Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-05-2019, 03:33 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Please do everyone a favour and **** off
Old 16-05-2019, 03:33 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I have heard people suggest that it's the former. Has an initial impact but can't sustain it. But that was just chit chat so no idea how true it is.
Tim Vickery (South American football 'expert') says that.
Old 16-05-2019, 09:29 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
For sure. I'm not advocating him taking over at Palace at all. I'm happy with Roy anyway. But writing this chap off as a Holloway is crazy.
Exactly.He has a stadium named after him and an entire country practically worship him!
Old 16-05-2019, 09:31 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd rather have Mad Dog Allen.
Old 16-05-2019, 09:46 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
I like him. Despite not getting Leeds up, he clearly had a massive impact in transforming a struggling squad into promotion challengers. It's not easy to do that - just ask about 50 previous Leeds managers.

That's not to say that he'd necessarily be a good fit for us, because like somebody else said, we have an aging, somewhat plodding squad who seem unsuited to Bielsa's high tempo, high pressing style.

From what I know about him, he'll adapt his formation and system to the opposition, and is obsessive when it comes to studying opponents, but he won't stray from his principles. He was never going to sit back against Derby despite the 2 goal lead. His philosophy is to squeeze the opposition and win the ball back high up the pitch - which often puts opponents under great pressure and leads to a lot of possession, but if they beat the press, it leaves you vulnerable as we saw last night.

I don't particularly want to see Leeds promoted, but I'd like to watch him in the Premier League. Maybe somebody like a Watford would take a chance on him if Garcia moves on. It'd be interesting to see how he'd fare.
Old 16-05-2019, 10:45 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If he was good enough to consider, he'd have got Leeds up. As it stands, please God no. Just another hipster's wanking fodder. No thanks
Old 16-05-2019, 11:16 PM
I've broken bad

bgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If our team gets dissembled, I fear for any manager.
Old 16-05-2019, 11:29 PM

CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The guy doesn't seem to stay anywhere longer than a season or two. No thanks.
Old 17-05-2019, 06:43 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Taking this suggestion seriously for 10 seconds, he would come in, tear everything up and then **** off a season later, leaving someone else to pick up the pieces. Not for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 17-05-2019, 06:44 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
If he was good enough to consider, he'd have got Leeds up. As it stands, please God no. Just another hipster's wanking fodder. No thanks
See also: Thomas Tuchel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 17-05-2019, 12:38 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
For sure. I'm not advocating him taking over at Palace at all. I'm happy with Roy anyway. But writing this chap off as a Holloway is crazy.
But Holloway got two clubs promoted to the Premier League
Old 17-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgh2172 View Post
If our team gets dissembled, I fear for any manager.
About the only person I'd have faith in to keep us up in that scenario is in charge right now.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:39 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
About the only person I'd have faith in to keep us up in that scenario is in charge right now.
Absolutely. If Wilf and maybe others go I think we desperately need an experienced calm head at the helm and someone who already knows the strengths and weaknesses of our squad inside out.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:43 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If our squad is to be broken up, we require a younger manager, who will develop fringe and youth players. Potentially we are going to have a large amount of money to buy players, why would you entrust that to somebody who possibly will only do another season.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
If our squad is to be broken up, we require a younger manager, who will develop fringe and youth players. Potentially we are going to have a large amount of money to buy players, why would you entrust that to somebody who possibly will only do another season.
Disagree. I would much rather a wise head and we should limit the amount of change.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:49 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bielsa is hardly a spring Chicken, he's 63 !!
Old 17-05-2019, 03:52 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
Bielsa is hardly a spring Chicken, he's 63 !!
8 years on Roy, and let us not forget AWB was by mistake not by design. Same RH who overlook Wilf for England.

We need a coach that will unearth talent and give youth a chance.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:58 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
8 years on Roy, and let us not forget AWB was by mistake not by design. Same RH who overlook Wilf for England.

We need a coach that will unearth talent and give youth a chance.
Same RH that gave Wilf an England debut whilst a championship player?

Wilf pre-2016 wasn't anywhere near the player he is now and I don't remember him being at the level where he deserved a call up. Southgate is the one who messed up with Wilf.
Old 17-05-2019, 04:13 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Same RH that gave Wilf an England debut whilst a championship player?

Wilf pre-2016 wasn't anywhere near the player he is now and I don't remember him being at the level where he deserved a call up. Southgate is the one who messed up with Wilf.
I'm no Sothgate lover, far from it, but I thought it was because Zaha wasn't selected to go to the euros. Roy was in charge then and we was crying out for a player like Zaha in the England squad at the time. Many opposition fans agreed. England flopped and the absence of a player like Zaha showed when we had no idea or plan B.

Didn't Roy later go on record to say he regretted not selecting Wilf. Southgate then came in, tried to tie him down but that ship had already set sail as Wilf was rightly miffed at the whole England clique
Old 17-05-2019, 04:21 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
He's done well to get Leeds to bottle the lead and then flop in the play offs.
Leeds were hoping to avoid a relegation scrap at the start of the season... he's done extraordinary at Leeds.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!