Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-03-2019, 02:24 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Steve Parish is now stuck with:
- faltering manager he respects too much to sack
- two partners in the business who want out
- a fanbase he managed to alienate by such a clusterf**k of the management of the lower Holmesdale situation

The club is in pieces at the moment

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I still like Roy but he is the John Major of football management.

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He doesn’t even make changes!

Most of the team were terrible yet he does nothing.

He’s robbing the club.
Old 16-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Pardew sacked for his piss poor in game management... wonder if parish will
Do it to Roy.. doubt it

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
He's been brilliant for our club.
We're it down to me though, I'd be looking to source new blood.
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Just want him to try something different just once. The same approach getting the same results is unbearable.
Old 16-03-2019, 02:28 PM
I came in with the sauce

Eaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglezz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just don’t understand why he does the things he does. Why no subs! Huddersfield and Fulham would kill to have the players we do and yet Roy seems to pretty much neglect them. Unbelievable

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Pardew had a better record at Palace and at least Alan had us really playing exciting football for 10 months or so.

Pardew gets loads of stick and quite rightly for a lot of things, but he had a wonderful, memorable purple patch that overshadows anything Roy has done at Palace.
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not saying it’s the right time but if we were to get a new manager in soon I suspect it might be a bit like early Pardew. A team drilled to within an inch of their life by Pulis being released but with that inherent knack of defending.

Didn’t end well but for a while it was fun - just need to find that happy compromise.
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
The thing is, number one priority for the club is stay in this division.

Roy pretty much gets you that but very unspectacuarly. It's frustrating because it means we haven't got a prayer of a special season finishing towards those European spots and it also means a cup win is out of reach - it's not surprise that the man has never got past a quarter final!

The concern is we do a Charlton, sack Roy at the risk of fecking up the next appointment and sinking - like we did with De Fraud.

Parish isn't going to risk that again.
Old 16-03-2019, 02:29 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy’s a good man and we played some great stuff under him late last season but blimey I’m so bored of us this season. Most of the time we don’t turn up for games in the first half and rarely kick on when we have teams under pressure. When you watch this team it feels lile most of the coaching is focused towards shape when defending in our half. We are pretty clueless around the oppositions box and have no invention with set pieces. I’m convinced our squad is better than this.
Old 16-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Just want him to try something different just once. The same approach getting the same results is unbearable.
No.. his issue is he doesn’t try and play the best player in right positions. Can’t think of one time he has played our best 11 -

Guiata

Awb Tomkins sakho pva

Luka kouyate

Andros Meyer wilf

Batsman

Obviously we have injuries but just swap like for like (positionally)

Today.. he played MacArthur on right.. Townsend left... so 4 central midfielders on the pitch

Sensible thing would put Ayew in instead of wilf.

He’s done this time and time again this season and it’s cost us.
Old 16-03-2019, 02:31 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Pardew sacked for his piss poor in game management... wonder if parish will
Do it to Roy.. doubt it
Pardew was overseeing an extended run of bad form (as in historically bad) with little to suggest that things were due to turn, whereas Roy has us in a fairly strong position to stay up. But regardless of that, it'd be a stupid time to sack the manager with a handful of games to go. Get through the season, stay in the league and then reassess the situation in the summer.
Old 16-03-2019, 02:36 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Surely this is the begining of the end now ? . If parish has any nous, he will have been starting the search for a new manager. No point in sacking him now, but for the love of god how many more defeats will we have to suffer because of his proven intransigence before parish calls time on this mess ? I'd hate to end up feeling the Same way I did when pardew left , but much more of this dross , and I think he will end up being thought of in the same way as pardew by all of us .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 16-03-2019, 02:48 PM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It keeps getting brought up that we have this defensive solidity about us. I don't even see that anymore.
Old 16-03-2019, 03:14 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
How long is left on his contract?
Old 16-03-2019, 03:36 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
Still got another year. Summer of 2020. Parish has gotta pay that off if we want gone. Hardly gonna retire is he. How many “managers” is Parish paying still?

I just want him gone. Palace will get 4-6 more points that will keep them up. I really wouldn’t be against someone like Gary Issott taking it till the end of the season. I would say Freedman but I know he’ll do really well and we’d appoint him for it to all go wrong again unfortunately
Old 16-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
He got a one-year extension last summer/early this season, so we've got to put up with this until summer 2020. God help us.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 16-03-2019, 03:46 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Roy’s a good man and we played some great stuff under him late last season but blimey I’m so bored of us this season. Most of the time we don’t turn up for games in the first half and rarely kick on when we have teams under pressure. When you watch this team it feels lile most of the coaching is focused towards shape when defending in our half. We are pretty clueless around the oppositions box and have no invention with set pieces. I’m convinced our squad is better than this.
Leicester and Burnley away recently were not boring and like you say, the football at the end of last season under Roy was the best since SSC - am I allowed to point out the positives?

Close game today with our two best players out. Unlucky.
Old 16-03-2019, 04:06 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
Losing three times in one season to Watford takes real doing.

An incredible feat.
Not really. Losing three times to them and twice to weed as well though certainly is impressive.

But losing to Huddersfield would top everything.