have been did not sign until September.
Old 20-06-2019, 06:57 AM

Looking at that club photo, it is hard for me to imagine it was taken possibly next month 50 years ago! The excitement at that time for the club and us supporters who were around then was great. First Division for the first time in the clubs history. And Manchester United home first game! A brand new stand but if you look at the picture the stand was not yet finished, many fans helped out to get it more or less ready for that game. I got my first ever season ticket for the new enclosure I think it cost £9. If you want to see one Ian King's is in the Croydon Museum at the main Library. Two new signings of course from Scotland Gerry Queen and Roger Hynd also a former Amateur Alan Pinkney and then Danish player Per Bartram signed from Morton right at the start. Then the adventure began.......
Old 20-06-2019, 03:36 PM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks to everybody especially Ian King in coming up with an answer.

Until the next mystery player!!
Old 20-06-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony 1947 View Post
Looking at that club photo, it is hard for me to imagine it was taken possibly next month 50 years ago! The excitement at that time for the club and us supporters who were around then was great. First Division for the first time in the clubs history. And Manchester United home first game! A brand new stand but if you look at the picture the stand was not yet finished, many fans helped out to get it more or less ready for that game. I got my first ever season ticket for the new enclosure I think it cost £9. If you want to see one Ian King's is in the Croydon Museum at the main Library. Two new signings of course from Scotland Gerry Queen and Roger Hynd also a former Amateur Alan Pinkney and then Danish player Per Bartram signed from Morton right at the start. Then the adventure began.......
Photo from the same pre season photo call Bert Head with his three signings detailed by Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AK123.jpg (612.9 KB, 48 views)