Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-04-2019, 12:47 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Parkrun @ Beckenham tomorrow - hoping I can get near my time from a couple of weeks ago to confirm improvements.

The Race Organiser sent me a 20% off code for their runs if booked by Sunday. Signed up for a 10k in Victoria Park in June for under £13.

Feel free to use it - EGGSTRA20
Old 26-04-2019, 01:14 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I use Injinji Toe socks. Like gloves for feet. Only problem is if you dont cut your big toe nail regularly... But they have never given me a blister.

I also am pro getting my running shoes a size bigger... But I guess that depends on your own preference.
Old 26-04-2019, 01:28 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations on the best socks to wear. Obviously don't want to get any old socks but would rather not have to pay silly money. Decathlon do some Kalenji socks and I have their running shoes.

I'm going to do the Caterham Rotary half marathon in July so any general tips on what to expect from that would be much appreciated too.
I'm with whoever it was that suggested X-Socks, they are my favourite brand though you do tend to pay over a tenner for a pair so more than Kalenji I'd say. Mind you, shop around (wiggle, amazon, sweatshop etc) and you may be able to find them on sale cheaper.

As for the Caterham half, I've done it twice. First time I actually won it and got a decent wedge of prize money. Second time around I was 4 1/2 minutes faster but was 2nd or 3rd (can't remember now). Anyway, course is a 2 lapper. Quite hilly, and the last hill is at the end of each lap so you'll notice it. Roads aren't closed so there are cars, but it's quite quiet on the whole and well marshalled so not a problem. Not sure what else to say but if you can think of anything specific then feel free to ask and I'll try and remember!

CP parkrun this weekend Woosie? Go on, you know you want to! Better than South Norwood eh Cant Spell
Old 26-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
So i went for a 7k run around the Isle of Dogs at lunch today and just before leaving thought it best to empty the bladder as the run was likely to take a good 45 mins. About 2 mins into the run, my bladder suddenly felt full again. I decided i would just stop at the nearest pub/restaurant. When i finally got there i was absolutely aching for a piss, whipped the old boy out and low and behold the urge subsided and the most pathetic of dibbles ebbed put. Fair doís, off i run again. Within about 15 seconds, my bladder starts to feel full and the more i run the more it feels like Iím desperate for a piss. I tried to piss agin a few Km down the road with no joy.

Eventually i just decided to carry on running and suffer the sensation.

Eventually get back to work and again next to nothing comes out.

Iíve still hot the sensation now with next to no piss coming out.

Wtf?
Old 26-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by che12345 View Post
I'm with whoever it was that suggested X-Socks, they are my favourite brand though you do tend to pay over a tenner for a pair so more than Kalenji I'd say. Mind you, shop around (wiggle, amazon, sweatshop etc) and you may be able to find them on sale cheaper.

As for the Caterham half, I've done it twice. First time I actually won it and got a decent wedge of prize money. Second time around I was 4 1/2 minutes faster but was 2nd or 3rd (can't remember now). Anyway, course is a 2 lapper. Quite hilly, and the last hill is at the end of each lap so you'll notice it. Roads aren't closed so there are cars, but it's quite quiet on the whole and well marshalled so not a problem. Not sure what else to say but if you can think of anything specific then feel free to ask and I'll try and remember!

CP parkrun this weekend Woosie? Go on, you know you want to! Better than South Norwood eh Cant Spell
Just had a look at those socks, that's some serious price for a pair of socks! I bought some Kalenji ones after work this evening. Working within walking distance of Decathlon in Croydon is handy. Also bought a pair of their shorts. Been wearing Nike ones but thought I'd give them a go.

Cheers for the info about the Caterham half marathon. I had heard there were a couple of hills which had I known beforehand maybe I wouldn't have signed up haha. In all seriouness that's alright as when I run there's a slope down the road that Whyteleafe FC is on, and just beyond Whyteleafe station is a hill. How steep would you say the hills are?

I'm going to join the gym as well to try to increase my strength as I'm just flesh and bone really.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice.

I'll probably do a parkrun tour eventually, but for now Riddlesdown is fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
I use MoreMile socks, cheap ones which are good for a few months. I think they're about on par with more expensive socks but they don't last as long as the more expensive ones.
I actually have these but I found after doing parkrun last week I wanted something to give my toes a bit more protection.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 26-04-2019, 07:46 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Iím at old deer parkrun (not named after me) meeting up with someone that I bumped into getting lost going to Dartford Heath
Old 26-04-2019, 08:04 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good Luck and take care to any Palace running the Marathon.

Weather looks perfect.

Leaving Canary Wharf and heading for the Embankment was always the worse part for me.

The Lucozade drinks certainly gave me a Ďkick and liftí.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:16 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Came 37th in Riddlesdown parkrun today, 30 places higher than last week but more importantly I smashed my time.

22:30 which is not far off two minutes quicker than last week, on a far more blustery day.

Absolutely delighted with that effort and my fastest ever 5k time by about 15 seconds

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 27-04-2019, 11:58 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Great work Woosie.

I’ve been terrible in using running socks. Think I may need to invest in a couple of pairs considering the amount I do!
Old 27-04-2019, 12:39 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Came 37th in Riddlesdown parkrun today, 30 places higher than last week but more importantly I smashed my time.

22:30 which is not far off two minutes quicker than last week, on a far more blustery day.

Absolutely delighted with that effort and my fastest ever 5k time by about 15 seconds
Nice work Matt. Especially because, as you point out, it was bloody windy out there, and Riddlesdown is exposed. Hopefully that gives you the motivation to kick on and break through the next barrier - 22 mins

I managed to shave a full second from my last time at Beckenham two weeks ago, so not quite in your 2 minutes quicker league! I got lucky today in that the top end of the field was nowhere near as quick as it usually is, so whereas two weeks ago I was just inside the top 20, today I came home as 4th finisher with a near identical time. I nearly blew it though as I forgot my barcode - cue a mad dash home to collect it and back to the park to just about catch the volunteer scanners as they were packing up. Phew.

Good luck to all those running London tomorrow. Looks like near perfect running weather - cloudy, 12-14 degrees.

Last edited by tasty_snacks; 27-04-2019 at 12:41 PM.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:

Damn you Woosie - 2nd park run for me today too and was chasing your last week's time. Went from 28:28 to 25:45 - 160th to 65th - and was feeling right pleased with myself - massive headwind in face for half of it too - and then I read the above.

Bloody fantastic time - well done
Old 27-04-2019, 01:01 PM
100% behind SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Damn you Woosie - 2nd park run for me today too and was chasing your last week's time. Went from 28:28 to 25:45 - 160th to 65th - and was feeling right pleased with myself - massive headwind in face for half of it too - and then I read the above.
Damn straight you should feel deflated. Nearly 3 minutes off your time is shit.

Good job

Celebratory beers for both of you tonight I think.
Old 27-04-2019, 01:04 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:

Great run in very tricky conditions well done!
Old 27-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Damn straight you should feel deflated. Nearly 3 minutes off your time is shit.

Good job

Celebratory beers for both of you tonight I think.
Ta, tasty. And will do
Old 27-04-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Great run in very tricky conditions well done!
So much for my cat nap. Should not have checked this thread. It's addictive
Old 27-04-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
So much for my cat nap. Should not have checked this thread. It's addictive

If it keeps you doing it thatís good. Guarantee you wonít have that wind next week and the time will come down again.

Great to see 2 new runners in you and Woosie
Old 27-04-2019, 10:31 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Yep.

I’ve found but by putting something on writing here has made things a lot easier for me.

This has included writing updates for no other reason than my own, but to document.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:49 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I’ve done 1,237km since Nov 2016 which is the equivalent of London to Madrid. Probably get a flight back.
Old 28-04-2019, 11:40 AM
100% behind SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario View Post
I am doing london as well, looking to get under 2:50 this year.

Should be doable after doing a 59:14 ten miler on Sunday at the Towpath 10
Tom's looking good at the 35k mark - current predicted finish 2:48:24 with very steady splits.

How good is Kipchoge?! My word.
Old 28-04-2019, 01:35 PM

Just a heads up for those who don't quite understand the Parkrun age-group percentages like myself until yesterday. So if you are graded 70% + you are said to be good enough as regional level runner representative. 60% + is Local and 80% + is National. 90% or higher then you shouldn't be on here but training for The Olympics.

Think that's it but stand to be corrected.

Just saw the winner of my Parkrun yesterday was 80.17% - Blimey

Last edited by Am Phibian; 28-04-2019 at 01:39 PM.